Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree79Likes

Thread: 2017 T.A. South Dakota Event

Supporting Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    10089 times
    Quote Originally Posted by kruizer@q.com View Post
    I'll be there with rings on my fingers and bells on my toes and a ring in my nose, HO HO HO!!!
    Better man than I, if you need three

loudviking likes this.

I refuse to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death!

I shoot to support my reloading habit

Until HE comes, or calls me home, here by the power of Christ, I'll stand.

Sand Lake & Rapid City 15, 16 and Lubbock 15

Supporting Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    10089 times
    Rhonda and I are in, as I promised her Horseback riding in the Black Hills, before or after.

Buffalo Chip
    loudviking, Bruntson and Sekol like this.

I refuse to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death!

I shoot to support my reloading habit

Until HE comes, or calls me home, here by the power of Christ, I'll stand.

Sand Lake & Rapid City 15, 16 and Lubbock 15

Member #
    Liked
    175 times
    Ditto on everyone's comments ! Momma Bear & I will also be there again. Last year was great so we can do the same places or anywhere else that you all want to goto.
    Not sure about the badlands tour, we are travelling thurs so maybe we will explore a bit on fri.
    At the end, no-one has ever said "I wish that I had worked more and played less"

Taurus PT1911
    Taurus PT-140 Millennium G2
    SAR Arms K2P
    Ruger SR22

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    38843 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Sekol View Post
    I have cleaned out my in box - and for those of you that don't know - one must clean out one's messages sent box, too!

I am in the process of investigating setting up a tour of the Bad Lands. Fishinkeylargo went last year and said it was great - the tour is 7 hours (drive out, tour around the park, drive back to Rapid City) so we would need to do it on Thursday Sept 7th becasue we have sooo many wonderful things scheduled - but I'll be sure to post all the particulars once I get them!
    I personally enjoyed the Badlands. I did not go on a set tour, I drove in from a back entrance stopped anywhere that peaked my interest, walked several trails and continued on to the main entrance. Original plan was to jump on highway and head back to Rapid City. Decided to turn around and drive back out the way I came in. Glad I did, the afternoon views heading the other way were completely different than the morning views coming in.
    Sekol and loudviking like this.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

The 2nd amendment is not about hunting or shooting sports, it is about the citizens of this country having the means to protect themselves and the states from the tyranny, oppression, and misery of an over powering government. Modern rifles are a means for the citizens to stand up to an over powering government.

Taurusarmed.net Where are you map?

Member #
    Liked
    20504 times
    The Badlands National Park REALLY looks like a whole different world!

It is a great place for history, natural science, and geology buffs! I did look into getting a tour, but it is 7 to 8 hours and is right around $130 per person. Those of us that took the bus tour to Custer, Mt Rushmore and Needles Highway that loudviking set up for us 3 years ago really enjoyed having someone else drive so that we could see all the sights! Since the tour to the Badlands is so long, it would have to be BEFORE we kick off our Meet, Greet, Shoot, and Eat that Starts on Friday September 8th. As many of us have a tough time just taking just those few days off, the tour to the Badlands may not work out, but it sure does looks like a unique place to visit! If you are interested - post it up!

Meanwhile - I've been investigating places to have our first night Eat and Greet session on Friday night September 8th! Loudviking had proposed this place a few years ago, but again - we ran out of time to do all that we wanted to! So - I am proposing it for our first night together - the Fort Hayes Old West Chuckwagon Supper and Show!

It's like a dinner theater/cowboy music variety show - only in south Dakota, right? I've talked with the folks there and they can arrange it so that everyone in our group can be seated together. The cost is $29 per person and it runs from 6:30 pm to about 8:30 pm. It sure looks like fun and would be something new for all of us to try. Again - post, please, your input on our Friday night dinner at the Fort Hayes Chuckwagon supper show!
    Jake3501 likes this.
    Spit happens, so make the most of everyday!
    "Never give up. Never surrender." Galaxy Quest, 1999
    Happiness is always Having Enough 22lr ammo!

Maryland is for Crabs!

Member #
    Liked
    175 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Sekol View Post
    The Badlands National Park REALLY looks like a whole different world!

It is a great place for history, natural science, and geology buffs! I did look into getting a tour, but it is 7 to 8 hours and is right around $130 per person. Those of us that took the bus tour to Custer, Mt Rushmore and Needles Highway that loudviking set up for us 3 years ago really enjoyed having someone else drive so that we could see all the sights! Since the tour to the Badlands is so long, it would have to be BEFORE we kick off our Meet, Greet, Shoot, and Eat that Starts on Friday September 8th. As many of us have a tough time just taking just those few days off, the tour to the Badlands may not work out, but it sure does looks like a unique place to visit! If you are interested - post it up!

Meanwhile - I've been investigating places to have our first night Eat and Greet session on Friday night September 8th! Loudviking had proposed this place a few years ago, but again - we ran out of time to do all that we wanted to! So - I am proposing it for our first night together - the Fort Hayes Old West Chuckwagon Supper and Show!

It's like a dinner theater/cowboy music variety show - only in south Dakota, right? I've talked with the folks there and they can arrange it so that everyone in our group can be seated together. The cost is $29 per person and it runs from 6:30 pm to about 8:30 pm. It sure looks like fun and would be something new for all of us to try. Again - post, please, your input on our Friday night dinner at the Fort Hayes Chuckwagon supper show!

Sounds like fun Sekol
    Bruntson and Sekol like this.
    At the end, no-one has ever said "I wish that I had worked more and played less"

Taurus PT1911
    Taurus PT-140 Millennium G2
    SAR Arms K2P
    Ruger SR22

Member #
    Liked
    24092 times
    Chuckwagon and show open carry? Just thinking.....
    Sekol likes this.
    Taking this country back....one job at a time!

In memory of BUTT. Thanks for, your wisdom, your humor and your willingness to pass it on. You ARE missed.

YES, I am a "bean people" !

Supporting Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    5032 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rodfair View Post
    Chuckwagon and show open carry? Just thinking.....
    You showing up Rod?........................
    Sekol likes this.
    Know guns, know peace, know safety.
    No guns, no peace, no safety.

Member #
    Liked
    24092 times
    Quote Originally Posted by loudviking View Post
    You showing up Rod?........................

I wish!
    Sekol, loudviking and Bruntson like this.
    Taking this country back....one job at a time!

In memory of BUTT. Thanks for, your wisdom, your humor and your willingness to pass it on. You ARE missed.

YES, I am a "bean people" !

Member #
    Liked
    20504 times
    Rod, that would be FAAAAAAABULOUS if you & your family would come out & join us. Otherwise, we may send a contingent down to Florida to visit.....and they'll all crash at your place!
    rodfair and Bruntson like this.
    Spit happens, so make the most of everyday!
    "Never give up. Never surrender." Galaxy Quest, 1999
    Happiness is always Having Enough 22lr ammo!

Maryland is for Crabs!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links