Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: Insulated Steel Tumbler

Member #
    Liked
    6445 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Cariwine View Post
    If you don't have a yeti you aren't cool. Lol
    I got the 20 oz last year for Christmas, and the 30 oz this year. Didn't ask for either of them. My parents are siblings had them and thought I needed them too. Also they got me some stainless straws and cleaning brush. I like them very much, but would never have bought any of that stuff for myself.

Name:  $_57.jpg
Views: 101
Size:  241.3 KB
    Cariwine and WoodyUSSLUCE like this.
    America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves. Abraham Lincoln
    A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself. Josh Billings
    One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain. Bob Marley
    To conquer a nation, first disarm it's citizens. Adolf Hitler
    I like my whisky old and my women young. Errol Flynn

Member #
    Liked
    401 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyC2639 View Post
    Well someone has made countless millions on the Yeti brand name. Included in this sales for their insulated drink tumbler. The 30 ounce model is $40! For Christmas a friend gave me an Ozark Trail Wal-Mart tumbler. My first thought was "great I have a cabinet full of these" lol. He then told me how amazing they are, and that they are copies of the infamous Yeti only they cost only $9.75 for 30 oz and $7.75 for the 20 oz. He and his buddies did side by side tests to prove it and they did. I have since Googled it and many others have done this test apparently with the same result. Anyway I have used it. I have a cabinet full of similar ones, many of which are Teva's overpriced plastic version. By comparison this thing is light years better at keeping things at temperature for long periods of time. Obviously I am not affiliated with Wal-Mart but if you want a thermal tumbler that works really well, check these out!

Attachment 241489
    I got one of these (Ozark Trail 20 oz) for Christmas...it is the best insulated drink container I ever had!
    "She said her name was Emergency and asked to see my gun....said her telephone number was 911"

Member #
    Liked
    1670 times
    We received two 30 ounce Yetis as Christmas presents from my niece. They are nice but I am sticking with my 48 ounce Schrek mug...
    Hang together or Hang seperately

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    358 times
    But my identity?

I am a Sig, John Deere, Ford, Budweiser, Marlboro, Coke, Yeti man!

Actually that is sarcasm, I do have a Ford and a Coke and my Coke is in a Big Boss but the Ozark works just as well. Both were FREE.

If you are a Taurus guy you are probably not a Yeti guy. Unless you think your cooler is more important than your gun ;-)
    CreekFisher and WoodyUSSLUCE like this.
    http://www.mkgandhi.org/nonviolence/...he%20sword.htm

...When my eldest son asked me what he should have done, had he been present when I was almost fatally assaulted in 1908, whether he should have run away and seen me killed or whether he should have used his physical force which he could and wanted to use, and defended me, I told him that it was his duty to defend me even by using violence. Gandhi.

Member #
    Liked
    4915 times
    I left my 30oz Ozark in my truck this summer on a very hot day. I had ice and tea in it and set on the console. When I came back to my truck a few hours later the sun had made the Ozark too hot to hold in a bare hand but the ice and tea were still there. I don't need further proof.
    Last edited by .452dia; 12-28-2016 at 01:41 PM.
    Character and Ethics count, don't leave home without them. Or your CCW!

Member #
    Liked
    5968 times
    I have both Yeti, Mammoth and Ozark Trail in both sizes. There's no difference - probably manufactured by the same company. Before I got one, I used a Bubba (still do) for my morning coffee, and knew that if I filled it up before driving to my hunting lease, (about 60 miles), the coffee would still be somewhat warm by the time I got half way there. Not so with the metal ones. After an hour of driving, the coffee is still too hot to drink. It's pretty bad when you have to put an ice cube in your coffee mug in order to enjoy it. Yeti also has a can holder that is equally as good, but they are only for the 12 oz cans, and I like the 16oz cans - those sizes will be next. Their thermos size containers will be wonderful for the deer blind.
    CreekFisher likes this.

ETF
    Member #
    Liked
    1761 times
    I guess that I'm cool.

I have a Yeti cooler. It was an emergency buy when we were out in the RV and the fridge/freezer conked out. We still use it in the RV. It's a great cooler but is it worth the money? ... no way in h*ll. I also got a couple of Yeti can holders for Christmas from my yuppie niece last year. They also work great but once I open the a beer, it's not going to hang around long enough to get warm, even in a Texas summer.

For an insulated cup, I've always used the Nissan vacuum insulated cups. I think that they are now made by Coleman, not sure. They are great and I would recommend them if the quality is still the same as my old ones. I also have a cupboard filled with other, off brand, so called insulated cups that are useless and just take up space.

Member #
    Liked
    851 times
    I like my Yeti 20 oz. it was a Christmas present last year.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    37890 times
    Yeti cooler has it's place. Overnight fishing trips out in the Atlantic ocean is one of them. They also come in handy during hurricanes when ice is at a premium if at all available. If you can afford overnight fishing trips the cost of a Yeti cooler is nothing.

I have used one a couple of times, that is the closest I'll get to owning one.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

The 2nd amendment is not about hunting or shooting sports, it is about the citizens of this country having the means to protect themselves and the states from the tyranny, oppression, and misery of an over powering government. Modern rifles are a means for the citizens to stand up to an over powering government.

Taurusarmed.net Where are you map?

Member #
    Liked
    2554 times
    I have a bunch. All gifts. The first two were gifts to each other between my wife and I, big ones. Then I got the little one from a contractor at work, and the can/beer bottle version from another contractor. These were all Yeti brand. Then I got a OT big cup for my birthday from my coworkers, an OT cup from my new boss for Christmas, and my wife and I each got small OT cups for Christmas from my mother. I like them, and they work really well. The OT and Yeti cup lids do interchange too so that's a great thing when you are mixing and mingling them.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links