Drug labs - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree117Likes

Thread: Drug labs

Member #
    Liked
    1081 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rhuber View Post
    I just read about that. We gave friends a gift certificate to that hotel. It is a really nice place.
    I know it, have been past it many times. This is the second lab they have busted in Lake Geneva over the past year. There was also one just busted in Genoa City.
    I am a Veteran, I am a Husband, Father, Grandfather, Great Grandfather.
    I was labeled a Deplorable, now I'm a Nationalist rather than a Globalist! As a USA Veteran I will proudly wear that to protect our Nation!

Join the fun!

Member #
    Liked
    3984 times
    This is a real problem with our society, I don't have any answer as to the solution. However it does remain as a real problem.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    5363 times
    Quote Originally Posted by garyh View Post
    This is a real problem with our society, I don't have any answer as to the solution. However it does remain as a real problem.
    And not necessarily in the parts of society you'd expect either. I know someone that lived in the best of places and got arrested for dealing meth and almost got shot in his garage because he hid under his truck with a rifle. I'd had enough dealings with this person to know something wasn't quite right, but that wasn't what I expected. It all made sense once I saw his mugshot on the news. His house has sold a couple times since then, I always wondered if it might have had problems associated with meth.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    1081 times
    Lake Geneva is almost the center of the quadrangle for Chicago, Milwaukee, Madison and Rockford Illinois. Easy access to all 4 cities yet out in the country.
    I am a Veteran, I am a Husband, Father, Grandfather, Great Grandfather.
    I was labeled a Deplorable, now I'm a Nationalist rather than a Globalist! As a USA Veteran I will proudly wear that to protect our Nation!

Join the fun!

Member #
    Liked
    7642 times
    Quote Originally Posted by kmw1954 View Post
    Lake Geneva is almost the center of the quadrangle for Chicago, Milwaukee, Madison and Rockford Illinois. Easy access to all 4 cities yet out in the country.
    Lake Geneva=Chicago north
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet

CWB
    Member #
    Iowa native now living in Missouri on the edge of the Ozarks
    Liked
    21288 times
    Quote Originally Posted by RScottie View Post
    Ok, I'll bring it up.

Part of the reason Meth is so deadly is the ease at which it can be made. Those making it likely did not pass high school chemistry class and the product they make varies significantly in strength as well as impurities.

If the drug was legal and regulated, the extremely dangerous impurities could be eliminated.

And, if drugs were legal and regulated in a manner such as alcohol, addicts could seek help without becoming a felon.

As it is now, not only does the addict risk getting a felony charge, anyone that seeks to help an addict runs the risk of getting criminal charges also.

If you seek to help an addict and they possess drugs in your vehicle or home, you could be charged and lose both.

I am not a fan of drug use but the war on drugs is a failure.

The money spent is astronomical and the results do not even make a dent in slowing drug usage.

Also, the war on drugs is a vicious circle with so much money involved that no matter how many are killed or incarcerated, more will follow.

Remember when we had prohibition and Al Capone was created? He used violence the same way drug dealers do now.

Al Capone could not become so rich if he would have faced the regulations of the legal alcohol market we have now.

I mean, why buy from him when you can get your bourbon at the CVS, legally!

Yes, there would be people hurt by legal drugs but that can be said for legal booze too.

The difference is that we can get Vinny the wino help without making him or his family members criminals.

The same cannot be said if he is using meth.

Sent from my LG-K425 using Tapatalk

Yes indeed, all we need to do to make America great again is legalize everything that some halfwit wants to snort or shoot up. A vending machine with pre-filled syringes of crystal meth, PCP, crack cocaine, amphetamines, benzodiazepines, barbiturates, methadone, and heroin on every street corner would be a blessing that we can only hope for. Make it pure and make it strong.

BTW, Capone made an estimated $60,000,000 off of liquor and $45,000,000 off of illegal gambling, prostitution, and other illegal activities. So even without prohibition, he would have still been one of the richest criminals in the country.

And, as a political side note, JFK's father couldn't have become so rich if he would have had to follow liquor laws.
    Last edited by CWB; 01-10-2017 at 03:31 PM.
    μολὼν λαβέ

The safety is on the frame where God and John Moses Browning intended. - Unknown
    Federal HST, when you care enough to send the very best.

Member #
    Liked
    2224 times
    Quote Originally Posted by RScottie View Post
    Ok, I'll bring it up.

I am not a fan of drug use but the war on drugs is a failure.

The money spent is astronomical and the results do not even make a dent in slowing drug usage.

Also, the war on drugs is a vicious circle with so much money involved that no matter how many are killed or incarcerated, more will follow.

The war on drugs is over, drugs won. I hate that it is so, but as long as there is demand, there will be supply. It is the illegality of the supply side that contributes to so much vice associated with the illegal drugs. Another good point comparing the situation with alcohol, was that after prohibition was ended, the various anti-alcohol groups collapsed as well. Their true financial support was revealed as the bootleggers supplying the booze!!! The bootleggers supported the anti groups because with booze illegal, there was much more money to be made.

There is generally a modest amount of money to be made off of legal products because of competition and the invisible hand of the marketplace. This applies to booze, ex-illegal drugs (pot will not make very many people wealthy, the state, however, will cash in), gambling, as well as food, milk, soft drinks etc. etc. The big coin comes from the illegality of the vice, not the vice itself.
    http://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/si...gpic4401_1.gif
    "Humans more important than hardware."

Member #
    Liked
    20462 times
    Quote Originally Posted by CWB View Post
    Yes indeed, all we need to do to make America great again is legalize everything that some halfwit wants to snort or shoot up. A vending machine with pre-filled syringes of crystal meth, PCP, crack cocaine, amphetamines, benzodiazepines, barbiturates, methadone, and heroin on every street corner would be a blessing that we can only hope for. Make it pure and make it strong.

BTW, Capone made an estimated $60,000,000 off of liquor and $45,000,000 off of illegal gambling, prostitution, and other illegal activities. So even without prohibition, he would have still been one of the richest criminals in the country.

And, as a political side note, JFK's father couldn't have become so rich if he would have had to follow liquor laws.
    I think your hyperbole is a little out of touch with reality.

Reminds me of the "blood in the streets" comments made by the anti's in regards to must issue c.c. permits.

Whether we like it or not, drugs have been around since the beginning of time and people have sought them out.

And, all attempts to stop those that wish to do drugs have done nothing to stop them. What those attempts have done is create a whole criminal underworld to supply the demand.

Legalization and regulation of drugs would shut that underworld down, free up money spent chasing one pop up drug dealer after another and actually raise tax revenue that could be used for treating those that are addicted.

Of course our government does not wish to give up the power they get to trample our liberties in the name of this drug war, so that is where the resistance is.

And, sadly, there are well meaning people that do not understand that the drug war is actually fueling the drug epidemic.

MOLON LABE

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    21202 times
    There is the aspect of the "forbidden fruit" that makes it more attractive for young people to sample. One who has never been addicted to anything has -0- concept what it is all about (personal experience here). Once past the point of no return, it is so difficult to do so that many will die as addicts. Know any cigarette smokers? Dippers?

The concept of legalization does not carry with it the promise of free vending machines on the street corner with fixes all lined up to drop. I could mean that an addict who is registered as such can walk into a medical facility and get what they need to use there, not for carry out....along with counseling and other health services. It will not IMO encourage people to try it any more than having your pusher who supplies your grass urging their customer to put some crystal meth up their nose.

Like smoking and other tobacco use or alcohol abuse, it's a health problem. We have been successful in reducing those issues, why not try something different with drugs? What we do isn't working and we could use the prison space for people who commit crimes with firearms.
    A good sign with a gun never stopped a bad guy with a gun.

JR
    Member #
    Liked
    8254 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Czechbikr View Post
    There is the aspect of the "forbidden fruit" that makes it more attractive for young people to sample. One who has never been addicted to anything has -0- concept what it is all about (personal experience here). Once past the point of no return, it is so difficult to do so that many will die as addicts. Know any cigarette smokers? Dippers?

The concept of legalization does not carry with it the promise of free vending machines on the street corner with fixes all lined up to drop. I could mean that an addict who is registered as such can walk into a medical facility and get what they need to use there, not for carry out....along with counseling and other health services. It will not IMO encourage people to try it any more than having your pusher who supplies your grass urging their customer to put some crystal meth up their nose.

Like smoking and other tobacco use or alcohol abuse, it's a health problem. We have been successful in reducing those issues, why not try something different with drugs? What we do isn't working and we could use the prison space for people who commit crimes with firearms.
    What, exactly, is the upshot of legalizing something that is multiple times as addictive as that demon alcohol that the no-banners keep pointing out? What logic does that present? Oh, this is bad, yet we allow it. So, this is far worse, we HAVE to allow it, as well? Look at cigarettes, they're all but banned. Prices have been steadily rising, age for purchase has also, we've spent trillions on education, and limit places where they can be used. Sort of just like the war on drugs that some hate so much. Yet, do those cigarettes affect the cognitive abilities of the users to drive or operate machinery? Does a nicotine addict resort to violence to get their fix? We complain about the cost of cigarettes in health care as a reason for reducing their use. Yet, we're advocating free treatment, and supplies, of drugs for those addicted to them? We already bear the burden of the destructive properties of pharmaceutical grade drugs through the illegal use of pain-killers, and other prescription drugs. How would this supposed legalization do anything but increase the costs, both monetarily, as well as in human costs?

Do I think that drugs should be as tightly controlled as they are through the patchwork of laws, regulations, and restrictions we have today? No, I don't. One-size-fits-none political rulings never work. Look at Prohibition. Yet, the idea that everyone who needs to use drugs will happily identify themselves to authorities is kind of silly. Part of the drive fueling illegal drugs is their anonymity. The CEO who has a little addiction/yearning for drugs isn't about to identify themselves to get them, even if they're free. The soccer-mom who has a problem with pain-killers won't be walking into that clinic, and registering, either. They'll still be using drugs that come from "other sources".

There's another issue with legalizing drugs, as well. Currently, people applying for positions sensitive to the safety and security of others are dis-qualified over drug use. If drugs are legalized, then that disqualification loses much of it's purpose under law. Face it, most people actually care if what they do is legal. How 'secure" do you think privileged communications, intelligence reports, etc. can be if the drug of choice makes us happy, relaxed, and even eager to just talk? Our agencies already keep close tabs on those who use alcohol, care to add drugs to the mix? Today, use of illegal drugs ca cost you a job. Make them legal, and that that goes away. While removing the social stigma of addiction can be touted as redeeming, it isn't going to do anything about the damage that use causes to others.

As soon as we start on the legalization trail, it will quickly resemble the banning trail, with politicians posturing and posing as champions of the downtrodden, and passing laws that, in reality, do nothing but cause ever more issues. We see it in gun control, in environmental controls, in education, and myriad other facets of our lives.

As well, do we really want Big Pharma to have yet another stream of revenue for them to manipulate? How long do you think it will take before even drugs like these are ever more expensive, chasing their production back to trailers hidden in the woods, or on the backs of illegals crossing the borders?

It's not truly a question of legalize or not. It's more fundamental. If we legalize drugs, do we simply allow people to use them as they wish? It's their choice. However, with choice comes responsibility. Should we, then, simply refuse to use public funds to treat them when the inevitability of their choice leads to physical impairment ? For alcohol, as well. Nowhere in our Constitution does it actually say that government has to accept the responsibility for an individual's destructive impulses.

Too many facets for a simple solution.
    "The past is another country, he did things differently there."

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links