Number of magazines per handgun that you have - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree78Likes

Thread: Number of magazines per handgun that you have

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    14518 times
    Whatever they come with except for the Glock. I've got 5 or 6.
    CaptainMorgan likes this.
    This world would be a much better place if people would mind their own business. -Me

Who needs the CIA when you have the KGB? - Donald Trump

Sand Lake - All of 'em

Member #
    Liked
    15682 times
    Depends on the gun!
    I got about 30 Extra 1911 45acp mags, so I may have as many as 40-45 for one 1911??
    seriously a lot of my mags are changeable like the EAA mags and the CZ mags.
    I can likely round up 5-6-7 mags for most each gun I have but I shoot for at least 3 for each weapon, pretty sure I have that at least.
    even the Sig 238 has 4 mags for it.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Super Moderator

Member #
    The end of the road between Sodom and Gomorrah Texas
    Liked
    17875 times
    I have speedloaders, but first a Safari Land, then an HKS messed up on me and wouldn't dump. I really don't trust 'em anymore. Besides, speed STRIPS are not much slower and are far easier to carry in a case, no lumps. Of course, too, I always have at least one, usually 2 NY reloads on me. I carry speed strips for two revolvers (.38 and .357) and the .22 isn't speedy. The .38 speed strip can also feed the .357, of course.
    CaptainMorgan and 45 Forever like this.
    Taurus Rossi
    M85UL M511 Sportsman
    M66 3" blue M68 3"
    M66 4" Nickel M92 Carbine in .357 Mag
    M605 Poly Protector

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    6857 times
    I have a bunch of speed strips when you get used to them you can load almost as fast. We had a Moderator NYPD that was a ex LEO that could hold a speed strip rolled in between his thumb and pointer finger. Like a speedloadeer he was very good. I wish he would drop in sometimes.
    NativeTexan and Sekol like this.
    When I moved to the south I just didn't bring my things . By the grace of GOD he brought my soul!!"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."
    -- Thomas Jefferson

PT 1911,pt 24/7 45 C DS, M-85

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    24110 times
    I have 2 to 3 magazines for each pistol, and a pair of speed strips for revolvers. Never felt a need for any more than that.
    NativeTexan likes this.
    ​All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse, and a good wife.

Texas friendly, spoken here.

Member #
    Liked
    15093 times
    I like at least five for the more expensive double stacks. Cheaper single stacks like 1911's I keep more. The $50 High Standard .22 mags are killing me. But here's the deal. If you sell the gun don't sell it with the mags. You can usually get most of your money back selling them separately. Don't even tell the buyer you have them, he'll expect you to throw them in. Just sell them after you get rid of the gun. I sell the gun only with what came with it when I got it.
    45 Forever likes this.
    Definition of clip
    : any of various devices that grip, clasp, or hook
    : a device to hold cartridges for charging the magazines of some rifles; also : a magazine from which ammunition is fed into the chamber of a firearm.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/clip

Member #
    Liked
    3515 times
    At least 5 for each gun. I have that many just because I can.
    FreeInAZ and 45 Forever like this.

CWB
    Member #
    Iowa native now living in Missouri on the edge of the Ozarks
    Liked
    18318 times
    3 for my PT709, three for my two PT58ss, and maybe 14 or 15 that all fit my PT92/99/100/917,one of which is a 30 round. When I bought my 917, it came with 7 mags. Eight 30 round and one 40 round for my AR. One 100 round for my Calico with a broken one that still holds 10 or 12 rounds. A 40 round and a 10 round for my 10/22. A twenty round for my Feather Arms .22 and one 10 round for my Ruger original. And two speed loaders always ready for my wife's Colt 38 nightstand pistol.

I'm working on getting a new (to me) pistol and will try to get at least 3 spares plus the one that comes with it.
    Last edited by CWB; 01-11-2017 at 08:29 AM.
    μολὼν λαβέ

The safety is on the frame where God and John Moses Browning intended. - Unknown
    Federal HST, when you care enough to send the very best.

Member #
    Liked
    2760 times
    My rule of thumb is: six mags per model minimum. Why? Mags are the heart & soul of a soul of a semi automatic. Should the manufacture discontinue making them, you have spares and as those wear down with use, the parts can be scavenged to keep the pistol running on at least two mags for a long time.

Just my practice - YMMV.
    Last edited by FreeInAZ; 01-10-2017 at 10:19 PM.
    Mutt likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    36108 times
    My goal is a minimum of 5 per handgun. When I achieve that then I will consider adding a couple more. Some I already have more then 5 because of good deals. Some have less because of limited availability from Taurus.

Rifles are another story.
    FreeInAZ likes this.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

The 2nd amendment is not about hunting or shooting sports, it is about the citizens of this country having the means to protect themselves and the states from the tyranny, oppression, and misery of an over powering government. Modern rifles are a means for the citizens to stand up to an over powering government.

Taurusarmed.net Where are you map?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links