Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Judge Public Defender Grip Questions

Just picked up a new Public Defender to add to my collection and have a couple of questons.

Is their a better grip option?

Will any Taurus small frame grips work on the Judge Public Defender?

Member #
    Liked
    10 times

Re: Judge Public Defender Grip Questions

i cant answer the question but when i looked atthe defender i thought man the grip is way to short forthat model , how do like it other wise?

Member #
    Liked
    36 times

IDK but Taurus told me the Public Defender grip will not fit my 605. My guess would be no.
    "Power stems from the barrel of a gun" - Mao Tse-Tung
    "Ignorance can be corrected through education. Stupid is just permanent!!!" - Tslepebull
    "Because when seconds count, the police are only minutes away!" - Unknown

Moderator Emeritus

Member #
    Liked
    941 times

The problem seems to be, that THE JUDGE was a Tracker frame. But they say the PUBLIC DEFENDER was built on an extended 85 frame. The web site is no help, as they show three dif. frame sizes for the 45/410 frame guns.

If I had to guess, the DEFENDER is actually the same frame in the grip at THE JUDGE, and would take the Tracker grips.
    ROBBY
    Board Of Directors KC3 http://www.kc3.com/index.html
    NRA Member, GOA Member, NAGR member

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Since I have not had a chance to take it to the range, I am not sure how I will like the stock grips. However, I do feel that they may be a bit short. What I did like about it, and the reason I choice this model, was that it will fit nicely in my concole of my car. I personally feel as though a Judge loaded with the new Federal 000 defense ammo would be just about perfert for that application.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Actually, the Public Defender has the same grip frame as an M85. The difference being the grip screw goes in the bottom of the grip ( ala tracker), where as the M85 has the screw through the side. To this date there are no other grip options available to my knowledge fpr the PD..
    SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    8830 times

i think we're going to have to wait until the PD's popularity grows a bit before you start seeing any compact type grips available. You might find some Tracker grips that fit, like Robby says, but then again they may be a bit big on this more compact gun.
    You all may go to hell, and I will go to Texas - Davy Crockett

When Leonidas was preparing to make his stand, a Persian envoy arrived. The envoy explained to Leonidas the futility of trying to resist the advance of the huge Persian army and demanded that the Spartans lay down their arms. Leonidas told Xerxes "MOLON LABE", or "Come And Get Them."

NRA member and proud Texas CHL holder

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

This is my wife's gun and I didn't like it at first, especially the grip, way too small for my hand. But, the more I shoot it the more relaxed I get on the grip and the better it feels. Everyone asks if it kicks up in your face and I always tell them it just drills straight back into your palm.

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    8830 times

There is a brief, if not clear, description of the PD grip in the Taurus 2010 magazine that just hit the newsstands.....this article was written by Dick Metcalf:

The slimmer, trimmer, new small-frame Public Defender guns are configured similar to the larger Judge models with three-inch barrels and fiber optic front sights, but they are fitted wtih compact Ribber M85-dimension boot grips and a reduced-profile hammer.....

It doesn't specifically say that the M85 grips will fit it, but if I had one of each, I'd sure try it just to see if it worked.
    You all may go to hell, and I will go to Texas - Davy Crockett

When Leonidas was preparing to make his stand, a Persian envoy arrived. The envoy explained to Leonidas the futility of trying to resist the advance of the huge Persian army and demanded that the Spartans lay down their arms. Leonidas told Xerxes "MOLON LABE", or "Come And Get Them."

NRA member and proud Texas CHL holder

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Quote Originally Posted by texastaurusguy
    There is a brief, if not clear, description of the PD grip in the Taurus 2010 magazine that just hit the newsstands.....this article was written by Dick Metcalf:

The slimmer, trimmer, new small-frame Public Defender guns are configured similar to the larger Judge models with three-inch barrels and fiber optic front sights, but they are fitted wtih compact Ribber M85-dimension boot grips and a reduced-profile hammer.....

It doesn't specifically say that the M85 grips will fit it, but if I had one of each, I'd sure try it just to see if it worked.
    They WON'T work.. As stated above. The M85 grips atr a 2 piece design with the screw through the side. The PD grips are ONE piece with the screw in the bottom...
    SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links