My LGS was broke into by a pickup truck! - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree64Likes

Thread: My LGS was broke into by a pickup truck!

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    20728 times
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodyUSSLUCE View Post
    That is getting common, they will still large vehicles esp SD trucks and use them as rams to break in. Hopefully they have good insurance to help out with the costs !
    This can't last long. Trucks are gettin' lighter every year and pretty soon......there won't be anything made that could break through a glass door.
    Ammo will get you through times of no money, better than money will get you through times of no ammo.

Criminal's lives DON'T matter!

Member #
    Liked
    841 times
    Quote Originally Posted by olfarhors View Post
    ... I guess some of these shop owners haven't figured out how to place those nice steel, concrete filled pipes set into the ground around the exterior of the building yet?? ...
    All the LGSs here have exactly that - I was just at mine this afternoon. There are three lalley (sp?) columns in front. I also wonder if that's why BPS and Academy put the gun bar and ammo well inside the store.
    olfarhors likes this.
    Only a truly primitive society blames inanimate objects for the actions of its citizens.

" A man who is good enough to shed his blood for his country is good enough to be given a square deal afterwards. More than that no man is entitled to, and less than that no man shall have." - Theodore Roosevelt

Member #
    Liked
    841 times
    Quote Originally Posted by kschilk View Post
    Unfortunately, there can be some serious liability issues there, depending on the state. Kinda' strange how it works but some places, like here, you can be sued if someone crashes into any installed obstacle on your property (trees, pillars, stones, etc) and pretty much under any circumstances.
    Not here apparently. Some years ago, there was a rash of fine, upstanding, misunderstood waifs using cars to run down mailboxes. The local spokesman for the police department suggested (and did) this: two railroad cross ties, set vertically in concrete, slightly in front and on either side of his mailbox. Some days later, he heard a crash out front. Went out to find various auto body parts on the ground near the cross tie and an unscathed mail box. Those shenanigans stopped.
    Car_Doc and olfarhors like this.
    Only a truly primitive society blames inanimate objects for the actions of its citizens.

" A man who is good enough to shed his blood for his country is good enough to be given a square deal afterwards. More than that no man is entitled to, and less than that no man shall have." - Theodore Roosevelt

Member #
    Liked
    15682 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mingaa View Post
    IF you got a break on your insurance for adopting this practice it would help offset the time/cost of the daily process.

If most or all shops did this - yeah, it could curtail the practice --- or encourage an increase in safecracking as a 'profession'!!
    IT really slows the process down when you are trying to hoist guns and Merchandise through a hole in the roof as opposed to 6-7--8 guys running in through a open hole in the wall or door and loading up the vehicle with the stolen goods.
    its about slowing the bad guys down if they insist on trying this crap.
    motion detectors in the ceiling kind help with roof top burglars as well.
    its a combination of several things to help.
    every gun shop/ pawn shop robbery that I have seen in the last 12-18 months since this became popular did not have the steel pipe barriers in the sidewalk around the store.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Member #
    Liked
    22714 times
    They are called bollards:

Name:  IMG_5969.JPG
Views: 34
Size:  80.8 KB

This design looks pretty serious:
    Name:  IMG_5970.JPG
Views: 36
Size:  154.5 KB
    If we choose, we can live in a world of comforting illusion.
    .................................................. ...........................................
    Noam Chomsky

Member #
    Liked
    15682 times
    we southerners call them "Truck hanger uppers", but good to know the real name!
    some are very decorative, some are plain jane it seems around here.
    mingaa likes this.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Member #
    Liked
    12091 times
    I just stopped at Bulldog. The truck was, indeed, stolen, been recovered since. The perpetrators were idiots, stole a few cheap guns and totally ignored the big buck rifles and high end 1911s worth a whole lot more. Retired cop who's a regular there says it was probably kids and a spur of the moment thing.
    Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.

“What’s just has been debated for centuries but let me offer you my definition of social justice: I keep what I earn and you keep what you earn. Do you disagree? Well then tell me how much of what I earn belongs to you – and why?” – Walter E. Williams

Member #
    Liked
    12091 times
    They're open for business, with tire skid marks still on floor. Now that really adds some character to the place!
    Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.

“What’s just has been debated for centuries but let me offer you my definition of social justice: I keep what I earn and you keep what you earn. Do you disagree? Well then tell me how much of what I earn belongs to you – and why?” – Walter E. Williams

Member #
    Liked
    1099 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jseymour View Post
    It's coming. I wonder if you will be able to do that with the self driving pick-up trucks coming in the future.
    Don't even talk about self driving vehicles, they are a bigger threat to my well being than any criminal. When they come along they could put a serious hurt on my lively hood. Not to mention that I think putting your life in the "hands" of a computer at 70 MPH is crazy.
    kschilk likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    147 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mingaa View Post
    They are called bollards:

Name:  IMG_5969.JPG
Views: 34
Size:  80.8 KB

This design looks pretty serious:
    Name:  IMG_5970.JPG
Views: 36
Size:  154.5 KB
    I say turn the yellow ones around and the vehicle gets hung up and can't drive away
    TrucksNCoffee and mingaa like this.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links