Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
Like Tree132Likes

Thread: Am I alone?

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    6164 times
    Do I need a assault rifle, I'm thinking you are referring to the AR15 in general? Yes I believe I do. In the worse case scenario I need to be able to reach out and touch some of the tyrannical government forces before they get close enough to require the use of handguns and shotguns.

Certainly a bolt action type rifle could fulfill the "reaching out" duties but the AR15 also allows me to enjoy competition (3 gun) and to simply relax at the shooting bench at the range, all done with 1 rifle.
    gyro_cfi likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    58 times
    You must understand, If they have the ban (remember, this includes many of the Taurus pistols!!!) and it makes no difference with crime, they are coming for your "nice" guns! But, as you say, you might be dead as your so old (and isn't that the point of Obama care???) This is not a point where a little is OK, they will NEVER be satisfied with a little. They will take it all!!
    IMHO
    NRA Current 5 year membership

Member #
    Liked
    8102 times
    I answered your question. After reading more of your thoughts, I retract my answer. I was wrong. You do not need an AR. My mistake.
    Zylo_X, MilProGuy and gyro_cfi like this.
    "It is when people forget GOD, that tyrants forge their chains." ~ Patrick Henry 1775

Member #
    Liked
    180 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluidpower View Post
    You must understand, If they have the ban (remember, this includes many of the Taurus pistols!!!) and it makes no difference with crime, they are coming for your "nice" guns! But, as you say, you might be dead as your so old (and isn't that the point of Obama care???) This is not a point where a little is OK, they will NEVER be satisfied with a little. They will take it all!!
    IMHO

My old statement was about Zombies coming. Fighting it IS my point but fight it with more than " It is my right." Yes that is a large part but to have a better fight it is better to have MORE reasons. Not like they haven't changed rights before.
    NO Salt,Alcohol, Smoking,Caffeine,Chocolate,Meat,Anything Spicy,Gasoline,Weapons Except Stun Wands By Police,Contact Sports,Sex Other Than Virtual,Abortion,Pregnancy Without A License,Non Educational Toys,Bad Language,Exchanging Bodily fluids Including Kissing,Aggressive Acts,Freedom Of Speech( ref Demolition Man year 2036 )

Member #
    Liked
    373 times
    This why you need an AR -- okay only kidding

Tantrum Over Burger: Man Assaults McDonald’s Employee
    Just another peaceful Saturday in the country

Member #
    Liked
    180 times
    Might need one to fight the Zombie bees
    AOL.com Video - 'Zombie Bees' Found in Washington
    91 whiskey likes this.
    NO Salt,Alcohol, Smoking,Caffeine,Chocolate,Meat,Anything Spicy,Gasoline,Weapons Except Stun Wands By Police,Contact Sports,Sex Other Than Virtual,Abortion,Pregnancy Without A License,Non Educational Toys,Bad Language,Exchanging Bodily fluids Including Kissing,Aggressive Acts,Freedom Of Speech( ref Demolition Man year 2036 )

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    18841 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Denton View Post
    ...I will say this, to you and whoever else bothers to read my posts. The 2nd Amendment and the need for "assault" rifles has nothing to do with sporting, hunting or home defense. They are about responsibility. Those who have the ability, have the responsibility to stand prepared to take back the nation from tyranny and arbitrary rule. ............

...Now, about that whole age and health thing. We have a guy here, we call him MilPro or Harry, who is not in the best of health and is a little more aged than I, who has proved himself as a leader of the fearless. Harry was a military police first sergeant. That man doesn't need a rifle, but he has one, anyway. Harry has something else that is more needed than a rifle in his hands; Harry has the ability to lead, and he has the tactical and technical knowledge that would make his leadership more devastating to a tyrant than any little black rifle.

I hope you get that point, too. There is a good chance you have more to offer than just a finger on a trigger. Again, you know a lot more about yourself than I do. I'll bet you have a lot to offer, though!
    You've just made an old soldier's day, Brian.

I am honored and profoundly humbled to be used as an analogy in one of your mind-probing posts.

I totally agree with your statement that we "...have the responsibility to stand prepared to take back the nation from tyranny and arbitrary rule."
    Last edited by MilProGuy; 12-20-2012 at 01:51 PM. Reason: Edited to correct spelling
    Zylo_X likes this.

In Memory of Erv Bobo, Supporting Moderator

(Lance0812)
    September 23, 2014

Member #
    Liked
    22152 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Florida651738 View Post
    I have all the weapons I need. An assault rifle is not among them. I am watching the feeding frenzy on assault weapons and I can understand some just want them, but why?
    I don't think the world is ending. I don't think I will live long enough to see a zombie hoard attack. ( I am so old that I wouldn't last long anyway. )
    Do I think we should have the right and be able to buy them? Yes.
    Do I want or need one? No
    I have plenty to protect my home and my person and even have fun at the range.
    Am I alone thinking I have enough?
    I don't know anybody who has an assault rifle. They have been illegal for private parties to own for many years without permiting that most people find excessive. Nor do I know anybody with enough money to feed a fully automatic rifle for more than a few seconds. Most everybody I know makes do with a semi-automatic rifle. Some people like their rifle to look like a military rifle, some don't. That is purely a matter of taste and I see no reason for the government to legislate appearance.
    MilProGuy and Zylo_X like this.
    Keeper of The Pledge

Elected Perpetual Dictator of the Universe by a landslide.
    ∀xx ∃xy | xx∇xy > 0
    I have ridden a motorcycle faster than Mach 0.25.

"When you have robbed a man of everything, he is no longer in your power. He is free again."—Aleksander Solzhenitsyn

Liberalism without Lies is Bralim.

Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    I don't care owning about any type of of assault rifle, but I don't want to give up my 15 round magazines!!!!

Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    i just don't want to have to give up my 15 round magazines for my pistols!!

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Links