Drug labs - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree117Likes

Thread: Drug labs

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    5728 times
    Legalize all the drugs you want and it won't change a thing.Then the addicts came blame everyone else for making it legal to access them.It won't help you get a job when employers increase the rate of drug testing to get and keep your job.The more things change the more they stay the same.
    "President Kennedy put a man on the moon. President Obama put a man in the ladies room".

1600 Pennsylvania Ave. is a sleeper cell...

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    19308 times
    Not "Legalization" which implies that you can obtain drugs through vending machines and pharmacies...think "De-Criminalization".

As stated, the addict receives their drug at a clinic and the only way it leaves the clinic is in the addict's body. Education and rehabilitation is also available there. They are registered with the clinic which carries with it the inability to get a job in an industry where we currently test for drug use. A kid couldn't just stop in to sample the drugs to see what they favor, unlike our current system of obtaining drugs on the ghetto street corner.

Insanity is keeping on doing what you are doing and expecting a different outcome.
    It is difficult to gain the truth from the media in this age. It is a huge puzzle with small pieces. In order to solve it, one must have perseverance, all of the pieces, imagination, time, and most of all...the desire to put the picture together. Our real trouble is that there are far too few people today with the desire to do this.

Member #
    Liked
    1845 times
    Quote Originally Posted by FreeInAZ View Post
    Yep! Meth heads are the worst! Why? They often don't sleep for days at a time. Guess what they do with those extra hours...? It isn't good.

Stay safe & carry wherever you legally can.
    I second that!
    FreeInAZ likes this.
    You can feed the problem or the solution.... Whichever you feed is the one that will grow...

Member #
    Liked
    19432 times
    What did our nation do with alcohol?

They knew it was not good for people but it is something a segment of society wants. A rather large segment.

When prohibition occurred, alcohol use did not slow down but merely went underground. Some experts say that usage went up as citizens did not like their government telling them what to do.

Also, criminal networks rose up to supply the demand.

Eventually, the people realized the folly of trying to ban a substance that a large number of people wanted and prohibition went away.

People were able to legally drink again.

All was good except not everyone was responsible and some would drink and drive causing mayhem.

Drinking and driving laws were toughened to combat the problem and although that helped, the real difference was when the push came to shame those that were irresponsible.

Now, only a true lunkhead gets caught drinking and driving and no one has any sympathy for them.

See, they are not punished for drinking, they are punished for the bad behavior that they do when drunk. In the example provided that would be driving but being drunk is not a defense for any crimes or bad behaviors anymore.

This allows adults to partake in having a drink without having to worry about going to jail. Well, unless they cannot control themselves.

Drug usage should be no different.

Citizens must have the freedom to make the choice.

As it is now, if one chooses to drink, they can do so without losing everything by being labeled a felon. They can seek help legally for alcoholism.

The same cannot be said for drugs.

Merely possessing them can land you in jail, even if you have committed no other crime.

Legalization and controlled sales, much like alcohol, would dry up the illicit market rather quickly.

A relevant example is a bootlegger here in a dry county of KY got no sympathy from the public for selling alcohol because everyone said that people can get booze in the next county if they wish and possessing it was not a crime in the dry county. He got no sympathy and was convicted.

Point is, if you can legally purchase your drug of choice, whether alcohol, pot, or speed, you will do so. You would not risk buying bourbon out of the back of a '76 Monte Carlo when you can get it at the liquor store and be sure it is what it says it is.

All of the money being spent now on chasing ghosts in an effort to curb drug use has been wasted as drug use remains about what it always is.

I say spend that money on promoting proper behavior and chastising those that misbehave. It sure worked with drunks and slowed their drinking and driving.

No one wants to get caught doing that.

Sent from my LG-K425 using Tapatalk
    RustyYoungMan and jimb1972 like this.
    MOLON LABE

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    19308 times
    Once the concept of de-criminalization has taken hold and alternatives are offered for the confirmed addict to get their maintenance fix then the drug manufacturer, transporter, and distributor begin to lose their market. Some of their best sellers on the street are users who now no longer need to perform that service to get their fix. Then investigation and serious prosecution of those purveyors of poison can begin to take place with serious prison sentences given, decades behind bars, to dry up the remainder of these monsters.

Petty theft will plummet, gun crimes with drop precipitously, and the streets will be safer. Additionally, treatment of overdoses will almost cease as they will be using under strict supervision.

I don't think that any national undertaking be done, but trials in cities or states to determine the efficacy of such a program could be accomplished although the importation of illegal drugs across boundaries would still take place.
    Last edited by Czechbikr; 01-11-2017 at 08:58 AM.
    It is difficult to gain the truth from the media in this age. It is a huge puzzle with small pieces. In order to solve it, one must have perseverance, all of the pieces, imagination, time, and most of all...the desire to put the picture together. Our real trouble is that there are far too few people today with the desire to do this.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    14518 times
    Drugs won't be legalized cause then we would have to lay off cops and close prisons. There's money to be made and control to be maintained.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    This world would be a much better place if people would mind their own business. -Me

Who needs the CIA when you have the KGB? - Donald Trump

Sand Lake - All of 'em

Member #
    Liked
    33580 times
    Quote Originally Posted by RScottie View Post
    Ok, I'll bring it up.

Part of the reason Meth is so deadly is the ease at which it can be made. Those making it likely did not pass high school chemistry class and the product they make varies significantly in strength as well as impurities.

If the drug was legal and regulated, the extremely dangerous impurities could be eliminated.

And, if drugs were legal and regulated in a manner such as alcohol, addicts could seek help without becoming a felon.

As it is now, not only does the addict risk getting a felony charge, anyone that seeks to help an addict runs the risk of getting criminal charges also.

If you seek to help an addict and they possess drugs in your vehicle or home, you could be charged and lose both.

I am not a fan of drug use but the war on drugs is a failure.

The money spent is astronomical and the results do not even make a dent in slowing drug usage.

Also, the war on drugs is a vicious circle with so much money involved that no matter how many are killed or incarcerated, more will follow.

Remember when we had prohibition and Al Capone was created? He used violence the same way drug dealers do now.

Al Capone could not become so rich if he would have faced the regulations of the legal alcohol market we have now.

I mean, why buy from him when you can get your bourbon at the CVS, legally!

Yes, there would be people hurt by legal drugs but that can be said for legal booze too.

The difference is that we can get Vinny the wino help without making him or his family members criminals.

The same cannot be said if he is using meth.

Sent from my LG-K425 using Tapatalk
    Well said Scottie. The story in the OP is a great example of the war on drugs being a failure.

If it was legal production facilities would be much safer for everyone when it comes to meth labs.
    "Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem" (I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery) Thomas Jefferson in a letter to James Madison

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

"If everyone is thinking alike then someone isn't thinking!" General Patton

"If we waited for Washington to tell us when to plant, we should soon want bread." Thomas Jefferson

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    14518 times
    Legalized would mean we could get real Coca Cola. The original formula. Lol

This world would be a much better place if people would mind their own business. -Me

Who needs the CIA when you have the KGB? - Donald Trump

Sand Lake - All of 'em

Member #
    Liked
    33580 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Cariwine View Post
    Legalized would mean we could get real Coca Cola. The original formula. Lol

I bet that would make a great Cuba Libre!
    Cariwine and FreeInAZ like this.
    "Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem" (I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery) Thomas Jefferson in a letter to James Madison

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

"If everyone is thinking alike then someone isn't thinking!" General Patton

"If we waited for Washington to tell us when to plant, we should soon want bread." Thomas Jefferson

JR
    Member #
    Liked
    7709 times
    I guess that idea is as good as any. I just doubt many of those addicts are going to use a clinic as you suggest. There, they are registered, monitored, and made to understand what they're doing.

Look at the problem with homeless people. Many of them refuse to go to shelters, or to even accept blankets, food, or other basics, even when it's brought to them. Does anyone think that drug addicts are going to be any more apt to accept "help" that they know comes with strings?

As well, what impetus does a young person, who has successfully attained a mild addiction, got to come into the light? The notoriety alone would be far more than they wish to live with.

Face it, most addicts aren't going to live, with many of these drugs, for decades. No matter how "pure" the controlled drugs could be. The mental changes, and physical debilitation caused by the substances will continue, ending with death.

Part of the issue is that forbidden fruit, and the designer drugs that skirt the illegal definition. De-criminalizing drugs would require a huge database, shared nationally, or even internationally in today's highly mobile world. It would also require medical information on patients, huge stocks of drugs, and a medical and legal support structure that would dwarf even the IRS. Who, may I ask, is going to pay for this?

While it's your choice to use drugs, why isn't it ours, the tax-payers, choice whether to fund first your habit, and, second, your rehabilitation and medical recovery?
    WoodyUSSLUCE likes this.
    "The past is another country, he did things differently there."

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links