Like Tree10Likes
  • 7 Post By LonestarJake
  • 3 Post By jonrjen

Thread: Hog and Ruger .44 Magnum Red Hawk story

Member #
    In a part of Texas where it is so flat, you can watch a mistreated dog run away for three days!
    Liked
    10702 times

Hog and Ruger .44 Magnum Red Hawk story

Less than a month ago, JonJen advertised selling his Ruger Redhawk. A friend of mine wanted one and they made a deal. My buddy has bagged 4 hogs with it since that time. Here are some proof photos

Name:  bainhog.jpg
Views: 3913
Size:  902.8 KBName:  IMG_0001 (2).jpg
Views: 27506
Size:  330.2 KB

This is my serious Joe Outdoor'sman friend who will sit in a tree stand from 10:00 p.m. until 2:00 a.m. with it 10 degrees. He is much more serious of a hunter than I am, but he always brings home the bacon, venison or whatever he is hunting. The only hunting I was ever more successful at was wing shooting. He holds Boone and Crocket Texas records with Compount, Long and re-curved bows, so I wasn't surprised how many hogs he has taken with the Redhawk. He has taken two others with his Compound bow during the same time frame.

Just another side note, JonJen was a great seller to do business with and I think all parties involved were happy.
    mingaa, Wolf1477, mwj999 and 4 others like this.

Mark Twain once said “In the beginning of a change the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot.”

"Fears, not years, make men old!" Mac McCallister

Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    All I can say is, keep up the good work

Member #
    Liked
    623 times
    Nice job and thanks for positive feedback on transactions with the other members.

Rubber band guns
    Pea shooter
    Spitball straw
    Slingshot

Owner and Operator of:
    Magnum Force Arms

Member #
    Liked
    13529 times
    Quote Originally Posted by LonestarJake View Post
    Less than a month ago, JonJen advertised selling his Ruger Redhawk. A friend of mine wanted one and they made a deal. My buddy has bagged 4 hogs with it since that time. Here are some proof photos

Name:  bainhog.jpg
Views: 3913
Size:  902.8 KBName:  IMG_0001 (2).jpg
Views: 27506
Size:  330.2 KB

This is my serious Joe Outdoor'sman friend who will sit in a tree stand from 10:00 p.m. until 2:00 a.m. with it 10 degrees. He is much more serious of a hunter than I am, but he always brings home the bacon, venison or whatever he is hunting. The only hunting I was ever more successful at was wing shooting. He holds Boone and Crocket Texas records with Compount, Long and re-curved bows, so I wasn't surprised how many hogs he has taken with the Redhawk. He has taken two others with his Compound bow during the same time frame.

Just another side note, JonJen was a great seller to do business with and I think all parties involved were happy.
    You have no idea how well that makes me feel that:
    1. The pistol is getting used as it was intended to be used.
    2. That it is in the hands of someone who appreciates it and has the ability utilize it. She was a pretty Safe Queen while I had her, But now she is out of the closet!!!

I wouldn't be doing right if I didn't make note that Lonestar Jake managed to get all the parties together in this transaction. Everyone was a class act....well the seller may have been of questionalbe character being from the big city and all.

Seriously, thanks for the update!!!! And thanks for the kind words.
    In an effort to remain Politically, Socially and Humanly Correct: Please take everything I say with a grain of salt, understanding that I mean to NOT offend any individual, group, sect, affiliation, real or fictitious in nature.

Member #
    Liked
    13529 times
    I stopped to take a good deep look at the photos. At how thick that brush is around him and the hog, then at the other photo where the hog is laying on that bare sandy soil. For the greatest part this photos could have been taken in black and white there is so little color in them. Yet to me it screams volumes of TEXAS loud and clear. Only a Texan could love such a soil, landscape and openess. Beautiful in all it's glory.
    In an effort to remain Politically, Socially and Humanly Correct: Please take everything I say with a grain of salt, understanding that I mean to NOT offend any individual, group, sect, affiliation, real or fictitious in nature.

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    29100 times
    Very good story! Thanks for sharing it!
    ​Venimus, vidimus, nos explodit.

There is nothing in life so bad or so awful that it cannot be made infinitely worse by a lawyer.

Member #
    In a part of Texas where it is so flat, you can watch a mistreated dog run away for three days!
    Liked
    10702 times
    My friend, Mr. Joe Outdoor'sman, has made the observation that his primary goal is complete penetration to have a better blood trail to follow. Magnifying these two kills, it appears both were head shots and I think these two little piggies dropped where they stood.

I think the other two he shot as well as the two taken with his bow wondered off and died. He eventually found them in daylight only 30 yards from where they had been shot. Shooting at night, it is easy to lose track of which way the wounded animal goes. As Mr. Joe Outdoor'sman said, You see a blinding ball of flame followed by a green wall of smoke, (he uses a green illuminator light) so you don't see what direction they are going.

He has been using the 240 grain hollow points he got from JonrJen along with the Red Hawk, but has ordered 300 grain hard cast flat points to develop his own load for hogs, again, wanting complete penetration.
    Last edited by LonestarJake; 01-09-2013 at 09:51 AM.

Mark Twain once said “In the beginning of a change the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot.”

"Fears, not years, make men old!" Mac McCallister

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    28727 times
    Great story, it sounds like all involved had a great deal... well except the hogs...

Hopefully in a couple of weeks I'll be able to fill the freezer with some myself!
    "Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem" (I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery) Thomas Jefferson in a letter to James Madison

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

"If everyone is thinking alike then someone isn't thinking!" General Patton

"If we waited for Washington to tell us when to plant, we should soon want bread." Thomas Jefferson

Member #
    Liked
    1721 times
    Good story. I'll show this to my Son he has been itchin to go hog huntin with his Super Blackhawk.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links