Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Moderator Emeritus

Member #
    Liked
    945 times

Re: 410 3" magnum slug vs .45 long Colt

Quote Originally Posted by MadKaw
    I have the Titanium snubby .45LC that Taurus used to make. Now that is a gun Taurus should bring back - much more easily concealed than any Judge.
    I too want a 45 colt revolver to go with my JUDGE! Almost as much as a Rossi Ranch Hand 45 colt lever action pistol. HMMMM!!
    ROBBY
    Board Of Directors KC3 http://www.kc3.com/index.html
    NRA Member, GOA Member, NAGR member

Member #
    Liked
    5233 times

Taurus is supposed to be bring back the .44 Special snub revolver,the 445. Maybe a little writing to Taurus and call in campaign could get the Taurus 450 back on line.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times

@qwiksdraw-No worries, it's factory ammo.
    "If you can't do something smart, do something right."-Shepherd Booke

Member #
    Liked
    2690 times

Forget the accuracy bit about .410 slugs, just look at the throw weight difference:

.410 Slug: =/> 100 grains @ maybe, but doubtful, 1,000 fps (taking a guess here since fps is quoted for 16+" shotgun barrel)

.45LC: 200-300 grains with the old military load of 250 grain LRN @ 925 fps (cowboy loads are not counted since they are underloaded target rounds)

Big slow bullets beat lightweight and only slightly faster bullets all day long IMO.

4 Dead in Benghazi while Cowards watched. 4 Dead in Benghazi while the Media hid. 4 Dead Heroes who died for those who do not care. 4 Dead in Benghazi and who will pay. 4 Dead in Benghazi and Hilliary screams, "What does it matter?" while the cowards rule.

Member #
    Liked
    5233 times

Guess those will do Rimfire.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

the DDupleks Rounds have been designed to keep a level flight path even showing that they can travel as far as 50 yards accurately they have a 5 in. spread, and have been proven to transfer 100% of their energy to the target. If I can hit anything with in 20ft. I do not need to worry much about accuracy, but if it can right itself even after going through tall grass that is far better than any 45 round, I will take the DDupleks rounds that have been proven in ballistics tests to be far better than the 45 long colts, unless you are using a talon tip round, and +P hot loads.

I would agree that any other 410. slug would suck in comparison but if you consider that a standard led round only transfers about 15 to 25 % of its energy to the target you can see how the DDupleks rounds outmatch them. So as a review 5 in diameter 5 in. deep, 100% energy transfer, is better than even the 25% seen from a standard lead round even in hollow point the cavity is less than 1/2 in. , and the entry hole/exit hole are small by comparison.

the Balistics gel test proved that the 12 gauge form was far more powerful, than say a standard slug. the 410 Dupo 7 tests have shown they carry a weight close that of a 12 gauge standard slug + accuracy that no other can provide I am game.

Remember how you get bashed by Taurus Haters please have an open mind, and research the round before you bash it, buy a few test them out, see how well they work. The world record Grizzly kill is held now by a Russian man who took a Grizzly down with one shot the Griz dropped within one foot of where it was shot, they only show a bit of him dragging it out of the river but if the 12 gauge version can take out a Grizz, I think it is safe to say that the 410 can take out a man in one shot.
    If we choose to believe a Lie that Lie has become our truth..... Aaron Layes

Member #
    Liked
    2 times

Thanks, I've been looking into those DDupleks, I'm most likely gonna go with them as far as a non buckshot load.
    "If you can't do something smart, do something right."-Shepherd Booke

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

im going to go buy my Raging Judge I guess later today rofl its past midnight. I was looking on their website they have two forms of that Dupo 7 but I have not been able to find the short magnum version of it yet which is a bit more powerful.
    If we choose to believe a Lie that Lie has become our truth..... Aaron Layes

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links