Drug labs
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree117Likes

Thread: Drug labs

Member #
    Liked
    969 times

Drug labs

Recently friends and family members have asked why after all these years did you decide to buy guns and take up shooting again. One reason is Here;
    Woman in 'serious' condition after meth operation ignites in Lake Geneva hotel | GazetteXtra

If you read to the bottom you will see that there have been 11 meth labs busted in the county in 2016 and one already this year. For me this is very close to home. Also last year there was a bust of a drug house that netted 30 arrests. In the house was found heroin, coke, pills and over 100 stolen guns.
    I am a Veteran, I am a Husband, Father, Grandfather, Great Grandfather.
    I was labeled a Deplorable, now I'm a Nationalist rather than a Globalist! As a USA Veteran I will proudly wear that to protect our Nation!

Join the fun!

Member #
    Liked
    2948 times
    Yep! Meth heads are the worst! Why? They often don't sleep for days at a time. Guess what they do with those extra hours...? It isn't good.

Stay safe & carry wherever you legally can.

Member #
    Liked
    2184 times
    We had a motel close here:

Methamphetamine shuts down another Oak Harbor business - seattlepi.com

and didn't reopen for years as the owners decontaminated the building room to room.

Ordinary citizens have no idea what goes on. Meth is a cancer that is eating our society inside out. I wish someone had an answer to it. Lock 'em up? Better start building more jails.
    Whatever adjective or verb comes to mind, I am...NotSo.

One of my goals in life is to shoot more people on purpose than I do by accident. So far, so good.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

JR
    Member #
    Liked
    8026 times
    Meth is one of those substances in the War on Drugs that never gets brought up by those who advocate legalizing drugs. It has no beneficial physical effects. Doesn't fight cancer, nor does it do anything but destroy those using it. To me, if we simply put them on an island with food and shelter, and periodically went in to pick up the bodies, it would be fine. However, we don't, and the meth-heads are among us. It's a source of violence, disease, and eventually death, that spills over into the innocent when their unstable minds cause them to act irrationally.
    tazelmo, jtg452, FreeInAZ and 3 others like this.
    "The past is another country, he did things differently there."

Member #
    Liked
    3629 times
    Quote Originally Posted by FreeInAZ View Post
    Yep! Meth heads are the worst! Why? They often don't sleep for days at a time. Guess what they do with those extra hours...? It isn't good.

Stay safe & carry wherever you legally can.
    Yeah, meth heads make me remember crack heads fondly. All the crack heads would do is try to sell you anything for a couple dollars so they could buy another rock.

Meth heads are more like heroin junkies and junkies would kill for their next fix.
    Student of the ancient Chinese art of Bang Pow.

Gun Shui adviser

"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant" (1933)

ETF
    Member #
    Liked
    1735 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jtg452 View Post
    Meth heads are more like heroin junkies and junkies would kill for their next fix.
    That's the reason I am always armed, in the house or out of the house.

I live out in the country in a rural East Texas county. The biggest town has less than 5K people. The county cops will tell you that their biggest problem is finding and shutting down meth labs set up in mobile homes situated 'way back in the woods. It's almost impossible.

Member #
    Liked
    7584 times
    Quote Originally Posted by kmw1954 View Post
    Recently friends and family members have asked why after all these years did you decide to buy guns and take up shooting again. One reason is Here;
    Woman in 'serious' condition after meth operation ignites in Lake Geneva hotel | GazetteXtra

If you read to the bottom you will see that there have been 11 meth labs busted in the county in 2016 and one already this year. For me this is very close to home. Also last year there was a bust of a drug house that netted 30 arrests. In the house was found heroin, coke, pills and over 100 stolen guns.
    I just read about that. We gave friends a gift certificate to that hotel. It is a really nice place.
    kmw1954 likes this.
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet

Member #
    Liked
    6114 times
    Quote Originally Posted by JR View Post
    Meth is one of those substances in the War on Drugs that never gets brought up by those who advocate legalizing drugs. It has no beneficial physical effects.
    The only two legitimate uses I am aware of for methamphetamine and has been prescribed for are weight loss and ADD.
    So what you end up with are very skinny people that can really pay attention................
    I HAVE MEPHOBIA:
    It is the fear of becoming so awesome that the
    human race can't handle it and everyone dies.

CWB
    Member #
    Iowa native now living in Missouri on the edge of the Ozarks
    Liked
    20453 times
    Quote Originally Posted by kmw1954 View Post

You must be close to Iowa. The last few years I lived there, I carried a pistol with me when I went mushroom hunting since I had walked in on three outdoor labs in one year. They like to use the back side of county parks where no one ever goes.Or they drive around with a microwave that runs off an inverter and cook it while they are on the move. Sometimes they'd use abandoned farm houses, then burn them down when they were done.

When I was fire chief, we'd take meth lab classes from the Iowa state bureau of investigation. They's showed us how to identify a lab during a fire call. Their attitude was that if we saw certain things, we were to back out, let the building burn, and they'd still be able to gather enough evidence to put someone away. I've fought fires in houses and on properties that were booby trapped with fishhooks suspended at eye level to hinder firefighters and police.

And Missouri isn't much better.
    Last edited by CWB; 01-10-2017 at 10:39 AM.
    μολὼν λαβέ

The safety is on the frame where God and John Moses Browning intended. - Unknown
    Federal HST, when you care enough to send the very best.

Member #
    Liked
    20101 times
    Quote Originally Posted by JR View Post
    Meth is one of those substances in the War on Drugs that never gets brought up by those who advocate legalizing drugs. It has no beneficial physical effects. Doesn't fight cancer, nor does it do anything but destroy those using it. To me, if we simply put them on an island with food and shelter, and periodically went in to pick up the bodies, it would be fine. However, we don't, and the meth-heads are among us. It's a source of violence, disease, and eventually death, that spills over into the innocent when their unstable minds cause them to act irrationally.
    Ok, I'll bring it up.

Part of the reason Meth is so deadly is the ease at which it can be made. Those making it likely did not pass high school chemistry class and the product they make varies significantly in strength as well as impurities.

If the drug was legal and regulated, the extremely dangerous impurities could be eliminated.

And, if drugs were legal and regulated in a manner such as alcohol, addicts could seek help without becoming a felon.

As it is now, not only does the addict risk getting a felony charge, anyone that seeks to help an addict runs the risk of getting criminal charges also.

If you seek to help an addict and they possess drugs in your vehicle or home, you could be charged and lose both.

I am not a fan of drug use but the war on drugs is a failure.

The money spent is astronomical and the results do not even make a dent in slowing drug usage.

Also, the war on drugs is a vicious circle with so much money involved that no matter how many are killed or incarcerated, more will follow.

Remember when we had prohibition and Al Capone was created? He used violence the same way drug dealers do now.

Al Capone could not become so rich if he would have faced the regulations of the legal alcohol market we have now.

I mean, why buy from him when you can get your bourbon at the CVS, legally!

Yes, there would be people hurt by legal drugs but that can be said for legal booze too.

The difference is that we can get Vinny the wino help without making him or his family members criminals.

The same cannot be said if he is using meth.

Sent from my LG-K425 using Tapatalk
    MOLON LABE

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links