Anyone Understand a New Rule by the NRA for Training? - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree60Likes

Thread: Anyone Understand a New Rule by the NRA for Training?

McE
    Member #
    Liked
    4128 times
    Quote Originally Posted by darbo View Post
    So if capacity is one of the main issues I can't take the course with my semi-auto PT709 due to its limited capacity?
    If that's your only gun, then, shucks I guess you have to buy another. NRA plan working as intended. lol
    darbo likes this.
    Religion-- Giving hope to a world torn apart by religion.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    15732 times
    If you don't carry a Glock 21, which for you old guys actually uses 45AARP, then you don't value your life and the lives of your loved ones.
    glenwolde likes this.
    This world would be a much better place if people would mind their own business. -Me

Who needs the CIA when you have the KGB? - Donald Trump

Sand Lake - All of 'em

Member #
    Liked
    2543 times
    Looking at their FAQs, they are a seperate entity from the NRA. They may be affiliated with the NRA but not under their mantle. And they do allow revolvers/1911s as secondary concealed weapons. The restriction for primary weapons might be for uniformity in training. Conjecture away. The real reason won't be known until someone who is interested in it sends them an email. That person is not me.
    JR and ColoradoJim like this.
    Whatever adjective or verb comes to mind, I am...NotSo.

One of my goals in life is to shoot more people on purpose than I do by accident. So far, so good.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

CWB
    Member #
    Iowa native now living in Missouri on the edge of the Ozarks
    Liked
    22440 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbojama View Post
    Probably has something to do with round capacity for the primary arms portion of the class...
    By that standard, I couldn't use my PT709. If capacity was the criteria, they should just say "All guns must have 15 round capacity" which would eliminate everyone in California.

Probably has more to do with which manufacturer is donating money to them. Now the question is, which company doesn't make a 1911 platform or a revolver? I can think of one for sure.
    Last edited by CWB; 06-19-2017 at 07:10 PM.
    Lmstncwby and kshunter like this.
    μολὼν λαβέ

The safety is on the frame where God and John Moses Browning intended. - Unknown
    Federal HST, when you care enough to send the very best.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Between the Trinity and Brazos Rivers in the real Lonesome Dove.
    Liked
    7389 times
    Quote Originally Posted by CWB View Post
    By that standard, I couldn't use my PT709. If capacity was the criteria, they should just say "All guns must have 15 round capacity" which would eliminate everyone in California.

Probably has more to do with which manufacturer is donating money to them. Now the question is, which company doesn't make a 1911 platform or a revolver? I can think of one for sure.
    Good point. I was thinking the same thing. I believe the consolidation under a common magazine capacity range is short-sighted though keeping things as simple as possible when teaching new pistol shooters how to manipulate their weapons is more a virtue than a vice.
    "Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him, better take a closer look at the American Indian." Henry Ford

"Among a people generally corrupt, liberty cannot long exist." - Edmund Burke

Sand Lake 2014 TA Gathering
    Sand Lake 2016 TA Gathering
    Rapid City 2016 TA Gathering

Member #
    Liked
    31620 times
    Something doesn't make sense. Someone needs to talk to Mr. Ed and get it straight from the horses mouth.
    They recommend a Sig. What about a 225 and it's eight rounds? Could it be they just want striker fired pistols?

There's a reason we're over looking.

For $850.00 you may find the time to teach me to reload my wheel gun quickly.
    Divebum likes this.
    The Constitution was written to constrain the government.
    It's now used to constrain the people.

Speak the Truth, even if it causes your voice to shake.

Member #
    Liked
    18043 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Cariwine View Post
    If you don't carry a Glock 21, which for you old guys actually uses 45AARP, then you don't value your life and the lives of your loved ones.

I kind of like the 45 AARP except that it only travels at 200 FPS and usually forgets where its going after being fired.---
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Member #
    Liked
    39146 times
    And they have now changed their policy to allow 1911's and revolvers

NRA Changes Carry Guard Training Policy, Allows 1911's and Revolvers - The Truth About Guns

Idiots

Start with no credibility and now run a deficit

"Always carry a knife with you. Just in Case there's cheesecake or you need to stab someone in the throat."
    "Do you know what the chain of command is here? It's the chain I go get and beat you with to show you who's in command."
    Friends don't let friends buy Keltecs...
    Molon Labe
    I live in a purple house, you got a problem with that?
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes."

Member #
    Liked
    2145 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbojama View Post
    Probably has something to do with round capacity for the primary arms portion of the class...
    I was thinking that as well but 1911's can do what the rest of the semi's do to reload? Wheel guns "might" be slower to reload but that comes down to who's doing it (they might reload faster than semi's).
    You can feed the problem or the solution.... Whichever you feed is the one that will grow...

Member #
    Liked
    16769 times
    Quote Originally Posted by olfarhors View Post
    I kind of like the 45 AARP except that it only travels at 200 FPS and usually forgets where its going after being fired.---
    ...and gas-operated...
    olfarhors likes this.
    Definition of clip
    : any of various devices that grip, clasp, or hook
    : a device to hold cartridges for charging the magazines of some rifles; also : a magazine from which ammunition is fed into the chamber of a firearm.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/clip

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links