Star Wars - Page 6
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Like Tree128Likes

Thread: Star Wars

Member #
    Liked
    17472 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 53rdcard View Post
    I think that one of the things i hated most about the prequel triolgy, beyond of course, the terrible dialog that made even good actors and actresses seem worse then b movie and scifi channel movie actors and actresses, the weak plot that felt shoe horned in, at the best of times, jar jar, anakin in every form, and the overhype.

Was that they took darth vader, a villain from my childhood who was pretty much the top contender for most bad @$$ villain ever, and made him a whiny little nancy boy, pretty much taking every element of threat from that villain, now and forever. He went from being just a great villain, to someone who is vastly overcompensating to make themselves seem far more bad then they really are, and you just know inside that helmet, he is crying all the time and throwing tantrums.

About the only thing i think is worse then vader is, the "new" vader from force awakens, darth emo was pretty much as pathetic as anakin. And such a incredibly lame character had no business killing who he did in that movie.
    LoL I'm so glad I'm not the only one who thought "well, crap, so much for Vader being scary anymore" after watching the prequels. I kept waiting for that sweet little kid to turn into a raging sociopath...and all he did was turn into a whiny, stupidly lovesick, little boy.

And I won't even go into what was wrong/irritating with the regurgitated mess called "The Force Awakens", that list would probably end up being longer than the script for the movie was.

Haven't seen Rogue One yet, hoping to catch it in the theater since most of the people who disliked TFA or the prequels have really enjoyed R1.
    Drewski and 53rdcard like this.

Ok guys, very funny, bring back the Constitution now...

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." -- Thomas Edison

"Ignorance and arrogance are a lethal combination. Nowhere do we see that more clearly among writers and performers who pontificate as historians when they know nothing about history." -- Victor Davis Hanson

"It's your life, rise up and live it" -- Terry Goodkind

Member #
    Liked
    33582 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
    They all get my money.
    Same here, I am a general Sci-fi nerd! : D
    Wolf1477 and Zen Ape like this.
    "Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem" (I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery) Thomas Jefferson in a letter to James Madison

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

"If everyone is thinking alike then someone isn't thinking!" General Patton

"If we waited for Washington to tell us when to plant, we should soon want bread." Thomas Jefferson

Member #
    Liked
    4964 times
    Name:  nerds.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  128.3 KB
    America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves. Abraham Lincoln
    I have certain rules I live by. My first rule: I don't believe anything the government tells me. Nothing. Zero. George Carlin
    A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself. Josh Billings
    To conquer a nation, first disarm it's citizens. Adolf Hitler
    I like my whisky old and my women young. Errol Flynn

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    21285 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ELW00D View Post
    Name:  nerds.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  128.3 KB

With guns.
    You all may go to hell, and I will go to Texas - Davy Crockett

"Say When." - Doc Holliday

When Leonidas was preparing to make his stand, a Persian envoy arrived. The envoy explained to Leonidas the futility of trying to resist the advance of the huge Persian army and demanded that the Spartans lay down their arms. Leonidas told Xerxes "MOLON LABE", or "Come And Get Them."

NRA member and proud Texas LTC holder

Supporting Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    9334 times
    Quote Originally Posted by texastaurusguy View Post
    With guns.
    So control thy unnerdly self

I refuse to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death!

I shoot to support my reloading habit

Until HE comes, or calls me home, here by the power of Christ, I'll stand.
    OBAMA
    Sand Lake & Rapid City 15, 16 and Lubbock 15

Member #
    Liked
    724 times
    A question for anyone who has seen Rogue one in 3D at the theaters. Is the 3D really worth it for this particular movie?

Member #
    Liked
    17472 times
    Quote Originally Posted by pegasus View Post
    A question for anyone who has seen Rogue one in 3D at the theaters. Is the 3D really worth it for this particular movie?
    Not to me, but, I've only got one eye so any 3D movie ain't worth my money

Ok guys, very funny, bring back the Constitution now...

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." -- Thomas Edison

"Ignorance and arrogance are a lethal combination. Nowhere do we see that more clearly among writers and performers who pontificate as historians when they know nothing about history." -- Victor Davis Hanson

"It's your life, rise up and live it" -- Terry Goodkind

Member #
    Liked
    9556 times
    3D movies give me a headache and make my stomach queasy...3D screen "rides" at theme parks make me want to puke in the first 30 seconds (I have no problem with regular rides). 2D movies have the same depth perception as real life, which is good enough for me, and I rarely leave the theater wanting to hurl...unless it's a Baldwin brothers movie.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    14520 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf1477 View Post
    Not to me, but, I've only got one eye so any 3D movie ain't worth my money
    You ought to sue Hollywood under the ADA. Kaching! Lol

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    This world would be a much better place if people would mind their own business. -Me

Who needs the CIA when you have the KGB? - Donald Trump

Sand Lake - All of 'em

Member #
    Liked
    36122 times
    Good question? I was thinking of taking the kids to see it this weekend and only the more expensive theaters are still showing it in 3D. So now is it worth and extra $7 per ticket to see it in 3D?
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

The 2nd amendment is not about hunting or shooting sports, it is about the citizens of this country having the means to protect themselves and the states from the tyranny, oppression, and misery of an over powering government. Modern rifles are a means for the citizens to stand up to an over powering government.

Taurusarmed.net Where are you map?

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Sponsored Links