Ft Lauderdale Airport Shooting - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Like Tree78Likes

Thread: Ft Lauderdale Airport Shooting

Member #
    Liked
    2768 times
    So far this 'appears' to be a epic failure of our VA/mental health systems. Of course the media & antis will spin this, as it fits nicely with their agenda.

Instead of this headline "a mentally unstable man who had been hearing voices telling him to do terrorist attacks, who had tried to turn himself in to the F.B.I. earlier, went on a rampage at a airport..."

^ The above truths would never make the lame stream media.

This is why I am always armed when I pickup folks from the Airport. I know it will take time for police to get on site should something go terribly wrong. Hell, even this nut knew that! But most U.S. citizens live in a world of fantasy, apparently?
    jseymour and WoodyUSSLUCE like this.

Member #
    Liked
    736 times
    Quote Originally Posted by JR View Post
    If that is true, how did he get into the military? Or, more correctly, the National Guard, where, according to the story, he was forced out for poor performance. If that were similarly true, why didn't they take his ID card? Too many loose ends in these stories to give them much heed as to the particulars. He killed five, and shot eight more, going through three "clips" (media description, not anyone with intelligence). There was also mention made of 15 round capacity. That's 45 rounds, at close range, with only 13 total hit, and five killed. Perhaps we should re-think the FBI's assertions about the 9mm?

I will be good to wait and see what this comes out to be.
    If you look at the pics of the shooters handgun on the floor it appears to be a Walther PPS with a 7 round magazine. I read somewhere a 9mm bullet was recovered from a damaged macbook.
    WoodyUSSLUCE likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    3526 times
    A real shame.

Member #
    Liked
    27850 times
    I'm thinking the MSM is saying this guy is a loon because they're trying to hide the fact that he converted to Islam years ago. In 2007 he had a MySpace account with a Muslim name, singing songs about Allah. His MySpace page lists his brother as a connection.
    This was before he deployed to the Middle East.
    I'm going to call it now, it was a Terrorist Attack.

BREAKING: #FortLauderdale Terrorist #EstebanSantiago Joined MySpace As "Aashiq Hammad", Recorded Islamic Music - GotNews
    RScottie and WoodyUSSLUCE like this.
    The Constitution was written to constrain the government.
    It's now used to constrain the people.

Speak the Truth, even if it causes your voice to shake.

Member #
    Liked
    19482 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rollin thunder View Post
    I'm thinking the MSM is saying this guy is a loon because they're trying to hide the fact that he converted to Islam years ago. In 2007 he had a MySpace account with a Muslim name, singing songs about Allah. His MySpace page lists his brother as a connection.
    This was before he deployed to the Middle East.
    I'm going to call it now, it was a Terrorist Attack.

BREAKING: #FortLauderdale Terrorist #EstebanSantiago Joined MySpace As "Aashiq Hammad", Recorded Islamic Music - GotNews
    They will go through contortions trying to deny this had anything to do with that.

Sent from my LG-K425 using Tapatalk
    WoodyUSSLUCE likes this.

MOLON LABE

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    2981 times
    It appears from reports that law enforcement had the very gun used in this incident in custody but gave it back after concluding their investigation. Perhaps when some yahoo mentions that he is being influenced by ISIS, perhaps, just perhaps, it should be taken seriously.
    Just heard on Fox News that he just got the gun back before the attack.
    Last edited by jseymour; 01-08-2017 at 06:08 AM.
    WoodyUSSLUCE likes this.
    Owner Taurus PT740 Slim
    Kimber Compact Stainless II
    SW BodyGuard .380
    Windham Weaponry AR-15 SRC
    Mosin Negant
    Pre-serial Springfield Model 87A
    Florida CWP
    GOA Member
    Florida Carry Member
    New NRA Life Member

“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
    ― Thomas Jefferson

JR
    Member #
    Liked
    7722 times
    If you look at the pics of the shooters handgun on the floor it appears to be a Walther PPS with a 7 round magazine. I read somewhere a 9mm bullet was recovered from a damaged macbook.
    Actually, I thought it looked like a S&W M&P. One of the interviews on CBS Friday, with the Broward County Sheriff's Office stated that he had "two, additional" 15 round clips". There have been several pics of the Macbook that deflected a 9mm away from the back of an intended target. Not even a "Toughbook".

Pay close attention to the actual sequence. The man went to the FBI in Achorage, Alaska more than a month ago. At that point, he had a "loaded magazine" in his pocket, and the gun locked up in his vehicle. 100% legal in Alaska. The FBI kept his weapon, voluntarily surrendered, and he was admitted into a mental health facility. The facility found him to be no danger to himself or others. As such, the FBI, under law, had to return his weapon. Over a month later, he legally checked his gun to fly from Alaska to wherever. Still perfectly legal. When he reached his final destination, Ft. Lauderdale, he retrieved his legally stored handgun, went into a restroom, broke Florida law by loading it there, and started shooting people.

These aren't the actions of a mentally-unstable person. Instead, they seem to be the actions of a person planning a crime, but laying the back-ground for a viable defense. What, exactly, would prompt a mentally unstable person to travel that distance, then shoot people, drop his weapon, and lay down on the floor in surrender? Prior to the arrival of the first officer?

As I mentioned before. One of Mao's tenants of successful guerilla warfare is to force the government to remove freedoms from the populace, by the government. We're already hearing more and more from the "government", through elected idiots, about banning firearms, even in checked luggage that travels in cargo, from all flights. The media is trumpeting the need for "more security" in our air-ports, as well. Like in Europe, with sub-machinegun toting pairs of roving patrols. Americans are already waiting hours before their flights for "security" reasons. Video surveillance is also almost 100% in many places. Yet, humans are clever little beasts. Anything you can do, they can eventually circumvent.

Perhaps, in the future, a person flying with ONLY a gun as luggage, might attract a little of that pervasive security's attention?
    "The past is another country, he did things differently there."

Member #
    Liked
    27850 times
    JR, you are absolutely correct, sir!

Once again for the folks who may not have caught it the first time around, all this guy had in his checked luggage was his weapon, ammo and magazines.

He flew from Alaska to Florida with no change of clothes whatsoever. Not a toothbrush.....nothing, zilch, nada.
    The Constitution was written to constrain the government.
    It's now used to constrain the people.

Speak the Truth, even if it causes your voice to shake.

Member #
    Liked
    655 times
    Bring back the firing squad use it within 30 days, and a lot of this will end!

It's a good thing that Hillary didn't get elected, it would be much worse.

Member #
    Liked
    778 times
    I don't think that FL allows Concealed, or open, carry in the unsecured areas of airports. Georgia, on the other hand, does. And, had this happened in GA, there might have been a few good guys with guns to minimize the damage he inflicted.

What the real problem was, according to what I've seen and read, is that there were warning flags about this guy and they were, for the most part, ignored.
    Last edited by EdinGeorgia; 01-08-2017 at 10:50 AM.
    Taurus Millennium PT-111 G2 9mm (X2)

Taurus 605 .357MAG

Really Old S&W .38Spl.

S&W M&P Bodyguard 380

Maverick 88 12ga Pump

NRA Member.

GWL holder.

ATF (Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms) should be a convenience store and not a government agency.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Sponsored Links