Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    1796 times

Place to Shoot in Las Vegas? Need some help fast!

My son who lives in Europe will be in Las Vegas next week, so I'm going to fly out to see him. Was going to drive, in which case I would have taken some handguns, but no time to do it.

So - - - - - I need to find some REASONABLE places to shoot. He doesn't get to shoot much at all in Europe (go figure) and looks forward to range time. When he comes to Texas, we usually make at least two trips, and crank off hundreds of rounds.

I checked the web sites of a few places in LV but some of the prices are nutty. For example, one place offers a "package" of a handgun, 20 rounds, and a firing lane for $40. Extra rounds are a buck apiece. Another offers a gun and 20 rounds for $25. (Again, a buck a shot for extra ammo.)

Ouch!!!!! I could only find two places on the web that offered half-way civilized prices: Discount Firearms, and American Shooters. Both seemed to rent pistols for the standard $10 rate, charge $15 for the range, and then buy your own ammo from them. That's what the local ranges charge visitors.

Any of you LV residents know of these two places, and there any more pretty close to town without a 50 mile drive.

Would appreciate any help. And why are the prices so high?

Member #
    Liked
    13 times

Re: Place to Shoot in Las Vegas? Need some help fast!

I grew up in LV, left in 2006 and we used to frequent a mountain outside of LV on Lake Mead Blvd going to Lake Mead on the North Las Vegas side...No Charge. If you want an indoor range, we went to The Gun Store.
    "Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not..." - Thomas Jefferson.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    4879 times

I know they have many shooting ranges there but the friend I had that lived there moved sorry. You should be able to find a reasonable place to shoot.
    When I moved to the south I just didn't bring my things . By the grace of GOD he brought my soul!!"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."
    -- Thomas Jefferson

PT 1911,pt 24/7 45 C DS, M-85

Member #
    Liked
    15 times

the places I shoot are Discount Firearms ($9 range fee unless you rent), American Shooters ($15 for pistol, $25 for rifle, all indoor and very nice), or the Clark County Shooting Park ($7 range fee for pistol and rifle, but it is outside, $6 for 25 clays, but there is a distance to travel...)

I refuse to go to THE GUN STORE that's on Tropicana and McLeod: Can't use lead rounds, and they are more interested in your dollar than helping you. Bass Pro has an hourly shooting range, but considering you can get full range access for a day for as little as $7, it seems bad. There's one more range on blue diamond road, but I don't know it. haven't gone there.
    John D.

Member #
    Liked
    1118 times

I searched "Nevada Gun Ranges" and got this page.
    http://rangelistings.com/state.php?state=NV

Member #
    Liked
    50 times

Isn't goyena up in that area? He might have some suggestions.
    Sherlock
    NRA Member
    Traveling Man - Hoover #770 F&AM
    Freedom exists so long as freemen stand united and devoted to protecting it.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    1796 times

Quote Originally Posted by lvcsslacker

the places I shoot are Discount Firearms ($9 range fee unless you rent), American Shooters ($15 for pistol, $25 for rifle, all indoor and very nice), or the Clark County Shooting Park ($7 range fee for pistol and rifle, but it is outside, $6 for 25 clays, but there is a distance to travel...)
    slacker: THANKS! I called American Shooters and they are much cheaper. $15 for a handgun, $15 for the range, and ammo at their box price. Seems like a better deal than the rest.

If I were driving, I'd take some of my own handguns in the car, but since I'm flying it ain't worth the airline hassle.

Member #
    Liked
    15 times

From what I hear, as long as you let them know in advance you're bringing guns, it's not so bad. A shame you aren't coming here this weekend, there's a gun show.

that aside though, I like American Shooters to rent at... but if I'm just shooting my stuff, I'll go to the shooting park. Plus it's the only place I can shoot clays. They've also got weapons to rent, but their stuff's limited to .22's.

I will say though, do try to bring your own targets. those tend to get pricy.
    John D.

Member #
    Liked
    6 times

Discount Firearms is behind Circus-Circus on the strip. I have shot there a few times and it is nice. Resonable prices. American Shooters is on Arville, between Desert Inn and Spring Mountain-never shot there, but nice people. Had my pistol transferred and got thru them. Clark County Shooting Park is way up north on Decatur, by the mountains. Great facility, been there several times. Only $7 all day, and they have a great cafe next to the shotgun range. Not sure about rentals at CCSP. Hope this helps.
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God. Thomas Jefferson

If "pro" is the opposite of "con", what is the opposite of progress? Just a thought!

Member #
    Liked
    15 times

their rentals are 22 rifles, some shotguns for clays, and bows for their archery range (!).
    John D.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Links