Taurus Firearm Forum banner

Thoughts on Online Gun Auctions - Gunbroker, Etc.

3K views 29 replies 24 participants last post by  sid1 
#1 ·
I was looking at the Gunbroker website last night for the first time and it looked
like a place where if one knew what they were doing, they could get some great
firearm related deals! It also looked like a place where someone could get burned
by a scam artist or another unscrupulous person. What are your thoughts about
using a site like Gunbroker to get firearms and related items and what should I
look for before closing a deal if I decide to sign up there? Should I stay away
from individual dealers and stick to the corporate ones there? I would like some
insight before I get involved and start an account there.

#28 ·
If you use a Postal Money order and they never ship the item, is it considered Mail Fraud? Will the USPS help you go after them?

I almost always use a Postal money order to save the CC fees. I have thought about using a dedicated CC for the protection if I never get the item or it comes not as described. Seems like you could always dispute the charge if you had to. - Just a thought

#29 ·
I don't know about USPS, but I believe Gunbroker has up to $500 coverage, as long as the actual agreement to
purchase is done through the site (ie., auction or "Buy Now" option).

#30 ·
I have bought guns from both sites gunbroker and gunauction. Never had a problem with either, but caution should be taken, do your homework. Look at the cost of the gun, shipping charges, and your FFL fee. For me I tack on another $50.00 to the top price I am willing to pay for the gun. ($30.00 for my transfer and $20.00 for shipping) If the seller is asking $30.00 - $50.00 for shipping then a better deal maybe found elsewhere, like some online gun stores.
Read the fine print, I once seen an action for an AR (during the craze) going for $2200.00 and the seller posted shipping cost would be 10% of final price. That's $220.00 for shipping.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.