Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Will gun price drop and ammo return to the shelves

Member #
    Liked
    1233 times

Will gun price drop and ammo return to the shelves

Okay, first let me start with saying that I am not saying its time to let your guard down figthing for your 2A rights. Some people arent reading the ENTIRE post or either taking it out of context....

With the news today not being as bad as some predicted, do you think gun sales (and prices) will go down? Any thoughts on ammo returning to shelves since it seems no legislation is aimed (pun intended) in that direction?

P.S please dont turn my thread into a political one. This is just about buying guns and ammo, not the constitution, the president or politicians. Thank you in advance.
    TXEric, Denton, rodfair and 4 others like this.

Member #
    Liked
    373 times
    I would think ammunition sales will level off now and prices get a bit more realistic..........AW styles I think will continue to stay inflated due to the threat of a ban on future imports and manufacturing being banned.
    Just another peaceful Saturday in the country

Member #
    Liked
    485 times
    I assume so (speaking only for ammo). Same happened 4 years ago and a year later the ammo situation stabilized. I can see EBR prices staying high if the demand is there if no more will be made.
    PT-740 Slim
    PT-745
    PT-1911

Member #
    Liked
    1233 times
    I call my "evil" rifles YPTWMF weapons with the first 4 words being "you picked the wrong". I got that from my sister after a day at the lake shooting and she said I needed to put that on my car tag as a warning, LOL!

Member #
    Liked
    3826 times
    Please check back in early 2014.
    A government that robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul - G.B. Shaw

Member #
    In a part of Texas where it is so flat, you can watch a mistreated dog run away for three days!
    Liked
    11233 times
    The message today was a soft pedaled message, one that B.O. knew in advance the House would not support and B.O. apparently still has some concerns of not overstepping constitutional bounds with a direct E.O.

The American Populace woke up in November knowing they should arm as B.O. would go after firearms and ammo in his second term. Another thing, folks talk, and it became more fashionable in some neighborhoods to be armed.

I've seen a lot of older folks make the conversion to gun owners and feel a need to stock pile ammo, not just young folks.

The shelves will eventually get restocked but not near as quickly as the last buying frenzy. After all, we still have members here who are fairly new to guns, who will not want to be caught short on ammo when the next push to disarm America happens, and it will happen, just the nature of the beast.

I for one, will be stocking up on a lot more .22's when I find them and have the funds available. Prices will come down, but not as quickly as the last go round. Handgun prices may drop a little, but in general, their prices have not had the hefty jumps like Ar's and AK's.

Mark Twain once said “In the beginning of a change the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot.”

"Fears, not years, make men old!" Mac McCallister

Supporting Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    14410 times
    Quote Originally Posted by LonestarJake View Post
    Prices will come down, but not as quickly as the last go round. Handgun prices may drop a little, but in general, their prices have not had the hefty jumps like Ar's and AK's.
    Paid $700 for my Polish 1960. Wonder what it would go for now? Not that I'm thinking of selling it.
    “If taxation without consent is not robbery, then any band of robbers have only to declare themselves a government, and all their robberies are legalized.”
    Lysander Spooner

"No man has a natural right to commit aggression on the equal rights of another, and this is all from which the law ought to restrain him." Thomas Jefferson.

Member #
    Liked
    8116 times
    Of course, weapons and ammo inventory will increase and prices will drop. Just as obviously, 600 dollar rifles will drop from 2k dollars to 900 dollars.
    "It is when people forget GOD, that tyrants forge their chains." ~ Patrick Henry 1775

Member #
    Liked
    2324 times
    I concur with the general sentiment so far. As stated in other threads, even bad news will give some 'stability' to the market, and hopefully open the door for some sanity to return. Once we have time to analyze these EOs and see what collateral damage they cause, things should settle down, somewhat.
    a.k.a. 2LOGICL. While I do not enjoy the misery of others, I do find comfort in it.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    1796 times
    I like to believe it will "normalize". (Maybe I just WANT to believe that.)

I do beleive that much of the frenzy to buy guns comes from non-gun owners who heard "gun ban" and never explored it in the detail that we have done so here at TA. I think in their minds, any and all guns will be banned. We know that this will NOT happen. Yeh - - - - - some inconveniences may be around for some time, but with congress unable -- IMHO -- to pass any kind of total ban on gun sales, things will level off.

To me it's like April 15th. No one does their taxes, and then on the 15th, the PO stays open until Midnight to allow last minute mailing.

I think that majority of people buying now are people who are buying a first gun - - - - - just to have ANY kind of gun at home. I don't blame them, but I beleive it will pass.
    Clark likes this.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Links