Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    4748 times

Another bullied teen commits suicide

Seems like something is going on and the schools are baffled and even the law enforcement is not doing anything. They say they are investigating while derogatory remarks are still being placed on her face book page.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,...est=latestnews
    When I moved to the south I just didn't bring my things . By the grace of GOD he brought my soul!!"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."
    -- Thomas Jefferson

PT 1911,pt 24/7 45 C DS, M-85

Member #
    Liked
    850 times

Re: Another bullied teen commits suicide

very sad
    Ye shall know the truth ... and the truth shall set you free ....

NRA
    NJ2AS
    The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life:

Member #
    Liked
    15 times

what a damned shame... These kids nowadays need a good ass-wuppin. No other way to say it.
    John D.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    2291 times

Quote Originally Posted by lvcsslacker
    what a damned shame... These kids nowadays need a good ass-wuppin. No other way to say it.
    +1 ! No regard for the feelings of others. Social Pressure on kids seems to be getting even more intense these days.

Hope they trace the posters IP addresses or accounts and charge them with harassment or something. Sentenced to hard labor for the Summer.
    "Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by ego." - Yoda

For all of those killed by a 9mm: "Get up! You are not dead! You were shot with a useless cartridge!"

Member #
    Liked
    437 times

I don`t think it takes much to baffle school officials much in todays world. My 18 year old was having trouble in school with some kid so, he went to the principle
    and talked to him and he took his sweet time taking care of the situation.
    In memory of Connie Ann Johnson, July 9,1962- March 31, 2011
    In memory of Calvin "P`nut" Hicks, August 22, 1950- August 14,2014
    U.S. Army 1969-1971. R.I.P. P`nut

Member #
    Liked
    4 times

The article is vague to the point of not containing much real information. Hard to say what the situation really was here.

Whatever else, any teen suicide is sad and unfortunate. Today's kids are becoming social adults far earlier than their physical and psychological development should allow.
    Desperately clinging to guns and religion....mostly guns.

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution, for if the American Constitution should fail, there will be anarchy throughout the world."
    Daniel Webster

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    22782 times

It's sad that this young girl has chosen to end her life. It's even sadder to think that anyone that young would even consider doing so. Life is tough, even in the best of circumstances. I don't condone bully's behavior at all, but that type of behavior is a fact of life. I would rather see parents and teachers teaching kids how to deal with it rather than trying to be PC and make bullying go away; because it won't go away. Teach kids self esteme and show them that they have value as a person regardless of what other people think. Giving a person hope through belief in themselves will go a lot farther than trying to police the bully's of the world.
    ​Venimus, vidimus, nos explodit.

There is nothing in life so bad or so awful that it cannot be made infinitely worse by a lawyer.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times

I wonder if those little "______s" will ever realize that they caused the death of another human being, simply out of meaness and stupidity.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Quote Originally Posted by BigSkiff
    It's sad that this young girl has chosen to end here life. It's even sadder to think that anyone that young would even consider doing so. Life is tough, even in the best of circumstances. I don't condone bully's behavior at all, but that type of behavior is a fact of life. I would rather see parents and teachers teaching kids how to deal with it rather than trying to be PC and make bullying go away; because it won't go away. Teach kids self esteme and show them that they have value as a person regardless of what other people think. Giving a person hope through belief in themselves will go a lot farther than trying to police the bully's of the world.
    Well put BS ! And my prayers and thoughts are with the family may God Bless and be with them .
    John
    Born & raised to protect those dearest to our hearts by any means possible . Those weak & those abused as well , The unjust will find Karma a unwelcome foe that he must meet in time .
    ( John )

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    22782 times

Quote Originally Posted by Dannylee
    I wonder if those little "______s" will ever realize that they caused the death of another human being, simply out of meaness and stupidity.
    I'm sure they will. I'm also sure it will alter their lives as well. Bullies would never become bullies if their parents did not allow that type of behavior. Kids will be kids. Their ability to demonstrate civil behavior needs to be guided and developed. I see bullying as more of a failure of the parent than a failure of the child. I don't mean to suggest that the child has no responsibility for their behavior, they do, but the guidance and control for that behavior should come from the parents of the child and it should be re-enforced by the school and by society in general. In our current ME FIRST world, there seems to be little consideration for others and a great deal of disrespect and irresponsibility. Kids are not born that way, but they will quickly learn to be that way if they receive no guidance from their parents.
    ​Venimus, vidimus, nos explodit.

There is nothing in life so bad or so awful that it cannot be made infinitely worse by a lawyer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Links