Taurus Firearm Forum banner

Wife's target with repaired Para 45 LDA

807 views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  rollin thunder 
#1 ·
Wife was rather happy with this target, so I thought I would encourage her by posting it up for my TA.net fambly to see.
Target at 10 yards, all shots accounted for (a few flew into same hole, making it a little bigger):

Font Illustration

Keep in mind that she only shot 1 mag through this pistol before I got my accident-prone mitts on it, necessitating a trip to Para. So this is basically still in the "getting to know the pistol" phase. Its a bit jumpy with the 3" barrel, but she really likes the LDA trigger. I know its not "10 rounds in a hole the size of a quarter at 25 yds", but hey.... a BG would be having a real bad day.

See less See more
#2 ·
Uh, yeah, the recipient of your wife's projectiles would, indeed, be having something of a bad day. Very nice and effective shooting! Pass my compliments on to her.

One just has to wonder, though, what your "accident-prone mitts" did that requires a return trip to Para for some R&R.

#10 ·
One just has to wonder, though, what your "accident-prone mitts" did that requires a return trip to Para for some R&R.
Yea!-- Butterfingers tell us what you did!!!!!-----------------:D

#4 ·
Great job!! Is this the pistol that got dropped, or I could be confused. I think that there are several (read many??) of us with "oh my gosh, he/she dropped my pistol/revolver" stories. DH is lucky to be in the shape he is today after he dropped my favorite Taurus Gaucho -on the concrete floor of the range, no less!!;)

#5 ·
Wife was rather happy with this target, so I thought I would encourage her by posting it up for my TA.net fambly to see.
Target at 10 yards, all shots accounted for (a few flew into same hole, making it a little bigger):

View attachment 101545

Keep in mind that she only shot 1 mag through this pistol before I got my accident-prone mitts on it, necessitating a trip to Para. So this is basically still in the "getting to know the pistol" phase. Its a bit jumpy with the 3" barrel, but she really likes the LDA trigger. I know its not "10 rounds in a hole the size of a quarter at 25 yds", but hey.... a BG would be having a real bad day.
Personally, with a carry gun, I don't expect to hold great groups. If every shot is in the center of mass, or at least in a debilitating location, I'm happy. At 10 yards, if I take my time, and prepare for every shot, I can hold a 1/2" group using my normal carry ammo, 1.5" using range ammo. If I draw from my holster and rap off 11 shots as fast as I can re-acquire the target, 6-8" groups are about it. But as long as they are center of mass, that's what counts in a SD situation. Your wife did absolutely great. And you are right, that would screw up a BG's weekend.

#9 ·
Very nicely done! Considering I am one of those "accuracy nuts" who relishes tight groups at 25 yards I'd say that is very good, and completely effective, for a defensive handgun. I would say she has the potential to do that well and better at 25 yards with a little practice and determination. Encourage her.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.