Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Taurus Registration cards

Hello group I have a question hope it doesn't sound plum off the wall but with Taurus's life time warranty is it important to send in the warranty registration cards ? I've just always well never sent them in on things like tools and software but understand that's a whole other thing . Is it necessary for them to be sent in for the warranty to be good on the guns , if so would that void life time warranties of Taurus weapons on second hand guns ? Just thinking some of you guys will know the answer to this I had picked mine up new last week but not sent in the cards yet or had a chance to shoot them just clean them up and they where not as greasy as I had expected from reading through post of new guns either . Thanks
    Born & raised to protect those dearest to our hearts by any means possible . Those weak & those abused as well , The unjust will find Karma a unwelcome foe that he must meet in time .
    ( John )

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    14667 times

Re: Taurus Registration cards

Been some time since this came up, but the warranty follows the firearm and not the owner. So the card isn't necessary. I send them in anyway, just in case there is a unknown advantage to it, or a possible recall.
    All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse, and a good wife.

Texas friendly, spoken here.

Moderator Emeritus

Member #
    Liked
    945 times

+1 to what Smoke said. I even cover my bases by using the online registration on the Taurus Web Site.
    ROBBY
    Board Of Directors KC3 http://www.kc3.com/index.html
    NRA Member, GOA Member, NAGR member

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Thank you guys just sit down here and will fill them out .
    Born & raised to protect those dearest to our hearts by any means possible . Those weak & those abused as well , The unjust will find Karma a unwelcome foe that he must meet in time .
    ( John )

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    4988 times

I sent my first one in and it seemed to help getting replacement parts but then I did not on my last one and ordered extra mags and they came in 10 days so who knows.
    When I moved to the south I just didn't bring my things . By the grace of GOD he brought my soul!!"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."
    -- Thomas Jefferson

PT 1911,pt 24/7 45 C DS, M-85

Member #
    Liked
    215 times

Quote Originally Posted by Smokewagon
    Been some time since this came up, but the warranty follows the firearm and not the owner. So the card isn't necessary. I send them in anyway, just in case there is a unknown advantage to it, or a possible recall.
    +1 here ,
    NRA member

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    24552 times

During a phone call to Taurus one time I asked them if I needed to fill out the card and they told me that if you register your weapon on line it's the same as sending in the card. According to Taurus registration will help them process your weapon if you should ever need to return it for repair. Hopefully you will never need to do that. But, send in the card or register it online through their website. Either way you should be golden!
    ​Venimus, vidimus, nos explodit.

There is nothing in life so bad or so awful that it cannot be made infinitely worse by a lawyer.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Thanks guys I did it online and sent the cards also . So maybe it should be covered either way then .
    ( John )

Sponsored Links