Budsgunshop.com… Caution - Page 6
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Like Tree113Likes

Thread: Budsgunshop.com… Caution

Member #
    Liked
    739 times
    Quote Originally Posted by FLShutterbug View Post
    Regarding the 4473 question 11A as far as if you are the actual transferee, at the time of the transaction if you had the Florida FFL receive the firearm and conclude the transfer at their Florida place of business, you would have legally been the actual transferee, not your fiancé. So answering Yes to that question would have been factual. You knowing that you were going to transfer the firearm to your fiancé at a later date as a gift was not relevant to that transfer. As long as you knew that she could have legally conducted the transfer if she was the one making the purchase, it would be legal and not a "straw purchase". A "Straw purchase" is when the ultimate known recipient of a firearm is known to not be able to legally conduct the transfer and someone else who is able to legally conduct the transfer does so for them. I agree with what some others have said, you gave too much information. Question 11A does not reach into the future openly until forever. I do not actually know if there is a limit to the window of applicability.
    I thought I saw somewhere something about the recipient residing in another state (Texas ?) I don't think if you live in Florida you can legally transfer a handgun as a gift to to someone in Texas without going through a Texas FFL, even if the recipient isn't a prohibited person.
    olfarhors likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    392 times
    Quote Originally Posted by NotSo View Post
    Or you can buy it in your name and transfer it to hers later.
    Exactly!! That is how I did the 32 mag I bought from Buds for my wife.
    "She said her name was Emergency and asked to see my gun....said her telephone number was 911"

Member #
    Liked
    31 times
    Quote Originally Posted by pegasus View Post
    I thought I saw somewhere something about the recipient residing in another state (Texas ?) I don't think if you live in Florida you can legally transfer a handgun as a gift to to someone in Texas without going through a Texas FFL, even if the recipient isn't a prohibited person.
    You are correct that the transfer needs to go through an FFL dealer in each state. That also helps insure there is a proper paper trail should the firearm involved be stolen at some point to be able to prove that you properly transferred the firearm to another person which will cause the ATF agents to leave your house and go talk with the person you transferred the firearm to. What I do not know about is if the person you wish to gift the firearm to were to visit if it would be legal to just give them the firearm.

Member #
    Liked
    1050 times
    I've bought 5 guns from Bud's; never had an issue or problem with them at all. Almost always the lowest price and great layaway/financing deals. I also appreciate the lifetime warranties they offer on guns whose manufacturers don't already offer one.

Victoria Faveat Paratam
    Ethos Anthropos Daimon

Member #
    Liked
    32 times
    Quote Originally Posted by pegasus View Post
    Pegasus,

Good points! I'll research that.

The whole issue is now moot. I came to Texas for Christmas. Called a local dealer who ordered the items I had planned to buy through Bud's
    The price ended up being the same after all was said and done including taxes.

So Texas is going to receive tax money and I support a local gun dealer.
    Win win.

Thanks to all that have contributed to the conversation.

Bob

Member #
    Liked
    32 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mark7mod0 View Post
    Exactly!! That is how I did the 32 mag I bought from Buds for my wife.

Mark,
    Which 32 Mag did you buy? & Does she like it?

Bob

Member #
    Liked
    32 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rjmelehan View Post
    Ordered a new Charter Arms for my fiancé. (Christmas Gift)
    Added her name to my account
    Paid close to 700.00 for Revolver, grips etc. etc. from a joint account.
    FFL close to her house to be used for transfer.

Got a call from them days later saying they needed to speak to her to verify she was the transferee.
    I explained that the is was a Christmas gift etc. Further I explained that I was having it shipped to a FFL in her name
    because she was the one who was going to fill out & sign as owner, the NCICs form

Spoiler alert, told her about her gift, she called as requested . Terri Spoke to James several times.
    Because Terri didn't know the specifics, I gave her the invoice with the model number etc. which they requested from her.

Buds (James) grilled her on the caliber cartridge etc. Because shooting is a new to Terri, she did not know a lot.

After several phone calls by Terri and myself, they decided they 'Were not comfortable with the sale'

So after many days, many phone calls, I have decided that these people are just too much of a hassle to deal with.
    My recommendation is that if you can find what you need at a competitive price somewhere else,

AVOID BudsGunShop.com, What a monumental PIA
    Buds cashed my ACH check on 12/21... They declined to sell the item and promised to refund the money to my account.
    It has been 13 calendar days instead of the 3-5 business days they represented.

tick tock

Member #
    Liked
    882 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rjmelehan View Post
    Buds cashed my ACH check on 12/21... They declined to sell the item and promised to refund the money to my account.
    It has been 13 calendar days instead of the 3-5 business days they represented.

tick tock
    So they're slow to ship more than just merchandise. Hmmmmm. Methinks the holidays may have slowed that down a smidge. I wonder if they're treating it like a paper check (no refund 'til they're sure it cleared).
    Only a truly primitive society blames inanimate objects for the actions of its citizens.

" A man who is good enough to shed his blood for his country is good enough to be given a square deal afterwards. More than that no man is entitled to, and less than that no man shall have." - Theodore Roosevelt

Member #
    Liked
    32 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TaurusPT140 View Post
    So they're slow to ship more than just merchandise. Hmmmmm. Methinks the holidays may have slowed that down a smidge. I wonder if they're treating it like a paper check (no refund 'til they're sure it cleared).
    They may have treated it that way but the funds were withdrawn from my account on 12/21, the day after I processed the order on 12/20...
    I'm sure it will be straightened out....

Member #
    Liked
    762 times
    I have had some major issues with them recently. Including buying a new S&W 627 that was supposed to be brand new but that had clearly been fired repeatedly and had a cracked grip frame. Was pretty much told to stuff it.
    Dyin ain't much of a livin' boy.....

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Sponsored Links