Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Pee Ants

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    14141 times

Pee Ants

I usually call 'em piss ants, but my wife always corrects me. Sugar ants then. My little piece of Texas is becoming overrun with them. I spray, they die. I sprinkle poison, they don't care. I smash them, they multiply. They're not in the house or outbuildings yet, but they could be at any time. They cover sprinkler heads and anything with water on it. One good thing, they have eradicated the aphids on shrubs and trees. Megamillions of them on the driveway and patio. Looks like a gigantic miniature highway, everywhere you look. I know it has something to do with the drought, but how do you eradicate yours? They're too small to shoot, and that would get expensive, quick!
    Armd2DaTeeth likes this.
    Texas is neither southern or western. Texas is Texas!

Texas friendly, spoken here.

Supporting Member
    Member #
    Liked
    109 times
    Mine always show up after a good rain. A few days after it rains, they are everywhere. I use to use Seven Dust at my old house and it worked great. I probably need to start doing that here to.

Member #
    Liked
    1915 times
    Thanks to MissKitty I can tell you they love dish soap and it kills them fast. They act like it's liquid cocaine and hit it big time and just drop.

Sarge
    Men trained in arms from their infancy, and animated by the love of liberty, will afford neither a cheap or easy conquest. -- From the Declaration of the Continental Congress, July 1775.

May you live as long as you wish and love as long as you live. Robert A. Heinlein

Are you casting asparagus on my cooking? Curly Howard

Member #
    Liked
    1736 times
    I'll have to try that. My office was overrun last year. I used Terro, but it took multiple applications to get rid of them....
    HE thinks, therefore I am! <><

Supporting Member
    Member #
    Liked
    109 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    Thanks to MissKitty I can tell you they love dish soap and it kills them fast. They act like it's liquid cocaine and hit it big time and just drop.

Sarge
    Never would have thought of that. I will have to try it.

Member #
    Liked
    1943 times
    Borax, milk, sugar. Don't know the exact amount- you can look up home made ant bait on line.
    The idea is to make a paste, let it dry, then crush into powder and sprinkle it around where the ants are. It works slow-so they take it as food and take it to the nest and feed the rest of the ants. Takes a few days, but it get them all.
    Downside- you will get ants again, and again. They can swarm any month of the year where you are. Anytime the wind blows, it can blow in a fertile pair.

If thats too slow.....spraying is your best bet. Its instant, it just don't last long.

Member #
    Liked
    15415 times
    The Borax sugar & Milk or Water is the way to go, just keep giving it to them and let them drink away. Keep it fresh by just putting out a little every day. The entire nest will feast on it killing everything. I found when you start don't stop, otherwise they get wise to it and will stop eating it only killing part of them. I like the term piss ants better as they can really piss you off over time. Took me 2weeks to get rid of them last time. Haven't had any in about 4 years now.
    Shooting and Fishing! Life is Good!
    ><((((> ><((((> ><((((> Fish on! <)))>< <)))>< <)))><
    ************************************************** ************************************************
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, its about getting out there and Dancing in the Rain.

Member #
    Liked
    2373 times
    Kill em with fire!

Last edited by Shinsou; 08-25-2011 at 06:26 PM.
    A-TEAM 513 likes this.
    That which is unknown and unseen always commands the greatest fear!

Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam
    !

Member #
    Liked
    15464 times
    Borax, DE as you would use in a pool filter...borax is the best. Safe for everybody...except the ants.
    Got fleas...borax....make it into a fine powder and sprinkle it everywhere....We spent over $1000 dollars trying to get rid of fleas and 20 mule team borax..2 packs, I paid $4/pack got rid of them in 6 hours!

Member #
    Liked
    15464 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinsou View Post
    Kill em with fire!

I am assuming this is for Outside the house?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links