Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Should we be worried.....

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    10397 times

Should we be worried.....

That equipment like this is being deployed all around the country to small town police departments?
    U.S. News - NH city's new military muscle raises some hackles
    USAF Veteran '72-'80 SSGT, Texas ANG '83-'84 SSGT., ARO WA1UFE since 1974,NRA Member
    24/7 Pro LS DS 9mm 17+1,Ares Armor "Casper" AR-15 5.56/.223 16" barrel 1:9 twist, Nikon P-223 4-12X 40mm. Scope
    Stevens Arms Westpoint Model 121 .22S,L,LR SS Bolt Action, Crosman CenterPoint 4-16X 40mm. Scope
    Mosin Nagant 1942 KO-91/30 7.62X54R,NcStar 2-7X 32mm. Pistol Scope, Slavia Model 618 .177 pellet SS break barrel
    Mossberg Maverick 88 12 Gauge Pump

Member #
    Liked
    1736 times
    I don't know. Crime can be so intense in some areas that it might be useful. However, it's also like the time a few years ago when the DEA picked up some surplus OV-1 Mohawks. I was a little suspicious about that one....
    HE thinks, therefore I am! <><

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    8155 times
    I could understand large cities having one. But like the article said, in Louisiana they've had one since 2009 and never used it. Keene N.H.? Been there. Doesn't seem very likely they'll ever need it. Seems like a waste of money.

Member #
    Liked
    3541 times
    Naw, I wouldn't worry. With obamanation in office, they won't be able to afford to fill it up with fuel.
    gwk1951, Lmstncwby and Rogerzz like this.
    Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
    I love my country, but I fear my government.
    "The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil, but by those who watch them without doing anything.” Albert Einstein

Member #
    Liked
    22268 times
    What's weird is it's a town of 23,000 - not Los Angeles (where they probably need one).
    I'm going to guess that it's just another example of political corruption and cronyism.
    Lenco is in Pittsfield, Massachusetts - so my question would be who they paid off, i.e. contributed to the campaign fund for.
    Keeper of The Pledge

Elected Perpetual Dictator of the Universe by a landslide.
    ∀xx ∃xy | xx∇xy > 0
    I have ridden a motorcycle faster than Mach 0.25.

"When you have robbed a man of everything, he is no longer in your power. He is free again."—Aleksander Solzhenitsyn

Liberalism without Lies is Bralim.

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    14228 times
    Well, Uncle Sam has all that dough, what's tossing a quarter mil+, per unit, at stuff like that? It's free, ain't it?

Sarcasm intended.
    Lmstncwby and bmbroker like this.
    Texas is neither southern or western. Texas is Texas!

Texas friendly, spoken here.

Supporting Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    14105 times
    My city has one. They use it for the SRT guys. Last time they had it out they were trying to use it as the lead car in a chase because the suspect was firing at the patrol cars behind him. Problem is the thing doesn't have much of a top speed and the suspect was in a Camero.
    “If taxation without consent is not robbery, then any band of robbers have only to declare themselves a government, and all their robberies are legalized.”
    Lysander Spooner

"No man has a natural right to commit aggression on the equal rights of another, and this is all from which the law ought to restrain him." Thomas Jefferson.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    4906 times
    Our town is about twice the size and we got a Mobile command center that they bring to the fair and the mall during Christmas. And downtown festivals. Its massive with all the bells and whistles.
    When I moved to the south I just didn't bring my things . By the grace of GOD he brought my soul!!"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."
    -- Thomas Jefferson

PT 1911,pt 24/7 45 C DS, M-85

Supporting Member

Member #
    Between the Trinity and Brazos Rivers in the real Lonesome Dove.
    Liked
    2830 times
    These are great until some wing nut dip stick decides to use one for RPG target practice. It is only a matter of time.
    The AR-15: The 21st Century Patriot's Flintlock Musket.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him had better take a closer look at the American Indian." Henry Ford

"Participating in a gun buy back program because you think that criminals have too many guns is like having yourself castrated because you think your neighbors have too many kids." - Clint Eastwood

Sand Lake 2014 TA Gathering

UVA UVAM VIVENDO VARIA FIT

Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Ian Freeman was the guy who started the opposition to this thing up in Keene. I've been listening to him talk about it for a while now on his radio show, Free Talk Live. Pretty interesting, there was (is but it's too late now) massive support against the town accepting that thing.

The deal with these things is that the towns get them for free basically, they just have to take care of them. Which is a whole other huge expensive issue. But anyway, whenever the Feds, the DEA or whatever other police-state alphabet soup government agency come to town to eff with someone, they get to use the thing no questions asked. So all it is is FedGov leaving these things parked on loan all over the US and they're there for them to use any time they want. That's the real purpose of FedGov handing these things out like they're golf carts. It's for them. Not for you. What a bunch of shit.

I can't wait until FedGov goes broke and this insanity stops.
    Last edited by JohnFritz; 03-14-2012 at 08:39 PM.
    rcflyer likes this.
    Johnnie F. - recovering Statist
    ----------------------------------------------
    Have you read TheTruthAboutGuns.com today?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links