Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Judge 3" bobbed hammer

Hi guys.

Anyone else out there have The Judge with the bobbed hammer like me?

Do you like it, dislike it? Just curious

I purchased it over the net and didn't realize this until i got it.

Has a lot of trigger pull. Would have been nice to cock it once in a while but no can do

Thanks for your opinions.

"I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people..." - George Mason

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    17276 times

Re: Judge 3" bobbed hammer

I have the Public Defender with a bobbed hammer. If I really concentrate, and if my hands aren't wet I can cock the bobbed hammer. If I had to use it in a hurry, I'd be afraid to attempt to cock it...rather take my chances with the ultra-strong trigger pull. I'm wild about the gun; but haven't shot any .45 long colts through it yet. I'll be carrying it concealed under a jacket some of the time when the weather turns off cool, so I'm really kinda' glad it has the bobbed hammer...it won't get snagged on anything if I ever have to draw it to defend myself.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

I also have a Public Defender and it has a bobbed hammer and I really like it . I have carried it concelled a few times in a inside the waistband holster , but will have to wait till the weather turns cooler so I can wear a jacket. I just wish that Taurus made a bigger grip for the PD.

Moderator Emeritus

Member #
    Liked
    943 times

Quote Originally Posted by Spot
    I also have a Public Defender and it has a bobbed hammer and I really like it . I have carried it concelled a few times in a inside the waistband holster , but will have to wait till the weather turns cooler so I can wear a jacket. I just wish that Taurus made a bigger grip for the PD.
    You can use a bigger grip for the 85, 905, 605 models on the Public Defender, which is built on the J frame size.
    ROBBY
    Board Of Directors KC3 http://www.kc3.com/index.html
    NRA Member, GOA Member, NAGR member

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    i have a judge 2.5 and a public defender both blue the public defender has the type of bobbed hammer that can be cocked but the judge cannot be cocked and the hammer is the smooth curve type is there a different name for one of these styles or how would one distinguish the two possibly a DA only designation in other words how would i tell a gunsmith that i want one or the other also the internals of the judge i have are such that it cannot be cocked the bobed hammer is what sold me on both guns and im considering turning one of my other pistols into a fitz special

Links