Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Is Personal Choice Outfitter's ( in Arizona ) a scam?

Member #
    Liked
    7 times

Is Personal Choice Outfitter's ( in Arizona ) a scam?

I ordered (and paid for online) some extra magazines for both of my new Taurus handguns. I have seen NO progress in the status of the order for over a week; no response from anybody in regards to two or three emails. Their "chat" line is non-functional and Nobody answers the phone...ever!

I Googled them...the results were NOT good! I cancelled my order...via email. Called the credit card company to report a scam / fraud. The credit card company has "put aside" the charges (what ever that means) until they can make contact with the company. Thank God for theft protection on the credit card!

Anybody else have issues with the company? They are out of Arizona.

Member #
    Liked
    8026 times
    Ouch - that DOES not look good. Needless to say - do your research! The CC protection should work for you.
    If we choose, we can live in a world of comforting illusion.
    Noam Chomsky

Member #
    Liked
    12400 times
    I ordered magazines on 12-20-12, status still says order being processed, they arrived yesterday? This was from a different company, but I think they are all in the same boat, just being overwhelmed with orders. Give them a little time, and check your credit card rules to see how long you have to dispute a charge.
    Shooting and Fishing! Life is Good!
    ><((((> ><((((> ><((((> Fish on! <)))>< <)))>< <)))><
    ************************************************** ************************************************
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, its about getting out there and Dancing in the Rain.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    3502 times
    Quote Originally Posted by francqua View Post
    I ordered (and paid for online) some extra magazines for both of my new Taurus handguns. I have seen NO progress in the status of the order for over a week; no response from anybody in regards to two or three emails. Their "chat" line is non-functional and Nobody answers the phone...ever!

I Googled them...the results were NOT good! I cancelled my order...via email. Called the credit card company to report a scam / fraud. The credit card company has "put aside" the charges (what ever that means) until they can make contact with the company. Thank God for theft protection on the credit card!

Anybody else have issues with the company? They are out of Arizona.
    I hope this company is legitimate but as hectic as things have been for awhile a week is no time at all to have to wait. At least in my experience. Hopefully you'll get this resolved to your satisfaction.
    Proud owner of a PT145 since 2008.
    And a PT145SS since 1/2013.

"Let's Roll" - Todd Beamer, Flight 93, 9/11/2001.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    4272 times
    Thanks for letting us know about your problems with this seller.
    "Skeeter"
    NRA Member
    CWP Florida
    FairTax Supporter

Member #
    Liked
    1118 times
    I have had some AR magazines on order since early december from 2 different places. One order arrived last week, and I just got a shipping email from the other tonight. I couldn't contact either by phone or email, so I just crossed my fingers and decided even if i got them a couple months down the road, I got them ordered for $9 each before the craziness started. Maybe I need to sell some.

But luckily for me, both places had good reputations before the backorders, so I felt good about ordering from them, even if it would take a couple months. Having bad reviews doesn't ever make you feel good. Try doing a BBB search on the company and see what that turns up.

Member #
    Liked
    15424 times
    They have an F rating from the BBB:

https://www.bbb.org/central-northern...-az-1000024216

Personal Choice Outfitters International, LLC

Phone: (623) 386-7261 View Additional Phone Numbers 25560 W. State Road Highway #6, Buckeye, AZ 85353 View Additional Email Addresses http://www.personalchoiceoutfitters.com

On a scale of A+ to F Reason for Rating

CUSTOMER REVIEWS:
    https://www.bbb.org/central-northern...stomer-Reviews

12/5/2012 PERSONAL CHOICE OUTFITTERS conducts a fraudulent business. I placed an online order that gave the appearance that the item was in stock. They immediately charged my credit card and sent an order confirmation. I did not receive any information regarding shipping. I tried to contact them, which can take 50 or more calls and or emails to get through, and was told the item would be shipped in another 2 weeks. Six weeks later nothing. I made phone calls that would not allow me to leave a message, others where i left a message that was not answered, and so many unanswered e-mails it wasn't funny. Last week I kept calling, only to get a recording, but kept redialing until an employee answered. He told me that I absolutely would have the item in another 4 weeks. He couldn't answer they had charged my credit card 2 months prior for something they never had or could get in a timely fashion to ship. I told him I wanted my the almost $500 they charged me refunded to my credit card immediately. This weekend I found out at a local gun shop that the item I ordered has been on back order from Ruger for over 6 months. DO NOT ORDER FROM PCO. THEY WILL TAKE YOUR MONEY WHEN THEY DON'T HAVE WHAT YOU HAVE ORDERED. THEY ARE IMPOSSIBLE TO COMMUNICATE WITH. THEY WAY THEY CONDUCT BUSINESS IS FRAUDULENT, AND BORDERS ON BEING CRIMINAL. THEY WILL MAKE PROMISES THEY CAN'T KEEP. This customer had a NEUTRAL experience with this business.
    This customer WOULD NOT recommend the business to a friend, family member, neighbor or colleague.

by DrDog on 12/5/2012 | Submit a Comment | Click to View Comments
    XComments

Report Abuse Neutral experience, my butt! PCO is absolutely the worst experience with any business I have ever had. PCO is terrible. The experience was NEGATIVE X Infinity. by DrDog on 12/8/2012

Negative Experience (8 reviews)
    1/10/2013 SCAM .... They advertise low prices with items in stock. Bill your credit card and never ship you ANYTHING. FRAUD! This customer had a NEGATIVE experience with this business.

by E V. on 1/10/2013 | Submit a Comment
    Was this review helpful to you? YesNo
    1 person found this review helpful.
    1/9/2013 I had the same issue as everyone else. They charged my card, never shipped, and won't answer the phone. I filed a dispute with my bank. This customer had a NEGATIVE experience with this business.
    This customer WOULD NOT recommend the business to a friend, family member, neighbor or colleague.

by Tristan R. on 1/9/2013 | Submit a Comment
    2 people found this review helpful.
    1/5/2013 This company is a scam. I ordered 500$ worth of stuff and no response other than my card being charged. I call everyday but I only get some girl mumbling closing times then hang up!! I disputed my charge and will take my business and $ elsewhere. I should have read about these crooks 1st THEN ordered. Don't buy into the cheap prices! These guys suck! This customer had a NEGATIVE experience with this business.

by Matt B. on 1/5/2013 | Submit a Comment
    12/7/2012 Been eight weeks, three emails, multiple phone calls that led to a full message box. they did call about a problem with my order. But, there was no problem with my credit card. I'm $70.00 lighter!!!! Too late to challenge the charge. What a mistake! This customer had a NEGATIVE experience with this business.

by Rick F. on 12/7/2012 | Submit a Comment
    2 people found this review helpful.
    12/1/2012 A day after I placed my order i sent an e-mail changing my shipping address. A week later, my shipping info never changed. They have not even responded to any of my messages or even picked up their phone. All their voice mailboxes are full. But it took them less than two minutes to suck the money from my bank account. This is unacceptable. If these people are too backed up to process orders then they shouldn't accept new orders till they can deliver quality service. I am never doing business with them again and want my situation resolved immediately. This customer had a NEGATIVE experience with this business.

11/30/2012 Fraudulent Company. Ordered item. CC was charged. Item not shipped. They will not answer phones. Will not respond to emails. Their website live chat is shut down. CC phone dispute number disconnected. This customer had a NEGATIVE experience with this business.

by Joel W. on 11/30/2012 | Submit a Comment | Click to View Comments
    XComments

Report Abuse Same thing happen to me. by Michael R. on 12/4/2012
    Report Abuse Same thing happen to me. by Michael R. on 12/4/2012

Member #
    Liked
    2409 times
    Sounds like a definite scam. Good call on the part of the OP!

Be prepared, though, even places with good reputations are having a hard time being expeditious in the current political climate. Bud's took a couple of weeks last time I ordered.

I just ordered some Taurus mags from Cheaper than Dirt, and tracking says they will be here today. That might be a place to check if you need mags.

Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    thanks for the input...finding mags 9in stock) for new 809c and new 24/7 gen2 is...almost impossible

Member #
    Liked
    3305 times
    I did a little research. Nothing good. I'm beginning to believe they might be a cousin of CTD.
    ozzy likes this.
    Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
    I love my country, but I fear my government.
    "The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil, but by those who watch them without doing anything. Albert Einstein

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Links