Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: New Car Coming Very Affordable

Member #
    Liked
    3588 times

New Car Coming Very Affordable

Revolutionary financing idea...
    Revolutionary yet simple design...just hope there is enough space....very futuristic look
    Great gas mileage

This video is more about the idea behind the car and who it will appeal to...love this capitalist's enthusiasm.
    Other video's on youtube that deal with the car and how it moves.

I'm needing a replacement car this might be it.

You can get a lot with a smile but you can get a lot more with a smile and a gun...Al Capone

Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth...Mike Tyson

On different calibers for self-defense: If you can hit what you aim at it doesn't matter...if you can't it doesn't matter. So, it doesn't matter...aphdmansoc

Member #
    Liked
    3588 times
    Some more info on the interior and the engine and people's reaction to sitting in the car.

This is producing 1500 jobs in America and they are saying it will cost less than $7,000!

Not for everyone, what car is, but for me, to scoot around town I like it...my gf will probably hate it she's into sport cars. I just hope its reasonably comfortable.

You can get a lot with a smile but you can get a lot more with a smile and a gun...Al Capone

On different calibers for self-defense: If you can hit what you aim at it doesn't matter...if you can't it doesn't matter. So, it doesn't matter...aphdmansoc

Member #
    Liked
    7222 times
    That is an amazing automobile.
    aphdmansoc likes this.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    10270 times
    I think I'd rather keep my Harley, at least then I don't get blind spots from the window frame.

How would they get their groceries home? One at a time?

I'm mostly kidding, but, as you can probably tell, this wouldn't be the car for me.

Ok guys, very funny, bring back the Constitution now...

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." -- Thomas Edison

"Ignorance and arrogance are a lethal combination. Nowhere do we see that more clearly among writers and performers who pontificate as historians when they know nothing about history." -- Victor Davis Hanson

"It's your life, rise up and live it" -- Terry Goodkind

Supporting Member
    Member #
    Liked
    566 times
    I don't believe i'll be in line to buy one either.....
    "You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, & smarter than you think." Pooh Bear

Member #
    Liked
    19687 times
    84 MPG Hwy milege, 5 star crash rating, 100 MPH, A/C standard; all for $6,800?

Where's the waiting list...put my name on it!
    aphdmansoc and whichfinger like this.
    NULLI SECUNDUS

Supporting Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    6422 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf1477 View Post
    I think I'd rather keep my Harley, at least then I don't get blind spots from the window frame.

How would they get their groceries home? One at a time?

I'm mostly kidding, but, as you can probably tell, this wouldn't be the car for me.
    You are correct in your analogy. This looks like a fully faired motorcycle! One of my early bikes was a Honda Pacific Coast 800 which had about as much plastic wrapped around it as this thing. It would be funny seeing Shaq hocking this thing (like he has been tapped to act as spokesperson for some of the miniature car makers). In fact, this thing probably wouldn't act as a shoebox for just one of his shoes.
    Wolf1477 and btleslie like this.
    NRA Lifetime Member
    GeorgiaCarry.org

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government. - GEORGE WASHINGTON
    Make a liberal happy. Go GREEN. Recycle the government!
    Parallel lines have a lot in common; too bad they'll never get a chance to meet . . .

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    4664 times
    After working for GM for 31 years its nice to see people thinking outside the box and creating cars that some people could afford instead of over priced Hybrid cars the big car company's are trying to force down our throats. 5 stars for the guys going out there and doing the American dream!!!!
    When I moved to the south I just didn't bring my things . By the grace of GOD he brought my soul!!"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."
    -- Thomas Jefferson

PT 1911,pt 24/7 45 C DS, M-85

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    5646 times
    Looks like a CanAm Spyder with kind of a car body on it. I wonder what engine will be the final engine choice. Gas mileage on the Spyder is not all that good.

BRP Can-Am Spyder Roadster USA: 3 Wheel Motorcycles

Member #
    Liked
    3588 times
    Back seat folds down or you just put the groceries on the seat itself. I do agree that it probably could use a little more room. Not a family car but it is a personal or couples car providing that you aren't planning to carry much of anything.

As the population ages or as the younger generation doesn't get that good job an inexpensive personal car might be the ticket.

For me, I have one more car purchase in me before I die. I am retired. My gf has a car that she likes to drive me around in...sports car, not too comfortable for me but once I get in its okay...getting out is a b****.

The issue confronting those that retire, or have limited funds do you want/need to spend $18,000-25,000 for a new car? Most people that retire don't have enough money to survive on because they hadn't planned appropriately or suffered some financial or health setback.

I don't know if this type of car will catch on - other companies with similar ideas didn't make it...but this might be the time.

Let's see, assuming an automatic transmission will add to the cost so that the final price comes to around 8 grand. I think I would like to save that 10-17 thousand dollars! That would mean a lot more visits to restaurants, a few more new guns without feeling pinched about what they would cost, a few new large tv's, a tablet, and some home repairs with a few dollars left over for ammo and other stuff.

My point: there is a market out there...whether the design and the aesthetic meets with market acceptance that is the unknown. Of course, there are the marketing and distribution problems of getting the cars to market but if demand is there than that problem will solve itself.

Now the question is will this company really be able to get their car to market by next summer? And will my car hold up that long? And can I resist some of the "good deals" being pitched...I'm leaning toward a Hyundai or a Nissan but still open minded. Possible solution is to lease a car for three years and see what happens...that probably is a good idea.

Like 45Forever said...its nice to see some people think outside the box and give us some choices. Moondawg points out some of the other features of this car...not too shabby.
    Last edited by aphdmansoc; 08-08-2013 at 01:50 PM.
    Wolf1477 and 45 Forever like this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links