Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Best way to sight in a laser?

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Alright thanks for the suggestions, Since I'm cheap and don't wanna spend anymore I might just try first to sight it with the iron sights, gonna try to find someone in the area with a handgun mount so maybe I can mount it solid and fire it once and then align the laser into the whole that was fired.. Also got my NcStar Green Ultra Compact laser in yesterday.. Had some time to play with it, and Idk.... Maybe the battery it came with is just weak.. Because I can see it fine in the dark but in the day light it just sucks... anyone know if maybe it just needs new battery or if I just need a new laser all together.. haha

Member #
    Liked
    958 times
    You'll love this. I have a Quick Disconnect Laserlyte. I carefully shot at 15 feet using my range bag as a rest (old briefcase). I aimed the light at the center of an N.R.A. pistol target. The shots were at about 5-6 inches to 9 o'clock. When I got home, I took the laser off the gun and put it on a table at about the same distance. I then taped the target on the living room wall with the dot in the center of the target. Holding the laser steady, I moved the dot to the center of the group using the Allen wrench. I re-mounted it on the gun. To quote that famous T.V. cop, Hunter. "Works For Me".
    Taurus PT-92, PT-908, PT-111Mil
    Taurus M-94, M-96, M-605

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MadKaw View Post
    The barrel sticks a fraction of an inch past the slide - I've never had a problem. And yes, for pistol measure as best you can the offset of the laser diode from the barrel and make a paper target with two dots offset by that much. Line up one laser with each dot.
    For rifles I ignore offset since I have to compensate for drop anyway.
    Alright cool. Thanks for all the suggestions, sorry If I reply twice my computer is acting weird.. But I got my new laser in yesterday and got to play with it a little last night and it worked awesome in the dark. But messed with it in the light today and It sucked!!! Couldn't see the dot when it was more than 5-6 feet away from me... NcStar UltraCompact Green laser, Idk if the battery it came with is just crummy or if It is the laser all together, anyone know anything about the lasers? I baught it for $48 I believe?.... on Amazon but idk maybe its just the laser. Really want a green laser but don't wanna spend more than $100 bucks on one
    Last edited by TrailseekingTB; 01-09-2013 at 03:54 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by drummin_man627 View Post
    You'll love this. I have a Quick Disconnect Laserlyte. I carefully shot at 15 feet using my range bag as a rest (old briefcase). I aimed the light at the center of an N.R.A. pistol target. The shots were at about 5-6 inches to 9 o'clock. When I got home, I took the laser off the gun and put it on a table at about the same distance. I then taped the target on the living room wall with the dot in the center of the target. Holding the laser steady, I moved the dot to the center of the group using the Allen wrench. I re-mounted it on the gun. To quote that famous T.V. cop, Hunter. "Works For Me".
    Wow that's some trick lol.. I don't think I'll be able to do all that but that is awesome, I'll give it a thought!! LOL

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links