Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Scenario discussion

Member #
    Liked
    10433 times
    Here's a site that's going around on three forums I visit. It's ringing a "wake up" bell.
    It's a long read, but well worth it.

When the Music Stops: What Happens When the EBT Cards Start Ringing up Zero?
    Bracken: When The Music Stops – How America’s Cities May Explode In Violence | Western Rifle Shooters Association
    Don't worry about the guns, send lawyers and money.

“The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident, which everyone has decided not to see.”
    Ayn Rand

Treason: The betrayal of one’s own country by waging war against it or by consciously or purposely acting to aid its enemies.

Member #
    Liked
    20926 times
    Give the Claymores 3 clicks...
    Southern4x4 and Wolf1477 like this.
    NULLI SECUNDUS

Member #
    Liked
    204 times
    That happened to me in Florida a few years back when a hurricane came through. It was either Charlie or Wilma, can't remember right now. Power was out for about 2 and half weeks. Nobody was roaming the streets looking for food though. National Guard came through a few days after the storm hit, gave out water and such to those that needed it. I stood in line to get some rations and gave it to my mom and dad.

People around here take warnings serious. We don't evacuate around here for the most part 'cause we're a little bit inland so you don't have to worry about flooding, just strong winds and the power going out. We do prepare though. As soon as you know a storm is coming, you stock up on canned good, gas, etc. Stuff sells out pretty quick, an indicator that it's not taken likely.

I was up in the Eastern Shore of Virginia last year around this time, a Category 3 was supposed to hit. I was shocked to see gas stations without the huge lines of cars waiting to fill up. I was even more shocked to get to the local Walmart and see it fully stocked of supplies.

On Topic, if this was a temporary thing and I had more than enough, i'd give out what I could spare. At 3am though, I wouldn't answer the door. If they break in, they eat a serving of buckshot.
    Prefiero morir de pie que vivir siempre arrodillado.

Member #
    Liked
    8102 times
    scenarios are hard work. Bottom line, I want to be kind to people but family always comes first.
    "It is when people forget GOD, that tyrants forge their chains." ~ Patrick Henry 1775

Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Quote Originally Posted by str8loco1 View Post
    On Topic, if this was a temporary thing and I had more than enough, i'd give out what I could spare. At 3am though, I wouldn't answer the door. If they break in, they eat a serving of buckshot.
    Here's where I am with it. Why go outside where you are out numbered in the open. If they have bad intentions, make them break in. Then, deal with it accordingly.
    Wino likes this.
    XD40 Service - Dark Earth
    XD9sc
    SKS 7.62x39

NRA Member

"Fortes Fortuna Juvat"

Member #
    Liked
    1258 times
    Let's see....Cat 4/5 hurricane or equivalent, no electrical power indefinitely, potable water problem, angry folk roaming for food, looting, etc......i'm taking the family away from the mess and will be long gone until order is restored and living conditions improve. That's why my property is well insured. I don't plan to be the next Davy Crockett at a personal Alamo or re-living nights at a landing zone. Defending family and self against a threat that happens is one thing, but having them stay in a risk environment and be concerned about safety due to roving thugs and such for the sake of protecting "stuff" is illogical to me. First responsibility is to family - "stuff" is secondary.
    Wino and Southern4x4 like this.
    US Govt Service: 11 1/2 years Active Army, 12 years Army Reserve, 5 years HQ DHS

"...you never need a gun until you need it badly" - from WEB Griffin's The Honor of Spies, and Victory and Honor.

Member #
    Liked
    22185 times
    First I'd lock the door, then I'd call 911 on my cell phone, which the company got back into operation 7 hours after the event. Then I'd load all my shotguns with #4 shot and make sure everybody in the house was armed.
    Keeper of The Pledge

Elected Perpetual Dictator of the Universe by a landslide.
    ∀xx ∃xy | xx∇xy > 0
    I have ridden a motorcycle faster than Mach 0.25.

"When you have robbed a man of everything, he is no longer in your power. He is free again."—Aleksander Solzhenitsyn

Liberalism without Lies is Bralim.

Member #
    Liked
    204 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironhide24/7c View Post
    Here's where I am with it. Why go outside where you are out numbered in the open. If they have bad intentions, make them break in. Then, deal with it accordingly.
    That's where I'm coming from as well. We're talking hungry people, not a herd of zombies. If they break into your house with ill intentions, stop them. Once one falls, I can't imagine the rest will maintain any intentions of getting inside.
    Prefiero morir de pie que vivir siempre arrodillado.

Member #
    Liked
    170 times
    We don't have many break ins in non-metro S. Indiana.Most folks around here know that alot of homes are armed.I have 4 LEOs that live in my neighborhood.I don't worry much.If you come in and your not invited...the dogs will say hello.If you get passed them ,you meet daddy.Forcible entry into my home is not advised.As for food and supplies...I have a fishing pole and firearms.I can be in the woods or on the water in 15 minutes.I like to help out where I can...but my family and dogs eat first.

Tommotto
    Southern4x4 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    6045 times
    In my neighborhood, Should we have a group of 8-10 ish who are unknown to the neighborhood, I highly doubt that I would be the one pulling the trigger to begin with. We have a very close neighborhood and one shot at 3 AM is all it would take to have the rest of the community to mobilize. I, being the social creature I am, would simply have to attend this neighborhood get-together. It would be the neighborly thing to do.
    Southern4x4 likes this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links