My LGS was broke into by a pickup truck!
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree64Likes

Thread: My LGS was broke into by a pickup truck!

Member #
    Liked
    12872 times

My LGS was broke into by a pickup truck!

Just saw on the local news tonight that my favorite local gun store, Bulldog Firearms in Rio Rancho, NM was smashed into by a pickup truck and robbed this past Monday!

https://video-dft4-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/...aa&oe=58662D5E

Unreal! I've been shopping there for years, and my oldest son used to work there. I'll have to check in on them tomorrow, see how they're doing.

Man, I really hope they catch those fools.
    One should not carry a firearm that works well when everything goes right, but, rather one that will carry the day when everything goes wrong.

Member #
    Liked
    21320 times
    I can't tell from the video if the thieves covered their license plate number, or if that was added by the video editors. But they've got faces. And I'm sure Bulldog has insurance.

Seems like it's our civic duty to get down there and buy a gun to help them out when they reopen!

Wow. Just wow.
    Yissnakk and WoodyUSSLUCE like this.
    "It is wonderful, in the event of a street fight, how few bullets seem to hit the men they are aimed at." Ranch Life and the Hunting Trail, Theodore Roosevelt, 1888

Member #
    Liked
    3121 times
    Interesting. They sure didn't take much. They obviously had specific weapons in mind and only a few. If you're gonna risk prison grab a bunch lol! Personally I would have just taken all the .22 LR ammo.
    switchbow and CaptainMorgan like this.
    "I can't fix stupid but I can fix stupid's dog"

Taurus PT111 G2, Taurus 709 Slim, Ruger Blackhawk .45LC/.45ACP, High Standard Double Nine .22/.22WMR, AR-15 .223/5.56 PSA, Herter's FN Mauser 30.06, Remington 572 Fieldmaster Pump .22, Savage 93R17F .17

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    5040 times
    It happened to the shop I work at earlier this year. Guy drove his girlfriends SUV through the front doors, got the vehicle stuck and had to leave it. They got several 10 22's, a few Hi Points pistols and carbines but they did over $30,000 damage to the building and more to the cases, register, ammo rack and other stock.
    WoodyUSSLUCE likes this.
    Character and Ethics count, don't leave home without them. Or your CCW!

Member #
    Liked
    22735 times
    It's clearly time to institute some pickup truck control measures......'coz ya' know this hadda' be some SSI recipient that bought this truck at a truck show or some kind of straw purchase arrangement, prob'ly had a high capacity fuel tank too. Even worse, I'll bet it was black and full automatic! Only the military should have vehicles like that, we can't continue to allow common citizens to have access to these death machines!
    Ammo will get you through times of no money, better than money will get you through times of no ammo.

Criminal's lives DON'T matter!

Member #
    Liked
    916 times
    If they(LGS) would store the cylinders, firing pins, slides, bolts etc. in a locked safe most of these break-ins would yield useless weapons and thus the break-ins would diminish or at least the robbers would move on the an easier target.
    Taurus PT99 AF, FNS-40, FNX-40, Mauser P.08 9mm, Desert Eagle .50ae, Savage XP 30-06

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    4387 times
    Quote Originally Posted by kschilk View Post
    It's clearly time to institute some pickup truck control measures......'coz ya' know this hadda' be some SSI recipient that bought this truck at a truck show or some kind of straw purchase arrangement, prob'ly had a high capacity fuel tank too. Even worse, I'll bet it was black and full automatic! Only the military should have vehicles like that, we can't continue to allow common citizens to have access to these death machines!
    It's coming. I wonder if you will be able to do that with the self driving pick-up trucks coming in the future.
    kschilk and WoodyUSSLUCE like this.
    Owner Taurus PT740 Slim
    Kimber Compact Stainless II
    SW BodyGuard .380
    Windham Weaponry AR-15 SRC
    Mosin Negant
    Pre-serial Springfield Model 87A
    Florida CWP
    GOA Member
    Florida Carry Member
    New NRA Life Member

“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
    ― Thomas Jefferson

Member #
    Liked
    17664 times
    That's been going on around this area for quite a while, usually they use a stolen truck/car to bust open the wall or doors.
    Its a weekly thing here.
    I guess some of these shop owners haven't figured out how to place those nice steel, concrete filled pipes set into the ground around the exterior of the building yet??
    things have been looking up though, just last week 1 gun shop robber got shot and killed , and 2 Car Hi jackers went to Hell to try and hijack the devils chariot!
    now its time to start firing a few up that are stealing cars at gas pumps!
    course you would kind of think that most people would know not to leave them running or the keys in the ignition when they pump gas??
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Almost Michigan Almost Ohio - bat country!
    Liked
    4018 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TrucksNCoffee View Post
    Just saw on the local news tonight that my favorite local gun store, Bulldog Firearms in Rio Rancho, NM was smashed into by a pickup truck and robbed this past Monday!

https://video-dft4-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/...aa&oe=58662D5E

Unreal! I've been shopping there for years, and my oldest son used to work there. I'll have to check in on them tomorrow, see how they're doing.

Man, I really hope they catch those fools.
    That is so weird! Some guys did the exact same thing to ZXGUN in Ft. Wayne, IN a couple of months ago! I guess they didn't realize that everything (gun wise) gets put into a safe after closing. Still, messed the place up. I will probably buy my RAC from them :-)
    Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty.
    - R. A. Heinlein

Member #
    Liked
    22735 times
    Quote Originally Posted by olfarhors View Post
    .....................I guess some of these shop owners haven't figured out how to place those nice steel, concrete filled pipes set into the ground around the exterior of the building yet??............................................. ........
    Unfortunately, there can be some serious liability issues there, depending on the state. Kinda' strange how it works but some places, like here, you can be sued if someone crashes into any installed obstacle on your property (trees, pillars, stones, etc) and pretty much under any circumstances.
    Yissnakk likes this.
    Ammo will get you through times of no money, better than money will get you through times of no ammo.

Criminal's lives DON'T matter!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links