Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Reduce your DirecTV bill INSTANTLY !

Member #
    Liked
    415 times

Reduce your DirecTV bill INSTANTLY !

Since we plan to move later this year, I told my wife to cancel the DirecTV, and we'll just use the antenna. We really don't watch TV that much anyway.

Just for the hell of it, I told her to tell them that the reason we were cancelling was because we were switching to Dish Network because the introductory offer (as all of them are) was too good to pass up, and the smart thing to do was to switch providers every year to take advantage of that.

They IMMEDIATELY offered to cut our monthly bill by more than 30 bucks !

So, if you are using them, and have been for over a year, your rates went up after the introductory promo. Call and tell them you are switching. You'll get a nice reduction in your monthly bill.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    3750 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Rottiejake View Post
    Since we plan to move later this year, I told my wife to cancel the DirecTV, and we'll just use the antenna. We really don't watch TV that much anyway.

Just for the hell of it, I told her to tell them that the reason we were cancelling was because we were switching to Dish Network because the introductory offer (as all of them are) was too good to pass up, and the smart thing to do was to switch providers every year to take advantage of that.

They IMMEDIATELY offered to cut our monthly bill by more than 30 bucks !

So, if you are using them, and have been for over a year, your rates went up after the introductory promo. Call and tell them you are switching. You'll get a nice reduction in your monthly bill.
    I started out with Direct TV and that was the worst mistake i made in my life !!! They did not have local channels at the time to watch news and weather but they told me within 2 weeks they would have them so i took them on with a great promotion and and the imstaller that came out also told me the same thing and to check with support if i didn't have them within a couple more weeks . Well as suspected a month and still no local channels so i call in again and they told me they could not get them unless i sent in a request to FAA and they had to approve it so they sent me the papers to fill out and i asked them when would i know and they said if they approve it they would contact DTV and then they would turn them on for me . Well another month and no word so i call and they tell me it was denied but no one bothered to contact me and let me know ... and by this time i was pretty pissed off so i call a local cable and make a better deal with them and they had all the channels including news and weather and all local channels . So i call DTV back and tell them to cancel i was changing because they lied to me for 2 months and i no longer wanted their service . SO GUESS WHAT ???????? They also didn't tell me there was a $400.00 opt out early fee !!!! Talk about being PISSED !!!! I even threatened them with a law suit but guess what , they had already charged me and i lost $400.00 for THEIR LIES !!!! I learned a painful lesson and any one that has DTV i feel sorry for and warn anyone what they did to me . AND BestBuy sells DTV contracts with their TVs' and i have walked up to people at BB and told them it's a RAW deal not worth having and out at other retailers where a DTV agent is and selling contracts i tell him in front of customers that if the give me back my $400.00 they stole i might consider listening to his speech for what it was worth then walk off !!
    RonLPT24/7

Taurus 24/7 Pro Ds 9mm
    Rossi .357 , 3-in.

Member #
    Liked
    21591 times
    Over the years I've used that ploy several times, it "does" work.
    NULLI SECUNDUS

Member #
    Liked
    315 times
    That's exactly what my dad does, when they call his bluff, he doesn't bluff and switches between the 2. The look on some of the installers face when he see's the other satellite dish still on the side of the house is at times priceless.

I'm in the process of moving to a different apt within my complex so I can get a dish signal and get out from under the fascist cable company.
    OEF Veteran and Cornfed Iowa Boy
    PT1911ss
    Gen 4 Glock 17/19
    DPMS AP4

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    11156 times
    I had DirecTV for a couple of years, then I finally got a High Def TV. Called them and they wanted to charge me about $350 in hardware upgrades. Told them no thanks, that I'd go with Dish. They called me about a month after I switched and I told them why I did, and he immediately offered to upgrade my equipment for free. No thanks ! I told him that maybe he should clue the guys in that department into the fact that people have choices.

I have AT&T U-Verse now. It's pretty good, nothing really wrong with it that I can tell.
    You all may go to hell, and I will go to Texas - Davy Crockett

"Beware the fury of a patient man." - John Dryden

When Leonidas was preparing to make his stand, a Persian envoy arrived. The envoy explained to Leonidas the futility of trying to resist the advance of the huge Persian army and demanded that the Spartans lay down their arms. Leonidas told Xerxes "MOLON LABE", or "Come And Get Them."

NRA member and proud Texas CHL holder

Member #
    Liked
    42 times
    I have a reduced Dish Network package. I pay 15 per month. All locals, and a pretty good variety of stuff I want to see. It is limited though with no ESPN, but I can get that at the bar for Monday night Packer games.

We got the package when we went to cancel due to me being laid off in 2009. I figured I could swing it since I could find a new job quickly. We call it the Pitty Package.
    Rottiejake likes this.
    PT111 Pro

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    23163 times
    I've got dish and my rates have been pretty steady the last 3 years or so I'm pretty happy.

So did you keep DTV with the reduced rate or go antenna? I was just trying to explain that I grew up with antennas with aluminum foil on them to my daughter.. she still doesn't get it!
    bubblehead likes this.
    "Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem" (I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery) Thomas Jefferson in a letter to James Madison

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

"If everyone is thinking alike then someone isn't thinking!" General Patton

"If we waited for Washington to tell us when to plant, we should soon want bread." Thomas Jefferson

Member #
    Liked
    791 times
    I've had DirecTV now since they took of Prime Star in South Florida (about 15 years or so). I get breaks all the time on my bill due to being with them so long. I have 3 TV in my place. The main set has an HD/DVR that can be operated by my other 2 sets via wireless Whole Home network. I have all of the premium programing and love the service I get from them be it replacing things that fail which is all covered. The price is much less than standard offered by Dish with one premium channel too. I also get all my local channels in HD also but that is a local thing as some areas don't have HD local channels. I will never go back to cable as I had that before Prime Star and it was horrible.
    Joe

Owning a gun doesn’t make you any more an armed citizen than owning a guitar
    makes you a musician.

Supporting Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    14479 times
    Kinda thought this was going to be about shooting a satellite dish.
    “If taxation without consent is not robbery, then any band of robbers have only to declare themselves a government, and all their robberies are legalized.”
    Lysander Spooner

"No man has a natural right to commit aggression on the equal rights of another, and this is all from which the law ought to restrain him." Thomas Jefferson.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    23163 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 91 whiskey View Post
    Kinda thought this was going to be about shooting a satellite dish.
    As long as its not mine!
    texastaurusguy likes this.
    "Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem" (I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery) Thomas Jefferson in a letter to James Madison

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

"If everyone is thinking alike then someone isn't thinking!" General Patton

"If we waited for Washington to tell us when to plant, we should soon want bread." Thomas Jefferson

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links