Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: New Public Defender Poly

BMC
    Member #
    Liked
    333 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Albertl View Post
    Well the word disappointment doesn't sum up my first encounter with my new Public Defender. After shooting 10 rounds of American Eagle 45 Colt 225 Gr Jacketed Soft Point flawlessly the trouble began. I loaded some 9 shot Remington Premier STS Target loads and after firing the first two rounds my cylinder locked up and I could not pull the trigger or cock the hammer. After wrestling with the cylinder release I was able to open it and extract the shells. I tried Federal Premium 2 1/2 in buckshot their personal defense load with the same results. I will be contacting Taurus on Monday to arrange to have them look at my revolver. When it did fire it was controllable but I was not accurate with it. With the problems withit not firing never got a real opportunity to work on the accuracy of the gun and more importantly myself. Will update on this as this moves along. I hope Taurus can make this right, my wife has a Circuit Judge that performs flawlessly and this would be a good lil brother to it.

Please keep us updated...
    The only evil is ignorance...the only good is knowledge.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Will do! Returned to Taurus they said should be six weeks will see...

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Just saw on the Taurus Service website that my Poly is repaired and shipped hopefully will have it back by Monday and can give it another try next weekend...cant wait
    BMC likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I picked up my poly from my local FedEx office yesterday, this weekend I am off to the range to test it out. Here's hoping everything is functioning properly I really really want to like this gun. Will update after the range visit

BMC
    Member #
    Liked
    333 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Albertl View Post
    I picked up my poly from my local FedEx office yesterday, this weekend I am off to the range to test it out. Here's hoping everything is functioning properly I really really want to like this gun. Will update after the range visit

Good luck at the range welcoming your Poly PD home. Try not to go through too much ammo!
    The only evil is ignorance...the only good is knowledge.

Supporting Member
    Member #
    Liked
    209 times
    Congrats on the new gun!
    My wish list...
    Number one is definitely the Akdal Mka 1919 12 gauge. With a slide-fire stock, nothing is cooler than a fully automatic 12 gauge slinging 00 buckshot!

#2 is a Taurus 24/7 Pro .40 - Because it is AWESOME and it holds 16 rounds!

#3 is The new Arsenal Arms Double Barrel 1911. Because it brings a new meaning to the phrase DOUBLE TAP!

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Well took my newly repaired poly to the range today. It shot 45 long colt flawlessly but still hangs up on federal and Winchester defensive 410 ammo. It shot Winchester bird shot ammo ok but would hang up on the 410 defensive ammo. I shot the PDX Winchester 410 ok for about 10 rounds but even those would lock up the cylinder. They said they adjusted the headspace and the space between the cylinder and the barrel but it doesn't seem to have helped much. I will give it a good cleaning and one more range session then it will be back to Taurus for the second time. I hope at the end of all this I don't regret not spending the extra money and getting the S&W Governor.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Well as stated I gave my poly a good cleaning and took it back to the range yesterday. As before it shot the 45LC flawlessly. It did well with Winchester 410's, both birdshot and the PDX1 defensive rounds.it did still hang up on the Federal shells. That I can live with as long as I am aware of what ammo works reliably. My wife has a Circuit Judge which shoots any and everything we have fed it so she use the federal shells I had purchased.

Supporting Member
    Member #
    Liked
    209 times
    Congrats on the new Judge! make sure to get some Federal Handgun .410 000 Buckshot, and some Federal handgun .410 9 pellet buckshot! WAY TO MUCH FUN!
    My wish list...
    Number one is definitely the Akdal Mka 1919 12 gauge. With a slide-fire stock, nothing is cooler than a fully automatic 12 gauge slinging 00 buckshot!

#2 is a Taurus 24/7 Pro .40 - Because it is AWESOME and it holds 16 rounds!

#3 is The new Arsenal Arms Double Barrel 1911. Because it brings a new meaning to the phrase DOUBLE TAP!

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Bcteck5.....if you read my last post you will see that shooting Federal locks up my cylinder....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links