Preferred site/sight configuration

View Poll Results: Preference of sight configuration on handguns?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • 2 Dot Figure Eight type

3 5.88%
  • 3 Dot (including Novacks)

35 68.63%
  • Ramped front sight with a V rear

2 3.92%
  • Front post/Dot rear Square (like with stock GLOCK)

3 5.88%
  • No preference

8 15.69%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: Preferred site/sight configuration

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    11865 times

Preferred site/sight configuration

Looks like BamBam posted a good deal for a Taurus PT1911 8 round/blued/5"/Heine sites in this section earlier today.

In reading thru the description the first time I missed it but caught it on the second look - "IT" being the use of Heine sites instead of 3 dot Novacks, etc.

Wondering what the preferred iron sites platform folks here prefer.

My PT140 and PT145 each came stock with Heine "Figure Eight" sites which I really didn't care for early on. In fact, I swapped out the stock Heines on my PT140 for Williams FireSites in the traditional 3 dot configuration but left the PT145 with the Heines on it.

It took awhile but I have gotten pretty quick acquiring a proper Figure Eight site picture.

My PT1911 came pretty identical to the one BamBam listed except that it came with 3 dot Novacks.

So, my question is: NOT taking laser sites/red dot sites/other aftermarket electronic sighting devices into consideration - what do most of you prefer as your iron sites on handguns (and this can include "Night Sight"/tritium Dot sights).
    Last edited by daytonaredeye; 06-06-2017 at 02:45 PM.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member
    GeorgiaCarry.org

Due to the expulsion of liberal forces in the highest levels of government lately, this signature section is temporarily under reconstruction.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    6997 times
    Three dots.
    daytonaredeye likes this.
    "The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails." - William Arthur Ward
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." - Alexis de Tocqueville
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity." - Robert J. Hanlon
    Nemo me impune lacessit
    ​ No one provokes me with impunity
    NRA Member
    Florida Concealed Carry Permit

McE
    Member #
    Liked
    4128 times
    Basically all of my handguns have a front dot and all blacked rear notch. When I had rear dots, I was still using the daylight around the front post to center the aim, so I blacked out all my rear dots and have been better off, so much so that I even blacked over schmancy night sight rears.
    daytonaredeye and Ralph_Kirk like this.
    Religion-- Giving hope to a world torn apart by religion.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    38843 times
    I had to go with no preference. My PT-145 has the two dot figure 8 that I was fully prepared to replace. For that gun I could not be happier with those sights, so they were not replaced. I have several types of sights and no issues with any of them.
    daytonaredeye and Sekol like this.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

The 2nd amendment is not about hunting or shooting sports, it is about the citizens of this country having the means to protect themselves and the states from the tyranny, oppression, and misery of an over powering government. Modern rifles are a means for the citizens to stand up to an over powering government.

Taurusarmed.net Where are you map?

Member #
    Liked
    3932 times
    I would prefer they be sharp, clear, in focus, not wander all over the the target that it would be nice if it was also sharp and clear. Would also help if it would be still. Never understood how a target stapled to a stationary target stand could move around so much when I start aiming at it? Myself and most older shooters would buy a set or 3 of those regardless of configuration

Member #
    Liked
    3748 times
    I went with "No preference".
    I miss equally well with all sight configurations, heck I sometimes don't even hit the ground.

Member #
    Liked
    534 times
    I went with 3 dots. Much easier for me as I prefer to keep both eyes open when aiming and the high contrast helps with aligning them in my peripheral vision.
    "There's a rebel lying deep in my soul. Anytime anybody tells me the trend is such and such, I go the opposite direction. I hate the idea of trends. I hate imitation; I have a reverence for individuality." -Clint Eastwood

The best ammunition you have is between your ears. Don't ever let that run dry.

Member #
    Liked
    1360 times
    My PT92C has a White Outline rear sight!!??
    I am a Veteran, I am a Husband, Father, Grandfather, Great Grandfather.
    I was labeled a Deplorable, now I'm a Nationalist rather than a Globalist! As a USA Veteran I will proudly wear that to protect our Nation!

Join the fun!

Member #
    Liked
    16769 times
    None of the above.

I like mine big, and black...(don't say it!)

I hate dots, bars, luminescent plastic, red inserts, brass beads.....anything other than black. Wide front post, preferably partridge but a serrated ramp will do. The rear sight just slightly wider that the front post. Not too much light on either side.

Any gun I care about gets sights this way. Some guns that are just utility guns keep their dots.
    Definition of clip
    : any of various devices that grip, clasp, or hook
    : a device to hold cartridges for charging the magazines of some rifles; also : a magazine from which ammunition is fed into the chamber of a firearm.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/clip

Member #
    Liked
    4184 times
    What are these 'sites' of which you speak?

Do you have a link to them?

Seriously, I didn't vote. I prefer black sights with a square rear notch. 3 dots don't bother me but I prefer simple black sights.
    glenwolde likes this.
    Student of the ancient Chinese art of Bang Pow.

Gun Shui adviser

"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant" (1933)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links