Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Another reason *I* feel it's good to have a gun at home -- 15 y/o raped @ home

backstory...Many years ago when I was in high school... my friends and I were at a party and we heard another one of our friends screaming from a bathroom.

She was being raped by a guy whom *we* didn't know, but he knew others there. After we busted the door down, he did NOT make it out of the bathroom and we had to spend hours cleaning it up after the cops left. None of us were arrested nor charged, as we were helping her, but that guy spent more than a few days in the hospital (and later jail).

And as strange as it may sound now a days, there were no drugs nor alcohol involved at the party...

moving to today...how this guy got away to escape after being caught raping this girl just makes me wonder what I would do if I awoke to a friend or family member being raped. Ok, nevermind. I know the answer.

From http://www.abcactionnews.com/news/lo...9Uk1ymxwA.cspx

Detectives:Bradenton man caught trying to rape teen
    Reported by: Chad Cookler
    Email: ccookler@abcactionnews.com
    Last Update: 8:48 pm

BRADENTON, FL -- Detectives say a Bradenton man was caught trying to rape a teenager after he broke into the girls home early Sunday morning.

The Manatee Sheriff's Office says around 1 a.m. adults who live at a home in the 600 block of 27th Avenue West heard the 15-year-old victim saying "stop, get off me" and rushed to the girl's room.

They found 32-year-old Gregory Johnson on top of the girl with his pants down. Detectives said Johnson got into a fight with one of the men in the home. They were able to hold him down for a while but he managed to break free and escape, according to investigators.

He made several incriminating statements before getting into the fight, detectives said.

Detectives located Johnson later that day and arrested him.

According to detectives Johnson is known to the residents was causing a disturbance in the area earlier in the day. They said he had knocked on the victim's door and was told to leave, but later broke into the home through a window.

Detectives said Johnson has also groped an woman sleeping in the same room as the teen before attacking her.

The girl, who was staying at the home because her mother is ill, was taken to Manatee Memorial Hospital to be treated for her injuries.
    [glow=blue,5,400]*State of Florida Weapons & Firearms Statute Ch. 790 link below*[/glow]
    http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&URL=Ch0790/titl0790.htm

*"When seconds count, the cops are just minutes away"*

~Colt .38 Special Official Police~Taurus PT145 3rd Generation~

Member #
    Liked
    184 times

Re: Another reason *I* feel it's good to have a gun at home -- 15 y/o raped @ home

Some on this forum will say that he didn't have a weapon, so the threat of life was not an issue, thus not warranting the use of deadly force. I myself, having a daughter and confronting a situation like this would "fear for the life of my daughter" and take the appropriate action.
    "The internet: where men are men, women are men, and children are FBI."

"The nine millimeter is for killing europeans, for truely dangerous people you need a .45."
    Col. Jeff Cooper

" George Washington didn't use his right to free speech to defeat the British, he shot them."

"Life is tough...it's even tougher if you're stupid." John Wayne

Member #
    Cape Cod, People's Republik of Massachusetts
    Liked
    1 times

Re: Another reason *I* feel it's good to have a gun at home -- 15 y/o raped @ home

Quote Originally Posted by Oldster
    Some on this forum will say that he didn't have a weapon, so the threat of life was not an issue, thus not warranting the use of deadly force. I myself, having a daughter and confronting a situation like this would "fear for the life of my daughter" and take the appropriate action.
    And I think you would be right to do so. There's a tremendous disparity of force between a grown man and a 15-year-old. The question would be how much force is too much, what's the "appropriate action". Holding him at gunpoint til the cops arrived, yeah. Shooting him, probably not. Just my opinion.
    “A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity.” Sigmund Freud

"Be not afraid of any man no matter what his size. When danger threatens, Colt (Taurus!) will equalize."

“I don't give people hell, I just tell the truth and they think it's hell”. –President Harry Truman

Member #
    Liked
    39 times

If it were my daughter, and I was there to do something, I'd make sure he didn't do it ever again.

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    10269 times

Quote Originally Posted by Oldster
    Not having a gun on him is one thing, but raping my daughter is a whole different kettle of fish.

Castle law is very clear - if you felt that your life of the life of a loved one was in mortal danger, you can take steps to defend.
    You all may go to hell, and I will go to Texas - Davy Crockett

"Beware the fury of a patient man." - John Dryden

When Leonidas was preparing to make his stand, a Persian envoy arrived. The envoy explained to Leonidas the futility of trying to resist the advance of the huge Persian army and demanded that the Spartans lay down their arms. Leonidas told Xerxes "MOLON LABE", or "Come And Get Them."

NRA member and proud Texas CHL holder

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    13503 times

Where a family member is concerned, I don't care if he has a weapon or not. And like ttg says your covered under Castle, so the perp assumes room temperature.
    Texas is neither southern or western. Texas is Texas!

Texas friendly, spoken here.

Member #
    Liked
    27 times

If I caught someone in my daughters room and she was being attacked. He/she would be moving on to the after life. Period!!!
    I love my Taurus PT 24/7 Pro C. My life depends on it!
    Backed up by a PT 738.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

smokewagon i hear that i hope the air condtioner is set real low judge me not
    judge me not / IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS FEEL FREE TO TAKE A STAND IN FRONT OF THEM / 29th LETS GO

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Re: Another reason *I* feel it's good to have a gun at home -- 15 y/o raped @ ho

Quote Originally Posted by Smokewagon
    Where a family member is concerned, I don't care if he has a weapon or not. And like ttg says your covered under Castle, so the perp assumes room temperature.
    +1
    VERY well said sir!
    I have a feeling my Saiga 12 would leave a big mess to clean up though...
    -Wes
    H&K P7M8 "Combat" 9mm.
    H&K USP Combat Comp. Hybrid-LEM 9mm.
    Colt Detective Special(gen III) prototype .38

War does not determine who's right, only who's left...

Member #
    Liked
    3 times

Re: Another reason *I* feel it's good to have a gun at home -- 15 y/o raped @ ho

Florida law states you can use deadly force to prevent a felony.

776.012 Use of force in defense of person.--A person is justified in using force, except deadly force, against another when and to the extent that the person reasonably believes that such conduct is necessary to defend himself or herself or another against the other's imminent use of unlawful force. However, a person is justified in the use of deadly force and does not have a duty to retreat if:

(1) He or she reasonably believes that such force is necessary to prevent imminent death or great bodily harm to himself or herself or another or to prevent the imminent commission of a forcible felony; or

(2) Under those circumstances permitted pursuant to s. 776.013.
    NRA Member

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Links