Texas LEO Refused Service at Wendy's!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: Texas LEO Refused Service at Wendy's!

Member #
    Liked
    23105 times

Texas LEO Refused Service at Wendy's!

A Texas cop says he was refused service at a Wendy's restaurant because he was in uniform.

The Fort Worth Police Department patrol supervisor said he entered the location at Trail Lake Drive at about 6 p.m., at which point he said the employees turned their backs and walked away, according to police spokesman Sgt. Marc Povero.

Are these the Whaddaburger employees re-employed or just more stoopid folks kissing their job goodbye?!?!

https://www.yahoo.com/news/uniformed...src=daily_mail <<STORY
    darbo, 45 Forever, NotSo and 1 others like this.
    If we choose, we can live in a world of comforting illusion.
    .................................................. ...........................................
    Noam Chomsky

Member #
    Liked
    13202 times
    Once again there just isn't anything I can say that would be considered civil.
    Last edited by darbo; 01-07-2017 at 03:18 PM. Reason: typo
    mingaa and CWB like this.

Member #
    Liked
    941 times
    Management won't have the cojones to fire 'em, nor will regional fire the management.
    Only a truly primitive society blames inanimate objects for the actions of its citizens.

" A man who is good enough to shed his blood for his country is good enough to be given a square deal afterwards. More than that no man is entitled to, and less than that no man shall have." - Theodore Roosevelt

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    1740 times
    If you can't do your flippin' job as is stated in your job description, then seek employment elsewhere.

You're on the clock, you represent your employer. Be a Social Justice Warrior on your own damned time.
    TA's Resident Curmudgeon...

Member #
    Liked
    3572 times
    I don't see this turning out like these folks would like. Their replacements will understand not to act like that.

The definition of "they" is the question.

I figure it's gonna vary from the people immediately involved including the Manager on Duty at a minimum up to the whole franchise- if it's a franchisee store. If I was the store manager, no matter whether it was a franchise or corporate store, I wouldn't be real comfortable about my chances of keeping my job very long either.

Wanna bet whether or not there's a clause about actions 'detrimental to the brand' someplace in the franchise agreement? If it's a franchise store, Wendy's Inc isn't going to let this slide. The guy with the franchise is gonna need to prove to Wendy's he's got it under control and is acting proactively. If he doesn't, then he's facing the possibility of being found in violation of the contract and losing the right to run Wendy's at all. If that happens, Wendy's will come in and remove anything proprietary from operations manuals and signs to kitchen equipment. He owns the buildings and has paid for the proprietary stuff, but part of the franchise agreement will have this covered. In situations like this, Wendy's can and will just show up, take it back and send him a reimbursement check.

If it's a corporate store, you can figure that it would be the same as a minimum (those in the store at the time are all gone) with the next level being a complete replacement of the whole location's management.

If they think it's necessary (investigation shows that the problem isn't isolated to a small group or even a shift), then they will fire everybody in the location and just restaff from scratch like it's a new store opening. Normally, you'd bring in people pulled from other stores and the transition would be seamless but, in this case, I'd shut the place down for a day or two to show the local community what's going on before bringing in the temp crew and restaffing.

If they are really mad over it or they think that the issue goes even higher, it could go all the way up to the regional/divisional management.
    Student of the ancient Chinese art of Bang Pow.

Gun Shui adviser

"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant" (1933)

Member #
    Liked
    23105 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TaurusPT140 View Post
    Management won't have the cojones to fire 'em, nor will regional fire the management.
    IMHO -
    Jtg452 has a firm grip on the way these issues work and the Whataburger employee I referred to IS out on his butt.
    RustyYoungMan, jtg452 and Panda like this.
    If we choose, we can live in a world of comforting illusion.
    .................................................. ...........................................
    Noam Chomsky

Member #
    Liked
    4284 times
    Unbelievable! I probably shouldn't say any more...
    CWB likes this.
    I'll give you to the count of three to get off my property...one, two, BANG!

Member #
    Liked
    804 times
    Why in the heck was he trying to eat at a Wendy's?

Member #
    Liked
    16177 times
    So when Wendy's gets robbed or hostages taken, do they expect the police to show up and give a dam?

Karma can be a bitch so I hear!!!
    loudviking, darbo, NotSo and 2 others like this.
    In an effort to remain Politically, Socially and Humanly Correct: Please take everything I say with a grain of salt, understanding that I mean to NOT offend any individual, group, sect, affiliation, real or fictitious in nature.

Member #
    Liked
    1461 times
    Quote Originally Posted by paulky_2000 View Post
    Why in the heck was he trying to eat at a Wendy's?
    Maybe he wanted some home-style fast food instead of the usual doughnuts.

In all seriousness, if he was walking in with the intent of being a paying customer, why shouldn't he be able to choose where to eat?
    TrucksNCoffee and FreeInAZ like this.
    I carry to defend my loved ones; Desensitizing and educating are secondary & tertiary reasons. Anything else is unintended.

“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” - Frederic Bastiat

"When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle." - Edmund Burke

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links