Man sues woman for texting on first date! - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree70Likes

Thread: Man sues woman for texting on first date!

Member #
    Liked
    167 times
    This snowflake reportedly settled up with her. He is typical of many his age here.
    RustyYoungMan likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    7033 times
    If I was young enough to date and single, God forbid, and my date whipped out her phone and
    started texting I would have not said a word. I would have just stood up and left her sitting there
    with her precious phone and her imaginary friends.
    I may not be the most fascinating person on the planet but if you can't show me enough courtesy
    and respect to place my importance over that of your idiot cell phone you have many problems and
    a lot of therapy in your future.
    I HAVE MEPHOBIA:
    It is the fear of becoming so awesome that the
    human race can't handle it and everyone dies.

Member #
    Liked
    2753 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacher39 View Post
    If I was young enough to date and single, God forbid, and my date whipped out her phone and
    started texting I would have not said a word. I would have just stood up and left her sitting there
    with her precious phone and her imaginary friends.
    I may not be the most fascinating person on the planet but if you can't show me enough courtesy
    and respect to place my importance over that of your idiot cell phone you have many problems and
    a lot of therapy in your future.
    That might have been her plan:

"Just in case this guy is a real dud, girlfriend, give me a call at 8:00. If he's great, I'll ignore you. But if he's a dud, I'll say it's an emergency and I have to leave."
    "Failure requires maximum effort. If you didn't give it 100%, you didn't fail...you quit."
    "When calling for air support, never give them your own coordinates." -- Major Swain US Army
    "You have attributed conditions to villainy that simply result from stupidity" -- Robert A. Heinlein
    "Never frighten a man smaller than you; he'll kill you." -- Robert A. Heinlein
    "Never offend people with style when you can offend them with substance" -- Sam Johnson

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    136 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post

Bad dates have been happening since Samson dated Delilah.
    Oh yeah, what about Adam and Eve and the apple incident? Hmmm, maybe Eve was texting on the apple?
    Parabellum—Latin for "prepare for war," from the phrase, Si vis pacem, para bellum, meaning "If you want peace, prepare for war." Kind of Georg Luger's version of Colt "peacemaker."
    "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away and you have their shoes. ~ Jack Handey
    U.S. Army War College Motto: "Not to promote war, but to preserve peace."

Member #
    Liked
    1713 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Para_Bellum View Post
    Oh yeah, what about Adam and Eve and the apple incident? Hmmm, maybe Eve was texting on the apple?
    Eve was FakeBooking on the apple (you know, and all the "knowledge" stored therein?) and he initially opposed it. She kept at it and Adam relented and agreed to check it out. Once both were on Fakebook and participating in all the posting they had to leave Eden so they wouldn't pollute it with troll posts, fail memes, and flame wars.
    FreeInAZ likes this.
    I carry to defend my loved ones; Desensitizing and educating are secondary & tertiary reasons. Anything else is unintended.

“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” - Frederic Bastiat

"When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle." - Edmund Burke

Member #
    Liked
    32995 times
    He's probably a Bernie voter. He figured he was "entitled" to a refund!
    studenygreg likes this.
    01/20/2017 The day the sun began to shine again in America!

Go Spurs Go! KAWOW = MVP!

McE
    Member #
    Liked
    4014 times
    I had a then-gf who took video during a concert, and a gentleman sitting behind us asked her, "will you be doing that the whole show?" And without hesitation she just said, "yep!"
    I was embarrassed. I also couldn't figure out if her answer was of irritation that the gentleman expressed his irritation or if she lacked the cognitive depth to understand he was actually irritated and not just asking out of agendaless curiosity. This girl was a shining example of snowflake syndrome.
    I understand this TX guy's pain, but this is just a sign she wasn't a keeper.
    Religion-- Giving hope to a world torn apart by religion.

Member #
    Liked
    20653 times
    From how petty this guy is, I doubt he gets many dates.

Perhaps if he were more interesting, she would have paid attention to him instead of the friends she was texting.

One thing is for sure, when this gets out, he will not have to worry about some crummy date ruining his experience in the future as he will be flying solo!
    MOLON LABE

Member #
    Liked
    239 times
    Filing suit is a bit much in my opinion but in today's millennial society it is hard to find a group gathering round a table, whether for business or for socializing, that most if not all at the table have their cell handy. Sociologically speaking, this demonstrates to those around you that they do not find you important enough to give you their full attention or that do not care enough about you to engage with you.

If I was this guy I would have probably excused myself and left or called it our last meeting. I would not have wasted my time filing a lawsuit.

Member #
    Liked
    3336 times
    Well I give him credit he got his money back and she'll think twice before texting at the movies again. To the folks who seem to always have "text emergencies" during an entire movie, I leave you with this from the guardians of the galaxy...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links