Another shooting in Orlando - Page 17
Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
Like Tree267Likes

Thread: Another shooting in Orlando

Member #
    Liked
    2923 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasAviator View Post
    I'm with Wino, This guy had problems. It wouldn't surprise me to find out the their supposition is correct, in a me thinks thou doth protest too much sort of way.

I wouldn't read much into his "association" with ISIS either. He could easily claimed he was doing it in the name of the southern baptists, Hinduism, Atheism, the Tampa Bay Rays or the San Francisco 49's... Just because someone claims to be doing something in the name of an organization doesn't mean he is part of that organization or they gave him some sort of material help.
    That mode of thinking is the modern equivalent of the Maginot Line.

People looking for "direct contact" will be completely blindsided, because the Millennial Generation does not need "direct contact" to create an organization and to operate as an organization. ISIS leaders wear GoPro cameras on their chests and transmit their atrocities to their eager wannabees in real-time over Periscope.

The attack here in Garland TX (the one that sent my own wife and daughter scurrying for cover) was one such. Local Sunni mosques inculcate a "soft" Salafi message, radicals online push a "hardline" Salafi message. Add a bit of the normal adolescent disaffectation, then combine it with the total social media immersion of the Millennial generation (something most of us who formed individual personalities before the Web don't really grasp even exists), and you get more and more attacks in the US from people who are very effectively directed by ISIS, yet have never had "direct contact" with any ISIS leaders.
    "Failure requires maximum effort. If you didn't give it 100%, you didn't fail...you quit."
    "When calling for air support, never give them your own coordinates." -- Major Swain US Army
    "You have attributed conditions to villainy that simply result from stupidity" -- Robert A. Heinlein
    "Never frighten a man smaller than you; he'll kill you." -- Robert A. Heinlein
    "Never offend people with style when you can offend them with substance" -- Sam Johnson

Member #
    Liked
    33638 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
    That mode of thinking is the modern equivalent of the Maginot Line.

People looking for "direct contact" will be completely blindsided, because the Millennial Generation does not need "direct contact" to create an organization and to operate as an organization. ISIS leaders wear GoPro cameras on their chests and transmit their atrocities to their eager wannabees in real-time over Periscope.

The attack here in Garland TX (the one that sent my own wife and daughter scurrying for cover) was one such. Local Sunni mosques inculcate a "soft" Salafi message, radicals online push a "hardline" Salafi message. Add a bit of the normal adolescent disaffectation, then combine it with the total social media immersion of the Millennial generation (something most of us who formed individual personalities before the Web don't really grasp even exists), and you get more and more attacks in the US from people who are very effectively directed by ISIS, yet have never had "direct contact" with any ISIS leaders.
    I disagree. I think it is the proper way to think about it. Otherwise you end up chasing ghosts and miss the real problem.

You have to see the threat for what it is. Someone who just says they are affiliated is not a member. If you start going after groups if they are smart all they have to say they are are baptists, or methodidsts or buddihists or jewish... Then what are we supposed to do? Go after those groups?

Now if say the methodists ( I pick on them because I was one at one point) were to start mass shootings and directed suicide attacks then that is different.

In any conflict you have to know your enemy to have the best chance to defeat them. Lumping differing enemies together under one umbrella isn't knowing your enemy. It was true in Sun Tzu's day and it is true now.

I'd argue in fact that lumping them together is the Maginot Line equivalent. By doing so you are turning a blind eye to the low countries and the forests.
    "Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem" (I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery) Thomas Jefferson in a letter to James Madison

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

"If everyone is thinking alike then someone isn't thinking!" General Patton

"If we waited for Washington to tell us when to plant, we should soon want bread." Thomas Jefferson

Member #
    Liked
    20974 times

Obama: Orlando Shooter Made ‘Last Minute Decision’ To Pledge Allegiance To ISIS

MOLON LABE

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    20974 times
    Name:  OrlandoTerrorist.jpg
Views: 124
Size:  38.8 KB
    MOLON LABE

Member #
    Liked
    20974 times

Orlando shooting dad a longtime cia asset

I heard this mentioned this so I started looking for more information on the shooters dad and his CIA connections.

ORLANDO SHOOTING DAD A LONGTIME CIA ASSET - Daniel Hopsicker's MadCowNewsDaniel Hopsicker's MadCowNews
    MOLON LABE

Member #
    Liked
    4463 times
    Orlando Gunman Was a Pulse Nightclub Regular, Used Gay Dating App

Don't know if this got posted or not, but his friends say he was a frequent patron of Pulse.

Member #
    Liked
    20974 times
    MOLON LABE

Member #
    Liked
    13418 times
    My Brother posted this on FB. Don't know where he found the info, but he is usually pretty good at digging things up.

Well it seems the lamestream media gets it wrong again. The Orlando shooter did not use an AR-15 rifle. He used a Sig Sauer MCX carbine, a modular, multi-caliber (able to swap to different calibers, including 5.56 NATO, 300 BLK, and 7.62×39) rifle system that sometimes utilizes STANAG magazines common to more than 60 different firearms, but otherwise has no major parts that interface with AR-15s in any way, shape or form. But then accuracy has never been a virtue for the lamestream press. What has not been reported is what caliber the weapon was chambered in. This makes a huge difference. I suspect it was not the soft shooting 5.56 NATO as there should have been far fewer casualties with that round. Why no calls from the lamestream media for Muslim control?

Member #
    Liked
    13418 times
    Another one of those won't let me edit a post.
    So, found it. Did NOT use the AR-15.

Orlando Shooter Did Not Use An AR-15, But Who Cares. A Narrative Is Building | RedState

JR
    Member #
    Liked
    8573 times
    Sorry to say, but it's the administration of our government who are chasing ghosts and missing the real problem. How is it that we suddenly don't think that confessions are acceptable? He had pledged allegiance to ISIL months ago. That is why he was a subject under investigation, and purportedly on watch lists. Apparently, until the attack, he was under suspicion of being a terrorist. Suddenly, after he kills 49, and wounds 53, he's NOT under that same assumption? Really?

What is hard contact? He had traveled to Saudi Arabia in the near past. Who he met with there is not clear. Does one have to MEET with the heads of terror groups to become a member of their clique? This is all political BS, from an administration that cannot afford to actually get tough on terror. It might cause a shift in the voting pattern of the Muslim population, and their apologists, if America actually did something but wring it's hands. In the age of the Internet, criminal syndicates use that medium to do business. We routinely accept that those in the line of the emails and information are guilty of violating law. If your association through the Internet makes you guilty of criminal activity without that hard contact, why should it be any different with terrorism?

Pretty soon, you'll be required to attend a certified terrorist academy, graduate, then present a notice of affiliation, signed by the head of the group, before America can say that you committed a terrorist act.

Just an aside, but you'll note that Obama again blamed ALL gun owners for the "violence". Yet, we shouldn't point out that same issue with Muslims.

I agree that it's not every Muslim that is a problem. That would be like blaming every Jew for the actions of a few in the Middle East. Oh, wait, our president does THAT, as well. Never mind.

Truly, we're overthinking this. The man swore allegiance to ISIL. ISIL warned Florida, and only a few other states to expect an attack three days before it occurred. He told the Police that he supported them during the stand-off. ISIL has claimed that the attack was done on their behalf, as well. That's a LOT of thinking on the part of a group not known for it's strategic planning. In America, it's going to open up a lot of questions if it's accepted that this WAS even an ISIL fomented attack. Questions like this will make the Democratic Party look incompetent during an election year. Watch the fancy footwork, and the hedging and dissembling. The more there is, the m ore we can expect another dropped b all on terror.
    "The past is another country, he did things differently there."

Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links