Number of magazines per handgun that you have - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree78Likes

Thread: Number of magazines per handgun that you have

Member #
    Liked
    1216 times
    I have at least two for each handgun, but a few of them can be interchanged with different models.
    CaptainMorgan likes this.
    PT-911 SS, PT909, PT111 G2, PT140 G2,

Member #
    Liked
    2508 times
    Wow, didn't really expect to hear such high numbers on handguns, expected it on the ARs and maybe the 1911s. The cost is a factor certainly.... At $30 bucks or more per mag its a consideration. If they were $5 or $10 I would get more easily.
    I have actually considered trying to find an 809 compact so I could use the same mags and selling the 111G2. I like redundancy and simplicity and using the same mags and possibly swapping parts would help that.

Taurus PT809
    Taurus PT111 Millennium G2
    Ruger 10/22
    H&R Pardner Protector 12 gauge
    Stevens Model 66B
    Gone but not forgotten
    Remington 870 Express 12 gauge
    Smith & Wesson 686 6" S.S. 357 Magnum

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    6857 times
    I keep between 6 to 12 for several handguns. My Xd-9 wich is my main house gun and carry I have 12 all loaded. My PT-145 I have 6, PT 1911-10 and a Bucket for my AR you just never know!
    When I moved to the south I just didn't bring my things . By the grace of GOD he brought my soul!!"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."
    -- Thomas Jefferson

PT 1911,pt 24/7 45 C DS, M-85

Super Moderator

Member #
    The end of the road between Sodom and Gomorrah Texas
    Liked
    17875 times
    Wow, didn't really expect to hear such high numbers on handguns, expected it on the ARs and maybe the 1911s.
    I only have 5 for my new AR and only the one in the gun is loaded. Oh, I have a 10 rounder for hunting and shooting off the bench.
    Taurus Rossi
    M85UL M511 Sportsman
    M66 3" blue M68 3"
    M66 4" Nickel M92 Carbine in .357 Mag
    M605 Poly Protector

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    21273 times
    I generally have 2-4 spare mags per gun, depending on how many I think I need.

Don't ask me about my AR. I'd have to go count them, and I probably wouldn't disclose anyway.
    You all may go to hell, and I will go to Texas - Davy Crockett

"Say When." - Doc Holliday

When Leonidas was preparing to make his stand, a Persian envoy arrived. The envoy explained to Leonidas the futility of trying to resist the advance of the huge Persian army and demanded that the Spartans lay down their arms. Leonidas told Xerxes "MOLON LABE", or "Come And Get Them."

NRA member and proud Texas LTC holder

Member #
    Liked
    19131 times
    Interesting responses! Here, in MD, when you transport your firearm to the range, the mags must be unloaded. Yep, you have to wait until you get to the range to load your mags!

For me, I think 6 mags is an optimum number because in MD the max mag capacity is 10 and if you have 6 you have a backup in case one of the 5 it takes to load up a box of 50 rounds goes south!
    Spit happens, so make the most of everyday!
    "Never give up. Never surrender." Galaxy Quest, 1999
    Happiness is always Having Enough 22lr ammo!

Maryland is for Crabs!

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    19308 times
    Yep, I didn't even go into AR territory. I have a mix of 30 and 20 round P-Mags, love the 20 rounders for the added clearance to the bench and a few metal 30 round capacity. Still have to dedicate the ones for 300 AAC and paint/label them to absolutely preclude major screwups. Pretty certain that I wouldn't confuse them, but if I am shooting with someone else it will serve to remind me to educate them.
    45 Forever and CaptainMorgan like this.
    It is difficult to gain the truth from the media in this age. It is a huge puzzle with small pieces. In order to solve it, one must have perseverance, all of the pieces, imagination, time, and most of all...the desire to put the picture together. Our real trouble is that there are far too few people today with the desire to do this.

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    21273 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Sekol View Post
    Interesting responses! Here, in MD, when you transport your firearm to the range, the mags must be unloaded. Yep, you have to wait until you get to the range to load your mags!

For me, I think 6 mags is an optimum number because in MD the max mag capacity is 10 and if you have 6 you have a backup in case one of the 5 it takes to load up a box of 50 rounds goes south!

Dang Sekol, thats a bunch of crap.....I guess I didn't realize that Maryland was so repressive. You're welcome to move down to God's Country anytime you and the hubby want to.
    CaptainMorgan and Sekol like this.
    You all may go to hell, and I will go to Texas - Davy Crockett

"Say When." - Doc Holliday

When Leonidas was preparing to make his stand, a Persian envoy arrived. The envoy explained to Leonidas the futility of trying to resist the advance of the huge Persian army and demanded that the Spartans lay down their arms. Leonidas told Xerxes "MOLON LABE", or "Come And Get Them."

NRA member and proud Texas LTC holder

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    19308 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Sekol View Post

Gosh, you almost make me happy ti live in ILLinois.
    It is difficult to gain the truth from the media in this age. It is a huge puzzle with small pieces. In order to solve it, one must have perseverance, all of the pieces, imagination, time, and most of all...the desire to put the picture together. Our real trouble is that there are far too few people today with the desire to do this.

Member #
    Liked
    3503 times
    Three is my minimum for bottomfeeders. One in the gun, one for a spare, one to rotate with. The current max is a dozen or so.

Speed loaders for the wheelguns is a horse of a different color. They are simple, cheap, last forever and don't take up a lot of room. If you have a wheel gun, there's no such thing as too many speed loaders.

The minimum is 2- I buy 2 for every wheelgun I get when I get it. But, since many guns share a common size speed loader, I ended up having 6 or 8 that will work with a particular gun even if they weren't bought specifically for it. Colt D frames will take Smith K and L frame speed loaders and vice versa (as will Dan Wesson .357's) and 44 and 45 Colt N-frames will work off the same ones, too, (same rim diameters).

The most I have of one particular model speed loader is 15 for my primary carry and the truck gun- 4 (2 carry loads, 1 cast lead reloads, 1 snake shot) in the truck, 4 (all carry loads) on the belt I keep handy for the rare times when I feel the necessity to OC around the house, with 4 are scattered around the house 'handy' (3 carry loads, 1 snake shot) and 3 for concealed carry.
    mingaa likes this.
    Student of the ancient Chinese art of Bang Pow.

Gun Shui adviser

"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant" (1933)

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links