Wow, never saw that coming! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Wow, never saw that coming!

Member #
    Liked
    734 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Panda View Post
    I just heard on the news that the Texas Legistlature will be considering Constitutional Carry of firearms in the coming year. No more classroom training or licenses to carry a firearm. I knew it would be an interesting year, but now they have my full attention.
    We don't have to take any classes in Indiana and they are pushing for Constitutional carry again this year. I already have my lifetime permit so I am good reciprocity wise ( except for a few states I probably won't visit or just drive through anyways).
    "No man can be condemned for owning a dog. As long as he’s got a dog he’s got a friend and the poorer he gets the better friend he has." - Will Rogers

Member #
    Liked
    3979 times
    The people have spoken by their vote, now maybe the government will start to listen.

Member #
    Liked
    33613 times
    Quote Originally Posted by NativeTexan View Post
    Good news! If it passes, I'll probably keep my LTC. It helps speed up gun purchases if nothing else and it's OH so easy to re-up. 35 bucks and 10 minutes on the computer.
    Some of us youngsters pay more than $35

Harassment aside, I do also plan on keeping mine if it passes. Both for travel and purchase ease.
    "Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem" (I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery) Thomas Jefferson in a letter to James Madison

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

"If everyone is thinking alike then someone isn't thinking!" General Patton

"If we waited for Washington to tell us when to plant, we should soon want bread." Thomas Jefferson

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    192 times
    If they get a national concealed carry reciprocity agreement going that would mean the people in constitutional carry states could carry anywhere with no permit. That would be nice.

Member #
    Liked
    33613 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Poly_Protected View Post
    If they get a national concealed carry reciprocity agreement going that would mean the people in constitutional carry states could carry anywhere with no permit. That would be nice.
    I don't think it would.

Reciprocity has to do with recognizing specific licenses. If there is no license there is nothing to recognize so no reciprocity. Basically, you would not be able to carry in a state that required a license unless you had a license in your state. That's my understanding.
    Poly_Protected likes this.
    "Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem" (I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery) Thomas Jefferson in a letter to James Madison

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

"If everyone is thinking alike then someone isn't thinking!" General Patton

"If we waited for Washington to tell us when to plant, we should soon want bread." Thomas Jefferson

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    37871 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasAviator View Post
    I don't think it would.

Reciprocity has to do with recognizing specific licenses. If there is no license there is nothing to recognize so no reciprocity. Basically, you would not be able to carry in a state that required a license unless you had a license in your state. That's my understanding.
    That is the problem Vermont has. They have constitutional carry and do not issue any permits. They only have reciprocity with 8 states. Any one legal to own a gun can carry in Vermont.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

The 2nd amendment is not about hunting or shooting sports, it is about the citizens of this country having the means to protect themselves and the states from the tyranny, oppression, and misery of an over powering government. Modern rifles are a means for the citizens to stand up to an over powering government.

Taurusarmed.net Where are you map?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links