Number of magazines per handgun that you have - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Like Tree78Likes

Thread: Number of magazines per handgun that you have

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    21202 times
    I have a Colt Navy .36 caliber replica that I have not fired since I built it. My indoor ranges will permit them, but I am not wanting to spend 20.00 to fire 42 shots. I did buy some new caps and will get out with it this Spring.
    CaptainMorgan likes this.
    A good sign with a gun never stopped a bad guy with a gun.

Super Moderator

Member #
    The end of the road between Sodom and Gomorrah Texas
    Liked
    19321 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Czechbikr View Post
    I have a Colt Navy .36 caliber replica that I have not fired since I built it. My indoor ranges will permit them, but I am not wanting to spend 20.00 to fire 42 shots. I did buy some new caps and will get out with it this Spring.
    You CAN get you a conversion to .38 special, or in my case, .45ACP. Mine's a Howell conversion cylinder. It's in a '58 Remington, though. Be a little more hassle to take the barrel off the colt to pull the cylinder, but not much. I also have 3 cylinders for my Colt and 3 for my Remington. You could load 'em all at the house, then fire 'em at the range. If you had 8 spare cylinders, you would have the equivalent of almost a box of cartridge ammo to shoot up all at once. I keep my Remmy loaded with .45 ACP by the bed and shoot .45ACP in it, not because I'm too lazy to load cap and ball, but because I'm too lazy for the clean up afterwards. Too, the Remmy needs a bit of cleaning of the cylinder pin after about every 18 rounds. The Colt's design goes much longer before the cylinder starts to bind on the goo, like 50 rounds or so.

All this might sound like too much work for lazy autoloader fanatics who can afford factory ammo, but they just don't know the fun they're missing.
    Taurus Rossi
    M85UL M511 Sportsman
    M66 3" blue M68 3"
    M66 4" Nickel M92 Carbine in .357 Mag
    M605 Poly Protector

Member #
    Liked
    737 times
    I have 4 mags for my PT111 G2, 5 for my 1911, couple of speed strips for my 38, and am looking for mags for my XD40.

Quote Originally Posted by NativeTexan View Post
    You folks who are too lazy to load at the range DEFINITELY need to stay away from cap and ball revolvers.

I rather enjoy shooting and loading my cap and ball. I sit on the back porch at the table, or in my loading/shooting room and load the gun, then step off the porch to whatever yard line I wanna shoot from an blast away. Makes for a nice day. And, heck, it's no more pain than having to pick up all that brass and then reload the ammo, which I also do. I'm just doing my reloading at the time, not in batches of 50.

If course, I've been run off a couple of indoor ranges with my cap and ball stuff. That's why I don't go to anyone else's range anymore, just enjoy my own.
    That's one reason I bought the Rough Rider. It's not cap and ball but loading takes a little bit unless you swap out the cylinder and will help me not shoot up ammo so fast.
    "No man can be condemned for owning a dog. As long as he’s got a dog he’s got a friend and the poorer he gets the better friend he has." - Will Rogers

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    729 times
    6 for the Caniks and 10 for the 1911s.
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Ben Frankin-

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    19321 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutt View Post
    I have 4 mags for my PT111 G2, 5 for my 1911, couple of speed strips for my 38, and am looking for mags for my XD40.

That's one reason I bought the Rough Rider. It's not cap and ball but loading takes a little bit unless you swap out the cylinder and will help me not shoot up ammo so fast.
    I have a few single actions.....
    Last edited by NativeTexan; 01-11-2017 at 08:42 AM.
    Mutt likes this.
    Taurus Rossi
    M85UL M511 Sportsman
    M66 3" blue M68 3"
    M605 Poly Protector

Member #
    Liked
    969 times
    On average?........whatever they were shipped with.

Many are interchangeable (Glock, CZ-Canik-Tristar)......but I usually just mark them for what they fit and toss them in an ammo can.

I only keep one 20-rounder with hollow points and one 30-rounder with .40 FMJ LOADED for my M&P nightstand gun.

If that's not enough....the zombies can take me.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    19321 times
    Quote Originally Posted by paulky_2000 View Post
    On average?........whatever they were shipped with.

Many are interchangeable (Glock, CZ-Canik-Tristar)......but I usually just mark them for what they fit and toss them in an ammo can.

I only keep one 20-rounder with hollow points and one 30-rounder with .40 FMJ LOADED for my M&P nightstand gun.

If that's not enough....the zombies can take me.
    Zombies? I was under the impression that only an AR could stop a zombie. But, then, I don't watch "Walking Dead".
    Taurus Rossi
    M85UL M511 Sportsman
    M66 3" blue M68 3"
    M605 Poly Protector

Member #
    Liked
    17165 times
    Zombies? I was under the impression that only an AR could stop a zombie. But, then, I don't watch "Walking Dead".
    actually its all about shot placement, not caliber!
    You haven't been paying attention to all the post it seems on self defense!!!------
    paulky_2000 likes this.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    19321 times
    Quote Originally Posted by olfarhors View Post
    actually its all about shot placement, not caliber!
    You haven't been paying attention to all the post it seems on self defense!!!------
    But, I was told the reason for having an AR in the first place was zombies. Hmmm.....
    Taurus Rossi
    M85UL M511 Sportsman
    M66 3" blue M68 3"
    M605 Poly Protector

Member #
    Liked
    17165 times
    But, I was told the reason for having an AR in the first place was zombies. Hmmm.....
    I think Mingaa told you that!!
    you do know that his family is in the used car business , right?
    Did he tell you it was a one owner and low mileage??
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links