Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: She buried him in the backyard

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    9865 times

She buried him in the backyard

I just want to point out the backwards thinking of government.
    http://www.ctnow.com/news/connecticu...,1729878.story
    "The zoning enforcement officer said private burials are not addressed in zoning regulations and therefore not allowed."

What they're saying is if it is not specifically permitted, it is illegal.
    This is backwards.
    If something is not specifically prohibited, then it should be legal.
    USAF Veteran '72-'80 SSGT, Texas Air National Guard '83-'84 SSGT., Amateur Radio Operator WA1UFE since 1974,NRA Member
    24/7 Pro LS DS 9mm 17+1,DPMS Sportical 5.56/.223 16" barrel 1:9 twist, Nikon P-223 4-12X 40mm. Scope
    Stevens Arms Westpoint Model 121 .22S,L,LR SS Bolt Action, Crosman CenterPoint AR22 Series 3-9X-32mm. Scope
    Mosin Nagant 1942 KO-91/30 7.62X54R, Slavia Model 618 .177 pellet SS break barrel

"If you know how much ammo you have, you don't have enough"

Member #
    Liked
    19390 times
    ....I'd scatter his ashes on a windy day and tell the state to come and get em if they want em...
    NULLI SECUNDUS

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    9834 times
    Yeap, That's the way I've always understood it. There's no law allowing me to eat lasagna on Tuesdays either, but, since there's no law prohibiting me from doing it, it's legal.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    19855 times
    Quote Originally Posted by gwk1951 View Post
    I just want to point out the backwards thinking of government.
    Supreme Court Considered Backyard Burial In Chester - CTnow
    "The zoning enforcement officer said private burials are not addressed in zoning regulations and therefore not allowed."

What they're saying is if it is not specifically permitted, it is illegal.
    This is backwards.
    If something is not specifically prohibited, then it should be legal.
    I thought the same exact thing when I read that earlier this morning. I am betting that will be a part of her argument. If it's not she needs a better lawyer in my opinion!
    "Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem" (I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery) Thomas Jefferson in a letter to James Madison

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

"If everyone is thinking alike then someone isn't thinking!" General Patton

"If we waited for Washington to tell us when to plant, we should soon want bread." Thomas Jefferson

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    19855 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf1477 View Post
    Yeap, That's the way I've always understood it. There's no law allowing me to eat lasagna on Tuesdays either, but, since there's no law prohibiting me from doing it, it's legal.
    I have alerted the federal and state pasta control authorities Wolf, they should be there shortly...
    "Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem" (I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery) Thomas Jefferson in a letter to James Madison

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

"If we waited for Washington to tell us when to plant, we should soon want bread." Thomas Jefferson

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    9865 times
    Here in rural unincorporated Horry County there is no law prohibiting shooting in your backyard, so it is legal.
    By their thinking it would illegal because there is no law allowing it.
    Had the same problem back in Ohio in the township we lived in, no law allowing something so it was illegal to do whatever that something was.
    USAF Veteran '72-'80 SSGT, Texas Air National Guard '83-'84 SSGT., Amateur Radio Operator WA1UFE since 1974,NRA Member
    24/7 Pro LS DS 9mm 17+1,DPMS Sportical 5.56/.223 16" barrel 1:9 twist, Nikon P-223 4-12X 40mm. Scope
    Stevens Arms Westpoint Model 121 .22S,L,LR SS Bolt Action, Crosman CenterPoint AR22 Series 3-9X-32mm. Scope
    Mosin Nagant 1942 KO-91/30 7.62X54R, Slavia Model 618 .177 pellet SS break barrel

"If you know how much ammo you have, you don't have enough"

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    9834 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasAviator View Post
    I have alerted the federal and state pasta control authorities Wolf, they should be there shortly...
    Don't get between a fat man and his pasta...Come and Take It!

And considering my current frame of mind, I'm more than willing to send it to 'em after I've eaten and processed it<eg>

Member #
    Liked
    739 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MOONDAWG View Post
    ....I'd scatter his ashes on a windy day and tell the state to come and get em if they want em...
    I'm still laughing...
    When the SHTF, don't be infront of the fan.

Member #
    Liked
    1736 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf1477 View Post
    Yep, That's the way I've always understood it. There's no law allowing me to eat lasagna on Tuesdays either, but, since there's no law prohibiting me from doing it, it's legal.
    Boy, this could open a whole can of Libertarian worms! Just because there is not a statute regulating something does not meant that it is always a good idea to do it. BTW, I am not sure what the laws are here in IA concerning such things -- I left it up to the funeral home. We scattered a church member's ashes on farmland, and her brother plowed them in when he was prepping for Spring planting.......
    HE thinks, therefore I am! <><

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    19855 times
    Quote Originally Posted by RevolverFan View Post
    Boy, this could open a whole can of Libertarian worms! Just because there is not a statute regulating something does not meant that it is always a good idea to do it. BTW, I am not sure what the laws are here in IA concerning such things -- I left it up to the funeral home. We scattered a church member's ashes on farmland, and her brother plowed them in when he was prepping for Spring planting.......
    Yeah libertarians will be all over the cities argument that we don't have a law for it so it is illegal... I know this libertarian is!

You bring up something else I was thinking Revolver, you left it up to the funeral director, so did this lady. Isn't the expectation that even a halfway decent funeral director to know where you can bury a body? I know I would.
    Wolf1477 and 91 whiskey like this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links