Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Interesting Police Stop Video - Open Carry

Member #
    Liked
    517 times

Interesting Police Stop Video - Open Carry

Interesting video as this guy hit the one in one hundred police officer who would be this non-chalant about the whole thing.
    "None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free."

Member #
    Liked
    14800 times
    Completely different from the Ohio video. I couldn't tell where they were from?
    Always remember to Reduce, Reuse and Recycle your targets
    Reduce them to shreds
    Reuse shoot them more than once
    Recycle whatever is left over

24/7 Pro C 40 S&W PT1911 45 ACP 738 TCP 380 ACP PT111 SS Model 66 .357
    About me - I take very little seriously especially myself.

Ignorance is the lack of knowledge. Stupid is the refusal to do anything about it.

Member #
    Liked
    72 times
    hmmmmmmmmm, dude was lucky...here in Louisiana, without any ID and refusing to ID yourself would probably get you arrested or at least ticketed for being in public without ID...it certainly would not have gone as smoothly as that......
    madjack
    Teardrops and Tiny Travel Trailers
    ...computers allow you to make mistakes faster than anything since tequila and dynamite

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    20604 times
    I'd say they were both within their rights. I think if we had more cops like that guy we would all be better off. This cop knew the law and showed great respect for it!

On the guy taping it, I know this probably won't be popular, but I don't see him doing anything wrong either. He was totally within his rights!
    sandman 11 and A-TEAM 513 like this.
    "Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem" (I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery) Thomas Jefferson in a letter to James Madison

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

"If everyone is thinking alike then someone isn't thinking!" General Patton

"If we waited for Washington to tell us when to plant, we should soon want bread." Thomas Jefferson

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    17934 times
    The LEO handled himself in a superior, professional manner.

The dufus with the open carry gun made himself look like he was trying to hide something. He's giving open carry a black eye, as far as I'm concerned.

If a person is walking down the street, perfectly within his right to open carry a firearm, then why wouldn't he be cooperative enough to at least identify himself to a cordial law enforcement officer on a holiday weekend, instead of attempting to entrap them with a ball cap clip on camera?

I have lived 65 plus years, cooperating with those who are sworn to protect and serve, and I can tell this young feller' is at least two generations beyond me. I'll leave it at that.
    Last edited by MilProGuy; 07-22-2011 at 11:52 AM.

In Memory of Erv Bobo, Supporting Moderator

(Lance0812)
    September 23, 2014

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    20604 times
    I might not have identified myself either, though this cop would make it hard not to, he seems like a nice guy from the video. People don't have to identify themselves to a cop (ie the government) unless they are doing something which is against the law. Which this guy wasn't breaking any laws.

I like the 4th as much as I like the 2nd!
    A-TEAM 513 likes this.
    "Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem" (I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery) Thomas Jefferson in a letter to James Madison

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

"If everyone is thinking alike then someone isn't thinking!" General Patton

"If we waited for Washington to tell us when to plant, we should soon want bread." Thomas Jefferson

Moderator Emeritus

Member #
    Liked
    945 times
    Now like everyone says, the LEO in this case handles things with very correct methods, and respect for the person he is checking. I only hope I am that lucky the next time I have occasion to be in contact with LE.
    ROBBY
    Board Of Directors KC3 http://www.kc3.com/index.html
    NRA Member, GOA Member, NAGR member

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    1537 times
    A well trained police officer. If i didn't know everyone on my local department. I would of said that happened down the street from me.
    SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM
    U.S. Navy (92-97)
    USS Alabama (SSBN 731) blue crew
    USS Philadelphia (SSN 690)

Member #
    Liked
    427 times
    All I want to know about the officer is where can we order a few thousand like him.

Oh, and "Jerry" was a dufus; he had no right to cop an attitude. I strongly suspect he is one of those folks that open carries just so that he can treat the weapon like it is a chip on his shoulder, and walk around waiting for someone to "knock it off".
    The Second Amendment: Protecting the Constitution and Freedom since 1791.

Member #
    Liked
    19 times
    The officer, Matt Lyons, is definitely a rarity, but also a breath of fresh air. He has a lot of experience and showed it there, he is also a Marine Corps vet. Unlike the Harless video which made me embarrassed because he is also a Marine Corps vet, this guy made me proud.

Funny, he is also the author of the department's historical book, lol. Amazon.com: Oceanside Police Department (CA) (Images of America) (9780738531120): Matthew J Lyons: Books

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Links