Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree128Likes

Thread: Star Wars

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    14839 times

Star Wars

So the daughter has been asking about Star Wars so I get the first 6 movies. I figure they are culturally important. She's loving it. But she looks at me and says, "This is for kids." She nailed it right on the head. I just can't get into it. I'm just not 12 anymore. And these first 3 are booooooooring. I haven't seen 4-6 in 20 years. I wonder if they will be boring too.

And Sam Jackson is horrible when he doesn't ham it up.
    This world would be a much better place if people would mind their own business. -Me

Who needs the CIA when you have the KGB? - Donald Trump

Sand Lake - All of 'em

Member #
    Liked
    9186 times
    I refuse to acknowledge the first 3, they are like indiana jones 4, never should have been made, and prove beyond any doubt that george lucas should never be allowed anywhere even in the same state as a directors chair.

however the force awakens and rouge one are pretty good, force awakens is pretty much just a rehash of a new hope, rouge one is something totally new, and personally i think it was among the best, if not the best, of the movies. Also shows what happens when you remove lucas entirely from everything, you get a good movie.
    "Let's get on our knees and pray. I don't know to whom. Is there a patron saint of ballistics?"-Adam Savage
    Its never wrong, it just hasn't been fixed right yet. -TSH

If Guns Kill People. I guess Pencils misspell words, Cars drive drunk & Spoons make people fat.....

Member #
    Liked
    6525 times
    My daughter says she should watch them in the order they were released.
    Sekol likes this.
    I can smell a commie a mile away; they didn't fool me then and they damn sure don't fool me now!ooooLeejack

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    5878 times
    Uh............they are movies.
    If you are expecting some monumental life changing experience where the universe all makes sense
    I would expect you could find that reading the nutritional benefits on a sack of Alpo dog food would be more invigorating.
    They make movies for one reason: to make money.
    The fact that every once in a while they make a good movie is purely accidental.
    People will watch an MMA bout. I don't think an intricate plot with a good story line is a prerequisite.
    I HAVE MEPHOBIA:
    It is the fear of becoming so awesome that the
    human race can't handle it and everyone dies.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    14839 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacher39 View Post
    If you are expecting some monumental life changing experience where the universe all makes sense
    I would expect you could find that reading the nutritional benefits on a sack of Alpo dog food would be more invigorating.
    The fact that every once in a while they make a good movie is purely accidental.
    People will watch an MMA bout. I don't think an intricate plot with a good story line is a prerequisite.
    I expect them to not be boring. The fighting is pretty good.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    This world would be a much better place if people would mind their own business. -Me

Sand Lake - All of 'em

Member #
    Liked
    7780 times
    I just hope, on behalf of geeks, everywhere - she is watching them in the right order. IV, V, VI and then I, II, III. Please.

May The Force Be With You.
    A government that robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul - G.B. Shaw

Member #
    Liked
    7780 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacher39 View Post
    Get outta here.

Maybe you should go shovel, now that mowing season is over.

#StarWars
    A government that robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul - G.B. Shaw

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    14839 times
    Quote Originally Posted by shiftace View Post
    I just hope, on behalf of geeks, everywhere - she is watching them in the right order. IV, V, VI and then I, II, III. Please.

May The Force Be With You.
    Chronological heresy. I'm thinking about witholding 4-6 until I can buy Rogue One in April.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    TexasAviator likes this.

Sand Lake - All of 'em

Member #
    Liked
    12296 times
    I'm of a different mindset. Had I never seen them, I'd watch them in chronological order: I, II, III, Rogue One, IV, V, VI, and VII (The Force Awakens). This, with the prior understanding of when they were actually produced, so as to understand the differences in special effects between the subsets.

But hey, that's just me. When I read Isaac Asimov's Foundation series, and the Lord of the Rings Trilogy (putting The Hobbit before any of that trilogy), I could never conceive of reading them out of order. Just my humble opinion; your mileage may vary.
    Duct tape. Ah, the possibilities!

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    21611 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 53rdcard View Post
    I refuse to acknowledge the first 3, they are like indiana jones 4, never should have been made, and prove beyond any doubt that george lucas should never be allowed anywhere even in the same state as a directors chair.

however the force awakens and rouge one are pretty good, force awakens is pretty much just a rehash of a new hope, rouge one is something totally new, and personally i think it was among the best, if not the best, of the movies. Also shows what happens when you remove lucas entirely from everything, you get a good movie.

Man, I don't get that, but to each his own. To me, without the first 3 movies, you don' even have a franchise. And Empire was the highest grossing movie of all time, for awhile if it's not still.

Lucas himself said that he modeled these movies after the old 40's and 50's afternoon cinemas, mainly geared toward kids but something adults could enjoy as well. Notice that you don't see much in the way of blood in any of the first 6 movies.....that is no accident.

I'll never forget being about 14 and seeing that first Star Wars movie, in the theater, I couldn't keep my eyes off the screen. It was unlike anything I'd ever seen before that.
    You all may go to hell, and I will go to Texas - Davy Crockett

"Say When." - Doc Holliday

When Leonidas was preparing to make his stand, a Persian envoy arrived. The envoy explained to Leonidas the futility of trying to resist the advance of the huge Persian army and demanded that the Spartans lay down their arms. Leonidas told Xerxes "MOLON LABE", or "Come And Get Them."

NRA member and proud Texas LTC holder

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links