Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By LouCap

Thread: Need a better grip for the new Public Defender Polymer

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Need a better grip for the new Public Defender Polymer

I need help. I just bought a new Public Defender Polymer. I absolutely love this gun but... The handle is way to small for my hand. Expecially for the kind this little thing has. I can't seem to find a Hogue or Pachmayr for it that it  a little longer or more padded to handle the recoil. Does anybody out there have any recommendations or know of somewhere where I can get a bigger grip? Will one of the trips off of another Taurus (like a Ranging Bull) or something like that work on mine. Thank you for any and all help you can give me. Thanks. Miguel

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    3288 times

Re: Need a better grip for the new Public Defender Polymer

I don't know if the grip frame on the poly model is the same as the metal version.

You can try this thread though. http://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/in...?topic=44300.0

NRA Life Member - TSRA Member

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Hogue Monogrip fits with a longer screw.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

You must have some BIG hands there. I have the poly PD and while the grips are not large, they seem okay to me when shooting. They are certainly comfortable considering the formidible kick of the gun. If you can find something larger, I hope it's as well designed in respect to absorbing the kick.
    tucker368 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

They factory ribber grip was simply unsuitable for me. I am a 220lb 6 foot Judo competitor, so recoil is not an issue. I carry my Poly PD Judge every day in the front inside waist band of my pants, without printing, even with the much longer Hogue grip. I have been carrying the Extreme Shock 185gr 1300fps loads, and they have a pretty decent amount of recoil.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Which Hogue Monogrip fits the Public Defender? I was by my local gun shop today and I checked model 73000 on my metal frame Public Defender and it absolutely does not work. The reason I tried that model grip is because I saw on another forum that's the one that fits. It may fit the Polymer version but it doesnt fit the metal framed version. I would like to find a replacment grip thats not the ribber grip.

Moderator Emeritus

Member #
    Liked
    941 times
    Quote Originally Posted by strongdaddy View Post
    Which Hogue Monogrip fits the Public Defender? I was by my local gun shop today and I checked model 73000 on my metal frame Public Defender and it absolutely does not work. The reason I tried that model grip is because I saw on another forum that's the one that fits. It may fit the Polymer version but it doesnt fit the metal framed version. I would like to find a replacment grip thats not the ribber grip.
    Try a grip for the 85 series of guns. I seem to remember that the PD, is based on that frame??
    ROBBY
    Board Of Directors KC3 http://www.kc3.com/index.html
    NRA Member, GOA Member, NAGR member

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Links