Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Question for you NC country boys *backyard shooting range*

Just wwanted to get a little info before I wonder down to the local sheriffs department and confess my ideas

The house is out in the *Vance* county with under 2 acres of land, with neighbors on both sides and across the street.

I am interested in maybe shooting about 100 rounds a week or more. Plan on using silhouette targets with a homemade bullet catch *made with 1/2" steel and mobile* behind the target.

With neighbors permission already in hand, due to possibe noise concerns I figured Id ask them if they minded, but not sure if I needed it or not.

How do you think the sheriff will reply when I ask him if itll be alright if I shoot/practice int he backyard?

Anyone else do somethign similar and have any issues?

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Re: Question for you NC country boys *backyard shooting range*

http://www.ncwildlife.org/pg04_Hunti...e_brochure.pdf

Unfortunately, this reads as though you are out of luck...or at least up against a really big rock and a hard spot.

From the local stuff that has happened around the Waxhaw community, the gentleman who had a "proper" range constructed on his property years ago is now having issues with neighborhoods that have developed around his range...noise, stray bullets, etc.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Thanks, Ill try and see if I can research anything about it. I figure the more I can find out the better.

Seems that most of my options for shooting rnages are an hour or so away. Or I have to join some shooting club and then can go and compete etc.. but I really am just interested in practicing my draw and fire and such.

The one range I visisted and the other I called, do not allow you to prctice your draw and firing. Also you havwe to use their targets and ammo. Kind of defeats the purpose of reloading etc..

appreciate the reply

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

What sort of property is behind your land? if it´s open and you´re in the county you should be good with permission from the landowner. Call the sheriffs office. They´ll tell you the setback requirements for your county as they vary.
    They have gun control in Cuba. They have universal health care in Cuba. So why do they want to come here? -the late, Paul Harvey

If guns kill people, spoons made Michael Moore and Rosie O'Donnel fat!

http://www.weaponscache.com/forum/links/giveaways-1/

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Links