Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree136Likes

Thread: S&W digs in!

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    14680 times
    Makes me proud that my last two firearms purchases have been Smith's. But you guys know, I'm a recovering Smith&Wesson snob!
    All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse, and a good wife.

Texas friendly, spoken here.

Member #
    Liked
    10700 times
    This is the same puke who runs the SHOT Show... how do you figure?
    Don't worry about the guns, send lawyers and money.

“The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident, which everyone has decided not to see.”
    Ayn Rand

Treason: The betrayal of one’s own country by waging war against it or by consciously or purposely acting to aid its enemies.

Member #
    Liked
    4093 times
    Good to see the PC crowd shooting themselves in the foot, or would you say "open mouth and insert both feet"?
    Coolhandluke likes this.
    The Government is not the cure, it is the disease!

Member #
    Liked
    1381 times
    I have owned 2 S&W pistols and I am glad to see the company standing up to this anti-gun agenda ! Maybe I'll throw some money there way this year
    "This is not a world in which one can turn the other cheek. Doing so does not avoid violence, but rather encourages it. The bad guys threaten, but they do not seem to want to get hurt. They should be taught that their presumed victim is more dangerous than they are. This is not a matter of weapons, but of will."

- Jeff Cooper, April 2005

Member #
    Liked
    33 times
    The list of vendors backing out of this show is still growing, according to the local news. This show has been getting very expensive for visitors and vendors. I haven't been to it in about 5 years. I was planning to go this year despite the $14 admission and $8 to park, I think I will just drive to Cabela's in Hamburg instead.

Member #
    Liked
    617 times
    I am proud of these vendors telling the show to pack it. When enough us us let the people opposing guns know how our strength in numbers impacts their business plans they will stop the BS and come back to the right side of the fence.

Rubber band guns
    Pea shooter
    Spitball straw
    Slingshot

Owner and Operator of:
    Magnum Force Arms

Member #
    Liked
    396 times
    As much as I do not want to see manufacturing jobs leave my state, I think it might be a good idea for some of the gun manufacturers here to at least make that "threat" to NYS. Kimber, Bushmaster, and Remington (and perhaps more) have manufacturing facilities in NYS, and they can have a very powerful impact. When NYS was pushing hard for micro-stamping, Remington flat out said that they would leave NYS and lay off over 1000 people if the state passed a micro-stamping law. That proposed law was then quickly killed.

Funny that some of the very firearms that we can no longer buy here in NYS, are made here in NYS! I wonder why NYS govt didn't ban their manufacture here? Hmmm....
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves." Ronald Reagan, July 1975

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.”
    ― Ronald Reagan

Member #
    Liked
    17 times

Let them

Quote Originally Posted by .452dia View Post
    Thats Great but I still want to see the Gun Manufacturers pack up and move south to a state more friendly to the 2nd Amendment and Sportsmen. That will start getting their attention.
    know. Kimber, Colt, Kahr, S/A, Berretta, any of them located in non-free states. Let them know how many of their pistols are in your family and if they stay in those states, it will impact your future purchases.

Our $ are greater than what they get from gov't contracts.

The cost of moving - huge I am sure. How does it compare to losing our business and what about, in this economy, the consessions they will be given by states they move to?

We -TOGETHER - have the power.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    8316 times
    Not sure this makes up for their previous betrayal.......

SMITH & WESSON BETRAYAL
    "I think we have more machinery of government than is necessary, too many parasites living on the labor of the industrious." - Thomas Jefferson

Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Good move on S&W's part in my opinion.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links