Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: cant find ammo anywhere..

Member #
    In a part of Texas where it is so flat, you can watch a mistreated dog run away for three days!
    Liked
    11233 times
    After 4 weeks of success of going to one Walmart for the past 4 Fridays at 8:00 am, I hit the wall this morning...nada, 2nd Walmart, they did have Win White box in .40 and .45 acp which I left for someone else.

I only want .22 LR, 7.62 x 39 and .223 in that order.

Mark Twain once said “In the beginning of a change the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot.”

"Fears, not years, make men old!" Mac McCallister

Member #
    Liked
    209 times
    We should all keep track of the websites and stores that are price gouging because of the shortage, and when the shelves are stocked back up, DO NOT BUY FROM price gougers!!! They are still paying the same price from the factories making the ammo, there is no reason they should be price gouging! GREEDY GREEDY GREEDY!
    RichO likes this.
    My wish list...
    Number one is definitely the Akdal Mka 1919 12 gauge. With a slide-fire stock, nothing is cooler than a fully automatic 12 gauge slinging 00 buckshot!

#2 is a Taurus 24/7 Pro .40 - Because it is AWESOME and it holds 16 rounds!

#3 is The new Arsenal Arms Double Barrel 1911. Because it brings a new meaning to the phrase DOUBLE TAP!

Member #
    Liked
    887 times
    Sorry guys and girls but IMO the ammo situation isn’t going to get better any time soon. There is too much anti-gun legislation being introduced from both the state and federal levels. Have you talked to people at the range or at your LGS? They are freakin scared! This is not your 2006 or 2008 panic buying, this is for the whole enchilada and the left knows it. The anti-gun left smells blood in the waters and they will push, poke and prod for every restrictive piece of legislation they can get and then they will expand the agenda from there. They will continue until they reach their ultimate goal and I need not tell you what that is.

This is there time to strike and they have no intention of backing off.

If you don’t have an ample supply of ammo and/or reloading components, you may want to consider other options, like these. So far, I have the 1858 Remington repro. I may get the flint lock next just in case the situation turns medieval and percussion caps are hard to find. BTW, a person with determination can learn how to make black powder.

Last edited by Flinger; 02-15-2013 at 08:48 PM.
    THREE TYPES OF PEOPLE YOU MEET IN LIFE:
    -THOSE WHO MAKE THINGS HAPPEN
    -THOSE WHO WATCH THINGS HAPPEN
    -THOSE WHO WONDER WHAT HAPPENED!!!

Member #
    Liked
    61 times

Re: cant find ammo anywhere..

Most of this 7.62x39 and 223 was bought with in a week online and fron Walmart along with some 22 lr and 100 packs of federal 223 not in the photo, things are getting better here in mo.

sent using Taptalk Droid
    Gun bans disarm victims, putting them at the mercy of murderers or terrorists who think nothing of breaking the gun laws.

Member #
    Liked
    887 times
    Damn, Im moving to MO, but on second thought, they have some other issues to contend with. I'll just stay in Bama for now.
    THREE TYPES OF PEOPLE YOU MEET IN LIFE:
    -THOSE WHO MAKE THINGS HAPPEN
    -THOSE WHO WATCH THINGS HAPPEN
    -THOSE WHO WONDER WHAT HAPPENED!!!

Supporting Member

Member #
    Between the Trinity and Brazos Rivers in the real Lonesome Dove.
    Liked
    2722 times
    Cheaper Than Dirt had 9mm from PMC for $32.95/50 rnds. For comparison, 40 S&W from PMC was $21.95/50 rnds. Supplies are beginning to come back, but slowly.
    The AR-15: The 21st Century Patriot's Flintlock Musket.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him had better take a closer look at the American Indian." Henry Ford

"Participating in a gun buy back program because you think that criminals have too many guns is like having yourself castrated because you think your neighbors have too many kids." - Clint Eastwood

Sand Lake 2014 TA Gathering

UVA UVAM VIVENDO VARIA FIT

Member #
    Liked
    61 times

Re: cant find ammo anywhere..

It was not easy buying all that ammo, it had almost become a game to me finding ammo.

sent using Taptalk Droid
    Gun bans disarm victims, putting them at the mercy of murderers or terrorists who think nothing of breaking the gun laws.

Member #
    Liked
    4779 times
    Was it on another thread that the guy said- he was some kind of liaison between manufacturers and stores- that we're looking at 6-9 months for actual normal supplies.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen! Samuel Adams

Member #
    In a part of Texas where it is so flat, you can watch a mistreated dog run away for three days!
    Liked
    11233 times
    Quote Originally Posted by FreedomCosts View Post
    Was it on another thread that the guy said- he was some kind of liaison between manufacturers and stores- that we're looking at 6-9 months for actual normal supplies.
    That was if the buying frenzy ended tomorrow, and it isn't ending tomorrow unless a law passes to quit manufacturing ammo or selling to the public....then it won't matter.

Mark Twain once said “In the beginning of a change the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot.”

"Fears, not years, make men old!" Mac McCallister

Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    I got my new Taurus 809SS in at my FFL from Buds today but I can't really find any ammo... just a couple boxes of the expensive 20 round self defense stuff... but I don't want to really use that on target.
    Member NRA & Georgia Carry

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Links