Budsgunshop.com… Caution
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree113Likes

Thread: Budsgunshop.com… Caution

Member #
    Liked
    34 times

Budsgunshop.com… Caution

Ordered a new Charter Arms for my fiancé. (Christmas Gift)
    Added her name to my account
    Paid close to 700.00 for Revolver, grips etc. etc. from a joint account.
    FFL close to her house to be used for transfer.

Got a call from them days later saying they needed to speak to her to verify she was the transferee.
    I explained that the is was a Christmas gift etc. Further I explained that I was having it shipped to a FFL in her name
    because she was the one who was going to fill out & sign as owner, the NCICs form

Spoiler alert, told her about her gift, she called as requested . Terri Spoke to James several times.
    Because Terri didn't know the specifics, I gave her the invoice with the model number etc. which they requested from her.

Buds (James) grilled her on the caliber cartridge etc. Because shooting is a new to Terri, she did not know a lot.

After several phone calls by Terri and myself, they decided they 'Were not comfortable with the sale'

So after many days, many phone calls, I have decided that these people are just too much of a hassle to deal with.
    My recommendation is that if you can find what you need at a competitive price somewhere else,

AVOID BudsGunShop.com, What a monumental PIA

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    14874 times
    Is that some Florida thing? I bought a gun for my wife, filled out all the paperwork and handed it over to her when the occasion rolled around. She's legal. I'm legal. It was a gift.

Do you have to do a background check for face to face transfers there? I've bought and sold guns before without doing anything. It's called the Gun Show loophole by Senator Shumer.
    This world would be a much better place if people would mind their own business. -Me

Who needs the CIA when you have the KGB? - Donald Trump

Sand Lake - All of 'em

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    6021 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rjmelehan View Post
    Ordered a new Charter Arms for my fiancé. (Christmas Gift)
    Added her name to my account
    Paid close to 700.00 for Revolver, grips etc. etc. from a joint account.
    FFL close to her house to be used for transfer.

Got a call from them days later saying they needed to speak to her to verify she was the transferee.
    I explained that the is was a Christmas gift etc. Further I explained that I was having it shipped to a FFL in her name
    because she was the one who was going to fill out & sign as owner, the NCICs form

Spoiler alert, told her about her gift, she called as requested . Terri Spoke to James several times.
    Because Terri didn't know the specifics, I gave her the invoice with the model number etc. which they requested from her.

Buds (James) grilled her on the caliber cartridge etc. Because shooting is a new to Terri, she did not know a lot.

After several phone calls by Terri and myself, they decided they 'Were not comfortable with the sale'

So after many days, many phone calls, I have decided that these people are just too much of a hassle to deal with.
    My recommendation is that if you can find what you need at a competitive price somewhere else,

AVOID BudsGunShop.com, What a monumental PIA

I buy from Bud's many times a year. Sounds like you complicated the issue. IMO, you should have let her buy the gun online and have it sent to the FFL of her choice.
    hombre

Never forget...9/11/01

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    14874 times
    I bought my dad a 1911 last year. Wrapped it Christmas paper and watched his eyes light up like a 5 year old when he opened it.
    This world would be a much better place if people would mind their own business. -Me

Who needs the CIA when you have the KGB? - Donald Trump

Sand Lake - All of 'em

Member #
    Liked
    7785 times
    Heh. The whole thing sounds strange. It really is none of their business who does what, as long as the gun is shipped to a FFL, and there is a NICS check. I've purchased guns and shipped under my name with my wife doing the background check on our end. So next time - have it shipped in your name. Your fiance can do the paperwork... Buds don't care, as long as they get their $.
    A government that robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul - G.B. Shaw

Member #
    Liked
    2111 times
    Or you can buy it in your name and transfer it to hers later.
    FreeInAZ and RustyYoungMan like this.
    Whatever adjective or verb comes to mind, I am...NotSo.

One of my goals in life is to shoot more people on purpose than I do by accident. So far, so good.

Member #
    Liked
    862 times
    Quote Originally Posted by NotSo View Post
    That's the way it's done in my state at least, all perfectly legal under federal law, as long as it's truly a gift. (and also that you're not gifting it to someone that you reasonably should know is prohibited from owning a firearm) I don't know if Florida has some additional state laws in this regard or not however.

Member #
    Liked
    2111 times
    Quote Originally Posted by NotSo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pegasus View Post
    That's the way it's done in my state at least, all perfectly legal under federal law, as long as it's truly a gift. (and also that you're not gifting it to someone that you reasonably should know is prohibited from owning a firearm) I don't know if Florida has some additional state laws in this regard or not however.
    To be clearer, take it to a FFL and document the transfer. I love my wife but won't risk going to jail for her.
    Whatever adjective or verb comes to mind, I am...NotSo.

One of my goals in life is to shoot more people on purpose than I do by accident. So far, so good.

Member #
    Liked
    16174 times
    It is not only their legal duty, but also their livelihood to watch out for anything that could be construed as a Straw Purchase.

I'm sorry for your frustration but my hats off to Buds for being on top of their game. And to be clear about it, I'm not a bid fan of Bud's.
    hombre243, darbo, 88keys and 6 others like this.
    In an effort to remain Politically, Socially and Humanly Correct: Please take everything I say with a grain of salt, understanding that I mean to NOT offend any individual, group, sect, affiliation, real or fictitious in nature.

Member #
    Liked
    2672 times
    Well I may be wrong but I think it's the FFL's job to scrutinize the purchase. Isn't that exactly what his job is?
    "I can't fix stupid but I can fix stupid's dog"

Taurus PT111 G2, Taurus 709 Slim, Ruger Blackhawk .45LC/.45ACP, High Standard Double Nine .22/.22WMR, AR-15 .223/5.56 PSA, Herter's FN Mauser 30.06, Remington 572 Fieldmaster Pump .22, Savage 93R17F .17

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links