Insulated Steel Tumbler
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: Insulated Steel Tumbler

Member #
    Liked
    3234 times

Insulated Steel Tumbler

Well someone has made countless millions on the Yeti brand name. Included in this sales for their insulated drink tumbler. The 30 ounce model is $40! For Christmas a friend gave me an Ozark Trail Wal-Mart tumbler. My first thought was "great I have a cabinet full of these" lol. He then told me how amazing they are, and that they are copies of the infamous Yeti only they cost only $9.75 for 30 oz and $7.75 for the 20 oz. He and his buddies did side by side tests to prove it and they did. I have since Googled it and many others have done this test apparently with the same result. Anyway I have used it. I have a cabinet full of similar ones, many of which are Teva's overpriced plastic version. By comparison this thing is light years better at keeping things at temperature for long periods of time. Obviously I am not affiliated with Wal-Mart but if you want a thermal tumbler that works really well, check these out!

Name:  walmart.jpeg
Views: 203
Size:  187.6 KB
    "I can't fix stupid but I can fix stupid's dog"

Taurus PT111 G2, Taurus 709 Slim, Ruger Blackhawk .45LC/.45ACP, High Standard Double Nine .22/.22WMR, AR-15 .223/5.56 PSA, Herter's FN Mauser 30.06, Remington 572 Fieldmaster Pump .22, Savage 93R17F, Mossberg 715T, Raven P25

Member #
    Liked
    6901 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyC2639 View Post
    Well someone has made countless millions on the Yeti brand name. Included in this sales for their insulated drink tumbler. The 30 ounce model is $40! For Christmas a friend gave me an Ozark Trail Wal-Mart tumbler. My first thought was "great I have a cabinet full of these" lol. He then told me how amazing they are, and that they are copies of the infamous Yeti only they cost only $9.75 for 30 oz and $7.75 for the 20 oz. He and his buddies did side by side tests to prove it and they did. I have since Googled it and many others have done this test apparently with the same result. Anyway I have used it. I have a cabinet full of similar ones, many of which are Teva's overpriced plastic version. By comparison this thing is light years better at keeping things at temperature for long periods of time. Obviously I am not affiliated with Wal-Mart but if you want a thermal tumbler that works really well, check these out!

Name:  walmart.jpeg
Views: 203
Size:  187.6 KB

I bought one just before Christmas its GREAT!!!!!!!!!!
    TonyC2639 likes this.
    avatar is VA-34 Blue Blasters squadron insignia one of the many I wore from 1977-1998

Member #
    Liked
    31620 times
    I 've done side by side tests with Yeti and they're just as good. I've purchased a half dozen of them.
    TonyC2639 and vaskeet like this.
    The Constitution was written to constrain the government.
    It's now used to constrain the people.

Speak the Truth, even if it causes your voice to shake.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    15732 times
    If you don't have a yeti you aren't cool. Lol

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    vaskeet and ELW00D like this.
    This world would be a much better place if people would mind their own business. -Me

Who needs the CIA when you have the KGB? - Donald Trump

Sand Lake - All of 'em

Member #
    Liked
    6901 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Cariwine View Post
    If you don't have a yeti you aren't cool. Lol

What if I just paint YETTI (extra t to prevent copyrite infringement) on mine
    WoodyUSSLUCE likes this.
    avatar is VA-34 Blue Blasters squadron insignia one of the many I wore from 1977-1998

Member #
    Liked
    15269 times
    we have a Yeti, an Ozark and a couple of Artic's. They all perform almost identically. With how outrageous the prices are on the Yeti's, I can't see a reason to buy them.
    PT1911 - 45ACP, Pietta 1873 SAA - 45LC, PT709SS slim, Heritage RR 6.5" 22LR/Mag dual cylinders
    1939 Tula 91/30 Nugget, Evil Copper and Black Rifle, Savage B-Mag in 17WSM
    Mossberg 535 12ga
    GPS Coordinates to lake where they all reside. Always wear your life vests kids. Boating accidents DO happen.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    15732 times
    Quote Originally Posted by vaskeet View Post
    What if I just paint YETTI (extra t to prevent copyrite infringement) on mine
    Nope. You gotta be cool. Lol

ETF likes this.
    This world would be a much better place if people would mind their own business. -Me

Who needs the CIA when you have the KGB? - Donald Trump

Sand Lake - All of 'em

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    38843 times
    I did a test with the Walmart version to my son's Yeti no real difference. Both my younger sons now have the Walmart version. I may get one for my self but I really like my SAPP Brothers 100 oz insulated cup.
    glenwolde and Rickenbacher39 like this.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

The 2nd amendment is not about hunting or shooting sports, it is about the citizens of this country having the means to protect themselves and the states from the tyranny, oppression, and misery of an over powering government. Modern rifles are a means for the citizens to stand up to an over powering government.

Taurusarmed.net Where are you map?

Member #
    Liked
    6901 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Cariwine View Post
    Nope. You gotta be cool. Lol

So I will be uncool with a extra box of ammo and my OT cup lol

YOT
    Member #
    Liked
    2994 times
    My favorite so far is the 20 oz. Contigo with the SnapSeal , also from Walmart and other places.

https://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/sto...-_4aAmSV8P8HAQ
    "It isn't always being fast or even accurate that counts, it's being willing. I found out early that most men regardless of cause or need aren't willing. They blink an eye or draw a breath before they pull the trigger and I won't." - The Shootist (John Wayne)

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links