I got evicted.... - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree79Likes

Thread: I got evicted....

Member #
    Liked
    3003 times
    Well it looks like it worked out well in the end. I have a gun room and shop in the basement. My wife doesn't care about it but but often complains about how much time I spend down there. Sometimes you just can't win!

P.S. I hope you had the good sense to build it with screws instead of nails just in case!
    FreeInAZ, Yissnakk and Cariwine like this.
    "I can't fix stupid but I can fix stupid's dog"

Taurus PT111 G2, Taurus 709 Slim, Ruger Blackhawk .45LC/.45ACP, High Standard Double Nine .22/.22WMR, AR-15 .223/5.56 PSA, Herter's FN Mauser 30.06, Remington 572 Fieldmaster Pump .22, Savage 93R17F, Mossberg 715T, Raven P25

Member #
    Almost Michigan Almost Ohio - bat country!
    Liked
    3792 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyC2639 View Post
    Well it looks like it worked out well in the end. I have a gun room and shop in the basement. My wife doesn't care about it but but often complains about how much time I spend down there. Sometimes you just can't win!

P.S. I hope you had the good sense to build it with screws instead of nails just in case!
    My better half actually suggested that I build the room - and I always use screws .

She'll still complain about how much time I spend out there though...
    "Trump Administration - Punching everyone in the face since 2017!"
    -anonymously accredited to ISSMER

Member #
    Liked
    374 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Yissnakk View Post
    ...from my mancave (still looking for a suitable name though)!

In the last episode of "Cave of Man"...

Our intrepid hero, finding the conditions in his garage near intolerable for reloading regardless the season (either too cold, too hot, full of mosquitos or full of spiders and other bugs, or - squirrels!) migrated his reloading operations to the spare bedroom upstairs, bothering no one in the process.

Life was good and, throughout the hot summer months and inclement weather of Autumn, our hero loaded over 6000 rounds of 9mm, .380, 10mm, .45ACP, .223, and 7.62x39. Life was good.

It was then, after finding comfort and solace, that his nemesis struck! The monster, known only as "Wyfe", ascended the stair perilous and breached his perimeter, issuing its terrifying battle cry, "LOOKATTHISMESS! WHATSALLTHISCRAPINHERE!". Then the Wyfe roared out the ultimate blasphemy, "THATHOPPES#9STINKS! GETITOUTTAHERE!"; which shattered the heroes resolve.

Stunned and disheartened, our hero did what any red blooded American would do - he defended himself and his cave from the encroacher; but alas, to no avail - the Wyfe was simply too powerful!

Defeated, he dragged his battle-worn carcass back out to the garage to lick his wounds - and then it struck him! That garage is simply enormous! He could build himself a new cave! It would be risky, and could provoke the Wyfe yet again, but if done right, could actually maybe even pacify the beast!

The obligatory "before" shot (well, before I built anything but after being evicted):

Attachment 247025

The "old" Mancave:

Attachment 247073

Attachment 247081

Construction began:

Attachment 247097

Attachment 247105
    1. How did you get that press mounted sideways like that?

2. I am not sure calling her a beast will win you points. I would hope WYFE doesn't read the board! Might end up having to move the Man Cave to a tree house...
    Yissnakk likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    33613 times
    Good luck in the construction!

I personally like the build it in the garage idea best. That way you can put two doors between you and the wife!
    Yissnakk likes this.
    "Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem" (I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery) Thomas Jefferson in a letter to James Madison

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

"If everyone is thinking alike then someone isn't thinking!" General Patton

"If we waited for Washington to tell us when to plant, we should soon want bread." Thomas Jefferson

Member #
    Almost Michigan Almost Ohio - bat country!
    Liked
    3792 times
    Quote Originally Posted by AZM66 View Post

1. How did you get that press mounted sideways like that?
    The pic I uploaded was in oriented in the right direction. The photo handler in the forum turned it sideways for me .

Can't reload like that, the case feeder won't work!

Quote Originally Posted by AZM66 View Post
    2. I am not sure calling her a beast will win you points. I would hope WYFE doesn't read the board! Might end up having to move the Man Cave to a tree house...
    SHHHH!!! She might hear you!
    AZM66 likes this.
    "Trump Administration - Punching everyone in the face since 2017!"
    -anonymously accredited to ISSMER

Member #
    Liked
    3986 times
    Nice story, hope you don't have to abandon it anytime soon.
    Yissnakk likes this.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Sponsored Links