To honk, or not to honk?
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree101Likes

Thread: To honk, or not to honk?

Member #
    Liked
    4984 times

To honk, or not to honk?

A good friend of mine was almost involved in a road rage incident recently. The other driver attempted to escalate the situation, but my friend kept his cool and fortunately didn't have to use his carry weapon. My question is, do you honk at other drivers when they screw up, or just let it be? I choose not to honk, but that's just me.
    silverstring and leejack like this.
    I'll give you to the count of three to get off my property...one, two, BANG!

Member #
    Liked
    2404 times
    Name:  I am reloading.png
Views: 160
Size:  5.8 KB
    CWB, switchbow and WoodyUSSLUCE like this.
    http://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/si...gpic4401_1.gif
    "Humans more important than hardware."

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    4424 times
    Depends. If I have to alert them to keep from hitting me I will honk. If I can avoid them safely I will usually ignore. I never honk in anger.
    Owner Taurus PT740 Slim
    Kimber Compact Stainless II
    SW BodyGuard .380
    Windham Weaponry AR-15 SRC
    Mosin Negant
    Florida CWP
    GOA Member
    Florida Carry Member
    New NRA Life Member

"...the opinion which gives to the judges the right to decide what laws are constitutional and what not, not only for themselves in their own sphere of action but for the Legislature and Executive also in their spheres, would make the Judiciary a despotic branch."
    -- Thomas Jefferson

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    1161 times
    I believe the horn is there for a reason, therefore I use it when I deem necessary.

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk
    PT111 G2
    PT92 AFS

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    6954 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jseymour View Post
    Depends. If I have to alert them to keep from hitting me I will honk. If I can avoid them safely I will usually ignore. I never honk in anger.
    What jseymour said...
    jseymour likes this.
    "The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails." - William Arthur Ward
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." - Alexis de Tocqueville
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity." - Robert J. Hanlon
    Nemo me impune lacessit
    ​ No one provokes me with impunity
    NRA Member
    Florida Concealed Carry Permit

Member #
    Liked
    6893 times
    If it will avoid an accident, I'll use the horn. If the driver just does something ignorant, I let it go. First of all, the vast majority of people didn't get up in the morning, look in the mirror and tell themselves that they plan to find a driver and cut him/her off or purposely screw up another drivers day. Second, I'd just as soon not get into an altercation just because someone else made a mistake. Third, I do dumb stuff on occasion and would like a little slack. It's not worth an ulcer worrying about "getting even" with someone who does something dumb.
    Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
    I love my country, but I fear my government.
    "The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil, but by those who watch them without doing anything.” Albert Einstein

Member #
    Liked
    891 times
    This is what I do as well with an exception. The idiot drivers get the finger. The sad thing is that here where I live, it seems the idiot drivers a quickly starting to outnumber the good drivers.
    jseymour and WoodyUSSLUCE like this.
    "Well, the devil made me do it the first time, the second time I done it on my own." - Billy Joe Shaver

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    11244 times
    I have, but usually I'm not reaching for the horn. I'm putting both hands on the wheel to try and maneuver away from the accident. I'm on the road all day for my job, and I'd constantly have my hand on the horn, if I used it to express my displeasure at people cutting me off, driving 20 MPH slower than the speed limit, weaving in and out of traffic, stopping on the freeway, etcetcetcetc. There are so many "out of staters" in Texas now, that they don't realize that over 60% of cars on Texas roads have guns in them. It's a credit to our restraint that more people aren't shot while driving.
    Children, pets, and slaves get taken care of. Free Men take care of themselves.

When Democracy turns to Tyranny

I still plan to vote.

CWB
    Member #
    Iowa native now living in Missouri on the edge of the Ozarks
    Liked
    22349 times
    I genmerally only honk for two reasons. First, to warn someone they are where they shouldn't be and are in danger of causing an accident. The other time I honk is when I go by some idiot who is texting, and I do that to scare the crap out of them if I can. And woe be unto anyone who tries to bring his road rage into my vehicle.
    μολὼν λαβέ

The safety is on the frame where God and John Moses Browning intended. - Unknown
    Federal HST, when you care enough to send the very best.

Member #
    Liked
    13069 times
    I strive for this, also, especially when driving an 18 wheeler. When I do use a horn, I try and use the steering wheel-mounted Casper Milquetoast electric tooter. The blaring air horn Kenworth included has frightened too many people in the past, some of them elderly drivers, and I don't want to be the cause of their heart attack or stroke.
    Panda, jseymour, jtg452 and 2 others like this.
    One should not carry a firearm that works well when everything goes right, but, rather one that will carry the day when everything goes wrong.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links